Golden Triangle Speedway
October 31, 2014, 06:03:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rules for 2008  (Read 4073 times)
7 ministock

« on: October 06, 2007, 12:57:52 am »

is this rumor true that the outlaw stock will convert to hobby stock next year... need to know because i have an outlaw stock and dont want to finish something illegal.... thanks
rogracer2

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 05:27:46 pm »

What is the difference between hobby stock and outlaw stock? Is hobby stock meaning IMCA rules?

A few years ago we had a rules meeting on a Saturday, and each hour a different class rules were discussed. I thought that was a good idea. Can we do that again?
butch1965

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 07:10:56 pm »

a meeting with the drivers will be good for Outlaw Stock and Modified Stock. Do we need a meeting for the other classes?
rogracer2

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 07:54:54 pm »

If the rules aren't changing for next year, then there isn't a need for a meeting.

Are you saying there is potential for changes in only mod stock and outlaw stock for next year?
AREA51

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 11:23:55 pm »

WHEN ARE YOU LOOKING TO HAVE A RULES MEETING FOR MOD STOCKS?? JUST NEED TO KNOW SO I DONT SPEND MONEY THAT I DONT HAVE..  I VOTE MOD STOCKS GO TO ASPHALT PULL OFFS Grin
st.stock38

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 01:00:13 am »

i vote for pull offs too! aftermarket heads!
mod3r

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 02:27:41 am »

i think the modstocks should be on 105 or gator rules ... i really like the asphalt pull offs ...
7s bomber

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 04:12:29 am »

Really the only real differences between Hobbys and Outlawstock is the engine package and tire rules.  Currently outlawstock allows aftermarket rods and crankshafts, while hobbystock has to run OEM crank and rods. Also outlawstock allows for the 50 series tires while hobbystock is limited to a 60 series.

I vote lets go hobbystock, my cars already legal. 

In reguards to Modstocks, I think for the carcount to rise, there has to be a consistent set of rules in place area wide. Also, a consistent tech procedure must be implemented at Motorama for this track to regain its success. Look at 105 speedway for instance.... do you see a car count effected by a strong enforcement of tech procedure. I see a thriving track that people go to because its fair. When too many questions buzz through the pit area over whos legal and who ain't then someone has to stand up and put an end to it.... and thats not our responsibility as drivers. When the top 3 go to tech, they need to know what they are in for. And it can't be a peek under the hood and drive across the scales week in and week out.

My comments are not directed toward the track in a negative way. Theres already enough people who take their comments in that direction. Hopefully, these remarks do not fall upon a deaf ear, as they are intended to help the track and not hurt it. I believe in our officials, but they cannot continue to "not make a call" or "look the other way". We are all here to have fun, and when it fails to be fun anymore... thats when people go elsewhere.

S Bomber/Outlawstock/Modstock/Purestock, whatever...lets race!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: