Golden Triangle Speedway
July 26, 2014, 07:03:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Payout Suggestion  (Read 2599 times)
rogracer2
« on: December 26, 2006, 10:40:53 pm »

First of all, could we have the Pure Stock/Bomber payout on the web page like the other classes?

What does everyone think about this suggestion:

Take a little off the top 3 payout, and spread it more evenly though the top 10 positions.

I would like to see this in Pure Stock/Bombers - since that is where I race, but I'm not sure on what the payout total is each week. If I see what a weekly payout is for bombers, I will throw out my suggestion. But until then, I'll throw some numbers out for Outlaw Stock.

If you do the math on Outlaw Stock, if 15 cars show up, the total payout is $1150. How about this for a payout instead:

1st...250
2nd...150
3rd...110
4th...100
5th...90
6th...80
7th...70
8th...60
9th...50
10th...40
11th...30
12th...30
13th...30
14th...30
15th...30

The same $1150, but spread out some into the middle and bottom part of the finish order.

This could be done for any of the divisions.

It costs a lot to race, and for those of us who don't consistently finish in the top 3, it can end the season early for us due to lack of funds, or even keep potential drivers from showing up in the first place.

I think it would encourage a higher car count. If you have a division where only a few cars win each week, how does that encourage more drivers and car owners to come out and spend money they know will probably go to their competition that wins a bunch?

I am realistic to know I can't break even each week with how much it costs for gas for my truck and race car coming in from Lake Charles. That is why this is a hobby for me - I spend money to race because it is fun and exciting.

When I have a top ten finish, it would be nice to know that I can break even on my gas expenses.

Roger
Pure Stock #2
rogracer2
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 03:01:04 pm »

142 views of this topic in 2 weeks, and no replies? Doesn't anyone else have an opinion?
maddog

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 05:07:32 am »

:roll:  :roll:  :roll: try harder. there's my opinion!!!

Madison racing#3
rogracer2
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 06:50:22 am »

Try harder is a good concept for me as an individual car owner/driver, but what about the sport as a whole? Is that going to get more people racing?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: