Golden Triangle Speedway
July 24, 2014, 09:38:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should Limited Modifieds run Crate Engines?
Crate - 2 (16.7%)
Stay with current rules - 5 (41.7%)
run what you brung - 5 (41.7%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Limited Modified survey!!  (Read 1629 times)
Brian88

« on: March 09, 2007, 02:00:40 am »

How many of you think the Limited Modifieds should change to a sealed crate engine?
 I am curious how this would go over with most of the Limited Modified drivers.
larkin19

Gonna get a little SIDEWAYS!!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 04:12:21 pm »

Cool Cool Brian88,  If i'm not mistaken don't you have a modified!!!!  So why all the interest in what I should be running in my class!! just a thought.  I've worked hard this off season to get what some of the others already have.  Why should I be interested in changing the rule.  The Limited Modified class is a very competitive class just the way it is.   

Special thanks to: Jamie Bryant, Fine Signs and Graphics, Rashall Racing, Ferguson & Wright Racing and the crew Chryslynn, Larkin, Trenton.
JJ94

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 05:23:46 pm »

I myself would not like a sealed crate motor.  A couple of reasons:

1.  I know a lot of these guys buy their motors from shops, or have someone else build them and supply them, but I (and maybe some others as well) still build my own motor.  I like that, I don't want to depend on someone else to do it for me.

2.  When I build my own motor, I can pay for it as I go.  If we were to go to crate, I would just have to come up with all of the engine cost at one time.  And, again, that may not apply to those who get two or three engines a year from a sponsor, all sealed and ready to go.

Limited Modified class was started to be a competitive, LOW COST class;  granted, I do understand that it's not cheap to race, and I knew that going in.  But, if we start adding crate motors, what's next?  I think the class is very competitive as it is, and we should leave it alone for a while.  I know this would pull everyone in on an even basis, but there's a lot of this that's about driving skills, not just motor.

Just my opinion.

What's the Soup de Jour?"

"It's the soup of the day."

"Mmm, that sounds good, I'll have that."
Brian88

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 06:05:43 pm »

Hey Larkin19  I was just wondering what the the drivers would vote for. Nothing More!!
Shannon Craft

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 03:58:43 am »

I asked Bobby what he thought.. he is for the GM Crate... if they ever decided to do that ....if not he is happy with the current rules.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: