Golden Triangle Speedway
October 31, 2014, 04:18:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tropical Storm Humberto  (Read 3485 times)
cherokeeracer

« on: September 12, 2007, 08:30:05 pm »

According to the weather, Humberto is going to drop a lot of rain on Beaumont.  We will keep our fingers crossed, that it doesn't!!!  Keep the Faith!
maddog

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 01:03:16 am »

Shocked Shocked Shocked too late!!!!

Madison racing#3
dancer52

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 01:56:06 am »

Can someone keep us informed of the pit conditions there as well?  We are thinking about coming down this Saturday, but might have to think twice if the pits are too muddy for our rig...
HS89

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 01:19:19 pm »

Is everyone okay?

2007 Outlaw Stock Points Champion
cherokeeracer

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 07:29:36 pm »

I heard that a lot of people in Beaumont lost their electricity, so maybe that is why no one is answering us down there!! They supposedly had 70-80 MPH winds.  I hope the people and the track are ok!!
haulsas

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 07:57:00 pm »

There was reportedly one death due to a carport collapsing. There are approximately 100k people with out power. Gas lines are pretty common as well as fast food resturants are all full since the loss of power in places. Just the typical things that follow a storm. Don't know to much about the track, I live about 10 miles from it and we recieved substantial rain and wind. I know that it will take lots of sun to dry the area where I live, so I am sure the track is pretty much soaked also.......but who knows, it could drain and the sun dry things up for sat.,,,,,guess we'll see,,,,,
butch1965

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 09:04:59 pm »

There is alot of water in the Pits and Infield and the ground is very soft, everything else looks to be ok. The rains the last two days has delayed some needed repairs. I will check the track out again tomorrow morning and have a answer by noon tomorrow (friday).
Brian88

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 10:12:14 pm »

Well at my house in Mauriceville we are without power, and from what I hear will not be getting power back until maybe Friday. Also heard a rumor of next Tuesday (but I think that is a bit far fetched). Other than that it is just typical trees down and limbs. From what I have seen most of the damage is in the Orange County, South Jefferson county area. Well maybe we will see yall and maybe we won't depends on if we get electricity back tomorrow or not. Still some repairs needed to be made on my car.

Later
Brian Boram
MotoramaKay

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 12:26:27 pm »

Brian, I was sorry to see how hard you hit the wall Saturday but also very glad to see you were OK... Good luck and God Bless,
               Kay

ay Pierson... If it were a crime to be kind, would there be enough evidence to convict you?HuhHuh?  Smiley
Photos2Go

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 04:26:10 pm »

******* Photos2go- Ron & Colette ******
We got power last night, but not all of Mauriceville and ORange is up with power. If anyone needs more info on Our area, check the kogt.com website. All of last week photos are on the website. Glad your okay Brian...
Keep us posted if we race or not - we will try and be there. Hope everyone is okay and stay safe.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 12:43:40 am by Photos2Go » Logged
Brian88

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 04:46:56 pm »

Well we still do not have power!! No power means no race for me, hopefully we will have power by the time I get off work.
 Thanks Kay, Luckily the wreck was not that bad. I have a couple of things to fix but if we get to race I am pretty sure we will be there.

Brian
dancer52

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 05:55:09 pm »

Well...looks like the hurricane won..too bad...was looking forward to taking our car down there...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: