Golden Triangle Speedway
July 24, 2014, 03:43:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rough Driving  (Read 19894 times)
BUBBET

« on: September 23, 2007, 03:37:41 pm »

Everyone in wondering why the car count is dropping at motorama.  When the features start with 15 to 20 cars and only 5 or 6 finish there has to be a problem.  There is so much rough driving going on in the pure stock class and there is nothing being done about it.  The 44 car hit the 60 car coming out of turn 2 just to pass him and nothing was done.  In the last reck on the race if anyone was black flagged all four of them should have.  They were racing!!!!!!!  They come out of turn 4 4 wide and they were all going for the checkered and no one lifted.  Some of the cars in this class are out of hand.  Some of the motors need to be pulled down and checked.  It's not good racing when most of the cars are together racing and one or two are a whole track in front of them.  If Butch thinks that looking the other way and not teching good keeps car count he is wrong look at the numbers.
redmod

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 04:12:51 pm »

I agree,its not just the pure stocks but outlaw,limited,and mod stock.whats the use of having a rule book when the rules are not enforced.look at what happened to the silsbee track,beaumont has some of the same officials that worked at silsbee working for them, looking the other way or just not caring,thinking its good racing.but thats just my opinion.
mod3r

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 11:22:24 pm »

if you help BUTCH at the track or show up every week end you do what you want to  ......... all classes ... thats why i havent brought my mod stock back out...
butch1965

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 12:11:56 am »

Car count is down because Motorama is a Friday night race track and we are racing this month on Saturdays. This month there are 5 tracks within easy driving distance, HRP, Willis, Cleveland, Lufkin, and Motorama racing the same night, also there was a big race last night in Edna for Modifieds and Limited Modifieds. After 11 rainouts this year I added the Sept races on Saturdays to give the local area racers that don't travel to other tracks a chance to race a few more times this year. I knew the car counts would be down and I am not disappointed in the low car counts during Sept, this was done for the local drivers. If you want to know numbers, the total car count has increased every year at Motorama for the last 5 years.
butch1965

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 12:34:38 am »

MOD3R, I'm going to ask you to post a list of Drivers that help me at the track. You can also post a list of everyone that helps me work at the track. Some of these Drivers may need to be notified because they have not been showing up.
redmod

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 02:21:05 am »

The reason some of the local drivers do not travel to other tracks is we have to change our cars to run there tracks,but they can came to ours and dont have to,i know its easier said  than done but the rules need to be the same at all 5 tracks that run the same classes. I think the Haynes are some of the people MOD3R is referring to,its not anything personal Butch,but the rules should be the same for Everyone it should not matter if they run in the front or the back. 
mod3r

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 04:47:09 pm »

nothing personal BUTCH but whats fair for one should be fair for all...i ll be back next year with new car and if you want take care of it i will on the race track....what ever it takes
Rowdy51

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 06:14:56 pm »

i have to agree with mod3r reason i sold my car price to build a top 3 modstock i could have a pretty decent modified for that kind of money and the reason i wont race purestock is due to how ruff the drving gets i dont feel like rebuilding my car just about every week if i ran purestock
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 06:24:34 pm by Rowdy51 » Logged

StreetStock 51
mod3r

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 06:23:20 pm »

this stuff goes on in all classes
mod3r

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 06:24:37 pm »

thats why we dont race our mod there and i sold my limited
BWILLIS90

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 06:52:49 pm »

There's not that much rough driving going on, it's called dirt track RACING.  If you want to go out and race and not  touch anybody you need to get a drag car.  I got my fender tore off this weekend, but we were running hard and it's just one of those racing things - oh well. Thanks Butch for having somewhere for us to run locally!
Rowdy51

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 06:55:12 pm »

least the drag cars stay in one piece Shocked theres not much in modstock yeah i have traded paint a few times with some guys but theres alot of it goin on in purestock like earlier post said reason most of the cars that start the feature never finish it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 07:01:12 pm by Rowdy51 » Logged

StreetStock 51
haulsas

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 06:57:29 pm »

Tell that to John Force after yesterday,,,
butch1965

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 07:56:41 pm »

4 people have given negative comments about Motorama Speedway, surely there are more people out there that have problems with this race track. Let me have it, tell it like it is, spill your guts, light this board up, put it out there, let's hear it, don't hold back, if it's broke let's fix it. Let's fix all these problems. Tell us about all the problems and then tell us how to fix them.
31 RACER

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 08:54:58 pm »

If you say this youíre warning at the drivers meeting then stick by it. Donít give more warnings on the track either use the flag or donít even point it.

Baytown says that if you take a car out and he can not finish the night then you canít finish the night either (paraphrased of course)

I was told that Beaumont was the roughest track to race at, I did not believe them until we ran there and had to make our own repairs
(2 out of 4 times running at Beaumont we have had to replace $450.00 worth of equipment) we did win about $75.00 that does help a little.
That kind of math makes it hard to justify racing to the wife, we can travel to the other tracks and spend a little more in diesel but at least I do not make the of repairs like we have had to so far.

Stopping the rough driving starts with the officials.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: