Golden Triangle Speedway
December 21, 2014, 05:56:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rough Driving  (Read 21854 times)
MotoramaKay

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 09:08:31 pm »

I worked at Motorama for 4 years and let me tell you we have some of the finest officials there is, also when there is a yellow the fire and medical guys are there before the other cars are stopped checking on our drivers. Butch is doing everything he can to make it fun, just like this Saturday when he asked if anyone had any ideas being it was going to be a short night. I personally want to THANK Butch for giving us all a place to race, I have been to many tracks and seen alot of rough driving and nothing was done. If you have a suggestion, question or gripe why not bring it up at the drivers meeting?  Good luck and safe racing! We love and respect our drivers.

ay Pierson... If it were a crime to be kind, would there be enough evidence to convict you?HuhHuh?  Smiley
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 10:12:15 pm »

Guys, gals and whomever else on here....

Both my dad and I have been out to help Butch at the track, so have another father and son team to try and get a race in when all the other 'die hards' were nowhere to be found.  I didn't receive any special treatment.  I was put to the infield for causing two cautions.  We pay our entry just like everyone else to go out and enjoy our HOBBY! 
    Maybe they should tear down.  There is a fee to put up money to tear someone down, if you have a problem, put up your money.  You guys hammer Butch like he's forcing you guys to do something you hate or dont want to.  I dont know how many times I've called Butch to talk or to ask questions.  He's never lied to me, told me he couldn't answer it or wouldn't answer it....try communicating.  You guys made the point about warnings in the driver's meeting and yet every driver's meeting when they ask if anyone has a question no-one says anything. 
    The competition is very tough around here.  I've spent a great deal of money racing this year, but I learned from my mistakes on not how to do something that way again.  There are a few rough drivers in every class.  Sure some of them need a good old fashion, take them behind the restroom and stomp their tale, but we know what will happen if anyone tries that....and its definitely not worth that.  Or we go race as hard and clean as we all can and then if something happens go talk to the officials after the race.   GO TALK to them, do not walk up showing your tale and telling them where they can stick it.  They are going to treat you the same way you would treat them if they did that to you...
     Some of the drivers need to take some responsibility for some stuff being torn up.  Lean on me, ill lean on you, but if they dont know you're there, they can't avoid you.  I was asked about an incident earlier this year that tore up some of my equipment, and I knew the other driver did not do it intentionally, they were racing.  I know that when I go race, I have a great deal of money in my equipment and dont really want to tear it up, so I drive with my eyes past the radiator and drive with some respect as the others around me also have a great investment.  (wow, I didn't even take a philosophy class for that one...). 
     Hey if you guys have a problem with a driver, or a majority of the class does, why not go talk to them about it.  Don't walk over like you're in high school and are going to jump them, but maybe hey....we're tired of getting our stuff torn up..chill or no cars will finish one night....I mean, I'm just tossing that out there, if that happened no one would have to worry about fixing their stuff and the rough driving would be solved, and everyone would get DNF money....great idea right.....(ok that was a joke)..
     I personally don't understand how you, us, we can let a couple of bad apples spoil the orchard.  We all love the sport and to go racing.  I think there are ways to solve these problems, but you all needed to voice some of the opinions earlier in the year.  I would much rather see some parked cars come out and race and voice a problem in the drivers meeting than see them post that they arent coming cause of a couple roughians....
    Thanks for putting up with us all Butch.  I know I appreciate and try to promote the racing in this area as much as I can....

JJ
Modified 71

This year..
1 body,
3 wheels,
2 ball joints,
4 ruined tires (just the cut ones...),
127 gallons of alcohol,
Let 9 racers borrow parts/wheels or tires
1 broken crank that twisted 4 rods and pistons,
1 sold car,
1 new car
4 new good friends,

1 night at the race track....PRICELESS.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 10:20:42 pm by Jonathan Johnson » Logged
mod101

jhracing101

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 11:22:50 pm »

I agree it does start with the officials. I know everyone has seen what has happened to my car. I know what i had , it was running like a dream when i got RUN OVER by the same one that run over me before.It was said by the officials it was my fault. Everyone else said I got run over! It seems that there are some people who can't stand to be passed or even loose.It is just plain ridiculous that the same ones win almost every weekend, never teched.I know what my car can do and it is legal and yet when i get close to the front I get took out.

it is not how hard you hit,its how hard you get hit and keep moving foward!!!
redmod

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 02:09:17 am »

I agree with JJ that its the drivers responsability to say something,but if its done in the drivers meeting i doubt if we would get any racing done,to many drivers with thin skins that would rather argue than talk.I think the track should check some of these cars,not only looking at the engines but getting under them and checking for mini clutches,direct drives etc.I still say that some of the track personel need to pay attention,that means the flagman to,i know its hard to see everything but thats what the people in the corners are for, trading a little paint and accidents happen,thats racing,but when you see a car taking out the left rear wheel to get the lead on more than one occasion Huh?
dthompson228

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 02:30:17 am »

if you dont like the way the track is ran then put your money up and buy it. butch you will never make everone happy.  if   you dont like to run ther then go to some of theother tracks . i have raced at all the tracks around southeast texas and every drivers meating ther is some one not happy with the way it is ran .this hobby is not cheep. if you can not aford it then you dont need to be in it.
HS89

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 02:44:22 am »

I have raced at several tracks in the Houston area. I have seen many races where less than half the field finish the race. This is usually pretty common in the pure stock class. This is usually a beginner class and a lot of drivers tend to drive over their head. I have been racing for 11 years and this has always gone on. You have some drivers that think you have to get to the front on the first lap. This impatience tends cause a lot of carnage. This happens in all classes. Motorama is a great place to race. They just have the same problems that every other track has. Butch has given us a great track to run at. Thanks Butch.

2007 Outlaw Stock Points Champion
racegirl

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 03:20:42 am »

I agree that some of it is just racing but there are a few that spoil the "HOBBY" for everyone. Part of the problem is some don't think of it as HOBBY they are too competetive & out for blood. No one said racing was cheap but it gets hard to fix stuff every week and keep coming back for more. But instead of griping on here be part of the solution not the problem. I think there needs to be a driver's meeting the sometime during the two weeks we are off in Oct to air this out before the end of season but everyone will need to voice the complaints in a productive way. Yes, you can't please everyone but the cars that win every week do need to be teched consistently by the rules and the officials do need to AGREE on the rules so everyone is treated equally.
It is not good racing to see a select few win every race & the rest of the field torn up sitting in the infield.
May-be it will be fun to make a rule if someone takes u out intentially they have to fix your car !! LOL  Smiley or may-be the ones who don't like the officials should try being one for a nite and see how easy it is because everyone will always have a different view.

We will continue to support Bmt as I hope all local racers will continue to do so .......

redmod

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 03:22:22 am »

Thats is my point right there,[228],everyone knows its not cheap,no one said it wasnt,but this is not a demo derby,it does have RULES,not run what you brung.This is a way for drivers to let there problems be heard without interuptions,because if they try to do it in a drivers meeting someone will make a smarta** comment or say something that is not feasable,then it will turn into bigger problems.
I will have both my cars out there next year and i hope everyone else will to.

racegirl

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 03:24:29 am »

by the way Jonathon loved your ad reference

RACING IS PRICELESS !!
redmod

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2007, 03:26:23 am »

I like the ideas Racegirl Smiley.there should be a meeting but not during a racenight.  ??
BUBBET

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 03:31:43 am »

I'm not sure that Butch would agree with the comment if you don't like it go to another track, but he might.  That is not the way you solve problems in any business.  I know that to a driver it is a hobby but to a track owner it is a business.  Sometimes that is the hardest thing to keep seperate.  But when you write rules in a business you go by them.  If a driver is a beginner in the pure stock class and he/she tries to win the race in the first lap and runs over 5 cars to do it if you black flag him a couple of times he will learn the right way to race it's that the idea of having a pure stock class so that they can learn before they get into an open wheel class so that the damage is controlled before you get to that class.  So if it has been going of for years maybe that explains why it is going on the the other classes.  Cars complain they can't get sponsors.  Give them something to watch and be proud to say I sponsor that car.  The wrecks aren't happening because they are new drivers! Just a suggestion if a car wins every week and is way out in front every week pull him down at tech.  Baytown does it, ask Kevin Sitton, Travis Hudnall and some of the other guys that have been pulled down.  It only takes a little while of consistance with the black flag to clean up the driving.
aubrey cain

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 05:19:15 am »

Butch, I think you should just sell the race track and get rid of the headache. Then get into streetrodding like I did. No rough driving at the car shows, no worry about protests and just sit back and have fun. Man, I must be getting old!  LOL
butch1965

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 06:40:08 am »

Audrey, you are right I have spent 5 years doing what I could for dirt track racing in this area and yes the race track is for sale. It is time for someone to step in and continue making improvements for racing in this area. I really enjoy being around everybody involved in racing, yes everybody. 

Hey Aubrey, do you still live in Silsbee? I am just on the south side of town, give me a call so we can checkout each others toys. I still have a 66 Nova Pro Street/Drag car that I stopped working on 5 years ago and ready to finish while I still can get around. I also still have my old Drag car that I stopped racing 15 years ago, I feel the need for speed again.

Jonathan, this question is for you, how hard would it be to get 2500 lbs using a small block (cu in optional) with twin Pro Chargers connected to a converter and Lenco into the 7's. The need for speed is still there. PS I know how to do it with a big block, maybe I should just try what I know.

Edited, I am having a hard time going to sleep thinking about a door slammer ride in the 7's at my age, so maybe I should stay in the 9's for now---If this way of thinking still keeps me awake, I guess I may just see you at the car show Aubrey.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 12:36:34 pm by butch1965 » Logged
BUBBET

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 02:28:19 pm »

Someone pmed me with a thought.  The 25 car worked on his car during the red light when the 9 flipped.  You are not suppose to do work on your car on racing surface during a red light.  If he had been black flagged for that he would not have caused the last wreck.
butch1965

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 03:48:29 pm »

I don't know how that happened, he does not  help me work at the track. I'm sorry just could'nt resist the opportunity, my bad. Truthfully, I personally was more concerned about the well being of the driver that was upside down with gas and oil spilling all around him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: