Golden Triangle Speedway
April 18, 2014, 01:20:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rough Driving  (Read 19037 times)
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2007, 06:24:56 pm »

I think Bubbet made a good point of people whining about sponsors, etc.  There is no reason that someone should have to be hit to pass another car.  And for that matter the attitude "well he has sponsors he can afford to fix it...." is one that is rediculous to the point of being ludicrous.  Most people's sponsor, even with sponsors is still their back pocket just like it is for those without them...

RedMod never said anything about racing being cheap.  I think we all know that is far from the case, and Redmod is a great case for knowing.  He fields nice equipment and has multiple cars that he doesnt want to have to make unecessary repairs to every week.  That is the problem.  I think we all agree repairs are a necesary evil to the sport we choose, but should not have to be made for the reason of someone getting mad or roughing up another extraneously to make a pass...

Butch, theoretically if you sold the track for say $125,000, I think a Pro Charger or Twin-Turboed small block should be no problem.  Just let Mrs.  Doyle no that she will see no part of the track sale that you are re-investing in your own racing career.  I think that would go over just fine, don't you?  Tell you what, if you are really serious and Mrs. Doyle doesn't mind, I know where a washed up alcohol funny car driver is and for the money from the track sale Doyle Motorsports could field a nice operation.  In fact I know where one is...turn key.  PM me for info....lol

**Disclaimer**  The above stated amount was a thought up number by JJ and in no manner may or may not reflect what Mr.  Butch Doyle, owner, wants for his race track.  Please excuse the opporunity to tell Butch that Pro Chargers and Turbo Chargers are not cheap, but definitely have 7 second potential.  For that matter alcohol funny cars have mid 5 second potential.  That's nothing for a man in your shape Butch. 
butch1965

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2007, 07:07:00 pm »

So what you are saying is a mid 8 second Door Slammer with a cheap big block ($15,000) and a glide would be the limit for a old man like me or do I need to just catch a ride with Aubrey to the car shows?  Roll Eyes

Shocked would this be my face in a 7 second ride?
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2007, 07:26:32 pm »

Butch,  I see no reason not to have a 7 second car that you can drive to the car shows...I know you could handle it.  Racing is like riding a bike, may take a few runs to knock your rust off, but you'll be good!  I mean really, why not?  Look at how much money you have raked in hand over fist the last few years at the track.   HAHA!!!!  Think about it you and Aubrey could both have  Shocked Shocked faces with that.  That'd be cute huh...

JJ   Grin
butch1965

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2007, 07:40:26 pm »

Jonathan, help me out here. I keep reading your statement, That's nothing for a man in your shape Butch----I am getting 2 different meanings from it, either you are saying----That's no problem for a man in as good a shape as you are----The other meaning would be---Don't do it.   What were you telling me, I'm confused. Huh Huh Huh
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2007, 07:53:19 pm »

Do it....seriously, ok so the comment was meant as:

"Nothing for a guy in your shape" -  phrase from the English language meaning that there is no reason why you shouldn't do it.  The Shape comes in that people think you have to be olympic athlete material (not saying you not) but if Jay Payne can get his but in an alcohol car, or Bill Kuhlmann could get in a promod you have no worries driving whatever you want. 

That was the johnapedia meaning of the word.  You can learn other exciting phrases at johnsonboyz.com.

LOL!!!  GO FOR IT BUTCHIEEEE
butch1965

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2007, 08:09:55 pm »

All this was for nothing, after you explained it in a way I could understand I asked Mrs. Doyle and she said NO.  Also I may have a problem riding with Aubrey, we would never get to the car show, I would be telling him to go straight and he would be turning left at every intersection.
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2007, 08:21:01 pm »

Very good point Colonel Musturd.....One man say left, the other say straight....You eventually go straight into a circle...

Mrs. Doyle didn't say NO, you just didn't explain the positive side to all this...lol.  Was that reeeaaalllllyyy her final answer?
butch1965

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2007, 08:47:06 pm »

Your right, she didn't say no but I thought that would be better than saying that I may be scared of a 7 second ride.  Shocked Shocked
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2007, 09:12:04 pm »

Good PC answer Butch.  Blame it on Mrs. Doyle..real smmooootthhhh.

Paula, I agree, I don't mind fixing my mistakes, but I don't want to consistantly fix those of others.

I've been wanting to say this for some time.  If all the racer's at Motorama would work at getting along and help promote the racing in this area it would be benficial to everyone.  I think we would see more 'increased payout' shows, we could be a 'host' to out-of-towner who would tell their friends and before you know it have great car counts in all classes.  But with that said, when the out-of-towners come in the locals can not make it a point to drive all over them to act as id they are treading on 'our' territory.  I can assure you that if car counts were consistantly high, the promoter(s) at any track would reward the racers with increased start money or at least something.  But it is not any ONE person's job.  We as the racer's should want to help our fellow racers and the promoter.  Come on guys, like the golden rule in grade school...do unto others and you would want done unto you.  Drive over their stuff, then its ok to drive over yours, and that is the exact point of where we are now... That also means not taking advatage of a nice gesture, such as a loaned part by not replacing it!  If we or you can't do that then someone needs to find something they enjoy.  The competitors in all classes should work as a team.  The racers at the track should so as well. 

Don't get me wrong I am not saying we should not race hard by any means, just dont be stupid!
Anybody agree or disagree with this?

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 09:35:23 pm by Jonathan Johnson » Logged
racegirl

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2007, 09:33:05 pm »

JJ I whole-heartly AGREE with your last post
We should all work together for everyone's benefit

SEE YA AT THE RACES .....
rogracer2

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2007, 09:42:08 pm »

With the track for sale, does that mean any of the races for the end of this year are cancelled? What about next year - will it be closed or open until someone else buys it?
Brian88

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2007, 09:52:48 pm »

JJ Don't you have a job to do instead of playing on the computer? You better get to work so you can get that car together!!!  Grin Roll Eyes Huh  Shocked (Butch's 7 second ride face)
umpracer

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2007, 10:09:40 pm »

Brian you are so funny!! My man JJ work. those two words in the same sentence is really funny, just like seeing Butch in a race car for a 7 second ride.
Just pickin JJ you now your my oreh!!!
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2007, 10:11:44 pm »

RogRacer

Plan on racing next year...

Brian88, it's been a busy day, and I wasn't playing I was researching and asking fellow colleagues their opinion on a design.... Grin Wink

Tongue Embarrassed :'( Shocked Shocked Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin  Butch's Five Second Ride Sequence....

Whew Man I love being people's oreh's!!!!
Brian88

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2007, 10:17:19 pm »

Hey JJ, Remember who you are talking to, I know that all of those impressive words really interpret to you playing on the computer!! HEEHEEHEE

GET TO WORK!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: