Golden Triangle Speedway
April 18, 2014, 04:11:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FRIDAY THE 13th????!!!  (Read 2150 times)
racer25tx

« on: July 14, 2007, 07:51:07 pm »

Well, I, for one, was glad we finally got to see some racing action on our own, local track. But, MAN!!!, was it a Friday the 3th kind of night or what??? I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did, and I hope there aren't any lasting hard feelings. There were quite a few cars with damage when the final flag dropped. 
BWILLIS90

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 02:31:00 pm »

I guess that whole Friday the 13th deal Explains why my car is sitting in the shop waiting to go to the frame shop with both front horns on the clip bent (in front of the shock mounts, whew...), thanks to STUART SANDOZ. Or, maybe he just forgot how to drive altogether or just forgot how to keep his car under control. I don't know but he never said one word to anyone with us and he was gone by the time the wrecker finally towed me off the track after the modified race - pretty stand up.
st.stock38

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 03:07:19 pm »

sounds like it was a combination of no racing blues, and the first time out this year jitters, just cause your fast don't give you the right to run over someone.
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 04:57:47 pm »

I know I had a rough night.  Not really anyone's fault but my own...  I think everyone was glad to get some racing in though.  I'll have it back together this weekend, along with a nice receipt from the parts house.  I guess this is why they call it racing and not winning right?

JJ
Rowdy51

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 09:24:41 pm »

atleast beat the rain this friday clutch is out in my car and its just sittin is why i didnt come out.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 12:39:53 am by Rowdy51 » Logged

StreetStock 51
aubrey cain

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 04:07:47 am »

Your front frame horns are bent? That sounds like you hit him! So why are you bitter towards Sandoz. I saw Sandoz spin and get hit in the left front. I have never had anybooy come apoligize for spinning in front of me. Hope you get your car fixed soon.
BWILLIS90

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 04:16:33 pm »

Yes the frame horns are bent, about 3-4 inches over to the left from where they were before I got hit just in front of my right front tire. I think I would know I was in the car. I'm not bitter at Stuart, he's been racin with my dad and grandpa (Rocky and J.B.) for years, so I just thought he would come over and say something. BUT, he didn't so that's that - no big deal and no hard feelings, that's RACIN. It's being straightened and we'll be back, hopefully sooner than later!
aubrey cain

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 12:00:25 am »

That won't be to hard to straighten out when they put it on a frame rack. It will pull right back over. Just don't cut any bars loose before you take it to the shop and it will all pull back straight. I have known J. B. and Rocky for a long time. Better luck to you next time you go racing!
BWILLIS90

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 05:47:12 pm »

Thanks Mr. Cain, I appreciate it! Man, I remember watching you outrun EVERYBODY at Silsbee in that #66 Glen English ride when I was a little kid. I just hope I can be that good, not many people are.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: