Golden Triangle Speedway
September 24, 2014, 02:16:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rough Driving  (Read 20794 times)
DRTRK23

« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2007, 01:19:00 pm »

I say put quick steers on but put em on backwards .......NOW THATS EXCITEMENT !!!
HS89

« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2007, 02:04:54 pm »

You are sooooo bad!!!!!

2007 Outlaw Stock Points Champion
HS89

« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2007, 02:07:47 pm »

I know that quick steer will not make the class wreck free. I just feel that with it you have better control over your car. Better control means less wrecks and better racing.

Jim

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2007, 03:06:47 pm »

Quick steer may give you better control of your car. But how is that going to prevent rough driving? I know that you can't stop some drivers from driving the way they do. In my opinon (which only counts $.02), you need to place a spotted in each turn. Hit the rough drivers with the black flag a few time, then you could control you rough drivers.
Would like to bring out bomber back to race in your pure stock class. But, until you get more control over some of your drivers in that class, we'll not race there. And before someone asks: are you a driver. The answer is NO. I am a car owner.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 03:09:14 pm by Jim » Logged

131271/131641761.jpg
HS89

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2007, 12:16:31 am »

I have watched the pure stock class and I don't know how much is actual rough driving and just plain inexperience. I do know that there are some that do drive rough intentionally, those are the ones that should be black flagged. My personal opinion is just that, personal. I have raced in that class before and I think it's about 50-50. There will always be those few that want to bully there way around the race track. Hopefully the officials are watching them and they will be dealt with. There are some track that if you take someone out intentionally, then you go to the pits also. Maybe if this was tried, it would calm some people down. As you said Jim, this is my 2 cents worth.

7s bomber

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2007, 05:17:32 am »

Honestly, quicksteer in purestock?

Speaking for the only nut in outlawstock who DOESN'T have quicksteer.... that won't solve much. Its the eyes behind the wheel looking further ahead than the end of the hood. My cars been ran for 4 years, 1 year at silsbee and the past 3 years in outlawstock at Beaumont. Yeah, its been bent and I will retire it this year.... but I have never had quicksteer, nor do I want it.

I've had the same radiator for 4 years, that kinda tells you I don't hit things with the front end. So, is quicksteer gonna help these guys, well maybe some of them. The rest of the guys who look only at the guy ahead of them , if that far.... well, they are still gonna tear up cars and cause alot of wrecks.

If the awareness of being on the racetrack isn't a state of mind for some of these guys by now, well it never will be.

Theres my 2 cents. Like em or not.

S Bomber/Outlawstock/Modstock/Purestock, whatever...lets race!
7s bomber

« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2007, 05:21:51 am »

Oh yeah, and Butch... PLEASE leave outlawstock rules the same for next season..... I gots plans for next year! Keep up the good work!

Thank You Smoky!!!   Figure you'll get a kick outta this one Steve Upshaw!

HS89

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2007, 04:41:12 pm »

7s, you didn't race a whole lot this year. Huh? Just wanted to know where all the outlaw stocks went to this past season.

old motorama racer

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2007, 03:59:50 am »

ive read a bit and would like to put my worthless 2 cents in also.

how much will it take to purchase the track? it still seems rundown and trashed out since the hurricane. seems like with the large amount of insurance paid for hurricane damages, at least some new bleachers could have been purchased to replace the throw away scaffold bleachers larry spring erected. would be nice to have a presentation from the hwy other than a grown up weeded ditch with dumpster and embarrassing little sign.

comments were brought about the silsbee track and  its staff.  seems motorama is trying to uphold the appearance of silsbee too. maybe the reputation of the rough driving and questionable calls.  favortism is easier to see and harder to forget than a bad call. i am certain 90 percent of the calls are right, 90 percent of the wrecks are "accidents" but like with anything, that small percentage seems to get all the attention.  this can be a good thing as there will be less to correct.

here are my foolish suggestions:

more corner workers, more black flags, more authority, make this tracks reputation become tough yet fair.

rules. follow the rules. bust the cheaters and dont be so quick to "overlook" something.
i know of a few personal instances where cars were dqed because the tech man there did not understand the rules. and when brought to his attention that it didnt matter what sparkplugs were in the heads...by the rules, the head was legal...thats right we got dqed because of the wrong sparkplugs...(2nd place finish)(pre jim craft)

cheaters? it keeps being brought up to "put your money where your mouth is"...if the track would run a respectable and thorough tech with  records and notes, there would be a need for protest. unless you know exactly what and how they are cheating.

i recall a couple of instances 4 years ago where a car would come to motorama...when the feature and get dqed the next night for illegal heads.  this happened numerous times leaving a local driver in 2nd, where a proper tech would have corrected the situation.

im not sure how this track should be fixed. all i know is in the 80s, this place was awesome, you had to park on hwy 90 because the lot was full. good souvenirs. good concessions. nice pace cars. great racing. supported by the community.

it just seems that the racing down here has too many complainers and pointers and noone will man-up and fix it!

i would like to see a car count total comparison for last 4 years. if you are talking of registering  or actual weekly cars, that would need to be clarified.

good luck on the 3 day show, hopefully it will have positive words when its over.

congratulations to all points champions

elderly racer

MotoramaKay

« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2007, 12:51:36 pm »

This goes to old motorama racer, I usually TRY to keep my mouth shut, no direspect to you because we raced for over 30 years....yep, I am old too!  lol  Evidently you didn't see Motorama after the hurricane ....I did! there was nothing left except a step where my office was and half the bleachers. Myself and several others BUSTED our buns to get it reopened so it wouldn't die. Butch has done as much as he could and also had to dig in his own pockets to open in 2006 and we made it! You are welcome to come volunteer like we did.... also if you would like to put up a sign, there is a nice spot for it, I bet Butch would even put your name on it for the donation, or have a race dedicated to you for the sign. We are always open for volunteers, all I want is to keep Motorama alive and a local place for our drivers to race. I will never compare this track or any others but I will tell you this, Motorama has had blood drives for drivers families. brought out Bucner children, Boys Haven and other Church groups for out youth and also passed a many of helmets.... I am not patting the back, I am just saying when it comes to Motorama please know they are more than just a dirt track Smiley

That is my useless 2 cents... I hope it is respectful sir because that is how I meant it.  Have a Blessed day!
                     Kay Pierson  (not skeered to put my name)  lol

ay Pierson... If it were a crime to be kind, would there be enough evidence to convict you?HuhHuh?  Smiley
butch1965

« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2007, 01:18:22 pm »

Old Motorama Racer, ConvertedKarter, (Jason Foux) are from the same computer IP address.
umpracer

« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2007, 02:46:14 pm »

I also (like Kay and others) was out there busting my Butt to get the track ready for 06 season.  Trust me our cars (we have 3 out there) don't get any special treatment.  Yes we complain some but we are still there racing and thankful for a place to race close to home. Enough of the complaining and fussing let's go racing.  Good Luck to the ones that race in the big 3 day show coming up!!!!

Thought of the Day:
             If you can't be part of the solutions don't be                 part of the problem.

Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2007, 04:11:38 pm »

umpracer....

Quote of the year right there!

Thanks Motorama Kay for you post.  I think sometimes people forget that minute detail.  There are a lot of people that volunteer and bust their tales for the track. 

JJ
HS89

« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2007, 03:24:18 am »

Everyone should feel lucky that Butch has busted his butt to keep the track going. I wish that our local track owner had cared as much. Anywhere we go race is about around 100 miles. Dirt tracks everywhere are closing down. Just remember how lucky you are to have a local track to race at. You could be like us and have to travel over 2 hours to go have fun. I also want to say that I really enjoy racing at Motorama and the racers there are some of the best people around. If we lived closer, we would have gladly helped out when Rita hit, not because we would have expected any favors, just that we want to see the track be the best that it can be. Thanks again Butch for a great place to race.

7s bomber

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2007, 03:46:16 am »

HS 89, I raced every weekend up til August.... too many rainouts this year. But I will be there in november, look forward hopefully to some good weather.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: