Golden Triangle Speedway
August 28, 2014, 11:11:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: powder puff  (Read 14526 times)
pigracer

« on: November 05, 2007, 03:39:42 pm »

You know, it really didn't surprise me the way the powder puff was done.  Why should it be any different than any of the other races? The other races are for track favorites only.  The rules apply only to certain drivers. Drivers that drive clean don't have a fighting chance. The powder puff was supposed to be for rookies only.  You let a registered driver and a driver that has been to 7 driving classes drive the powder puff.  What's up with that? It would be better if the track was sold to someone else. Everyone has their complaints but if things don't change someone is going to get hurt bad.
cindyfose1948

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 03:47:53 pm »

Do you realize the age of the driver in question?  Good job Mrs. Joy.  Good job Butch!!  I hope you don't sell the track.  We'll be there next year for sure.
haulsas

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 06:44:58 pm »

Pigracer is RIGHT, it should have been for the ladies that haven't raced before, and they shouldn't have allowed a registered driver to run at all. But, like alot of things you just have to accept things as they are. However, as far as the drivers age, I'm glad she got out there and laid a good reminder on the youngsters that age is just a # and my girlfriend and our car was one of the racers that was looking at the back of her car when the black and white was dropped. But, she got out of the car and was happy just to be able to get out and run the track, like we are supposed to be when you get to do something fun and to both of us that was the important part, a good post to read is Johnathan's, because he pretty much sums up the way racers should try to think and act,,,thankful we have a track right here in Beaumont,,,,,
           Things could always be worse, we could a catfish pond instead of a race track,
                     Thanks Butch for giving us a place to race, and for not turning this forum off, because if I was you this forum would be
                        MIA,,,,,,,,,See ya next year,,,,,,,,

Kim*66*
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 09:15:29 pm »

Well, I'm the one that was looking at the backend of the cars, yes I would have loved to have won just as much as any other woman on that track. but it was so much fun to get out there and run the car. It's a lot of work to race for everyone involved including the one on the sidelines cheering every Friday night. I want to thank Butch for allowing use to have the race, WHEN CAN WE DO IT AGAIN (LOL).

A HONEST LOSS IS BETTER THAN THE BEST CHEATING WIN!  Roll Eyes

KIM *66*
butch1965

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 10:03:24 pm »

How about several Playdays during the off season and our powder puff drivers can get some track time together.
Kim*66*
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 10:16:20 pm »

That sounds fun Shocked, We will be there! Thanks Butch! Wink Let's cook up some links or something, we would be happy to pitch in.

Kim*66*
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 10:28:18 pm »

I'm definitely game for Play Days and barbecuing.  Maybe we should have a barbecue and get laps if time permits..lol   Grin

Either way sounds like a fun way to spend a day..wait there's rhyme.  Butch put that on the front of the website when you announce when these days will be.

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday Motorama BBQ and Possible Play Day.  It's the Best Way to Spend the Day.  Drive in circles or man the pit, either way get your butts the the track, this is going to be fun!!!   

I can see it Butch...you with me here?!!

JJ
BUBBET

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 03:56:13 pm »

The driver that pig racing was referring to is Tiffany Cain.  She has driven a pure stock for two years I would call that a registered driver and Garland Murqhy's daughter has more laps on a track than some drives because she has take the driving class at HRP several times.  What about the fact that Johnny Holdon drove a purestock in the race Saturday night and he is a limited driver.  That is not allowed anywhere not even big races.  Look at the rules for the Texas Grand and any other big race and look at all the track rules.  Gary Watson never allowed it either.
haulsas

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 04:42:29 pm »

I don't think the rule book states that you can't run in another class if you run in Pure Stock, it use to state if you raced 3 times in the same season in any class other than Pure Stock, you couldn't drop down to Pure Stock, I think that is correctly put.....However, I think that has been changed in the rule book. I do know that Tiffany Cain is registered as an Outlaw driver and was one of the top 5 in points for the season in Pure Stock for 06. Which may lend some light to the Outlaw Stock car that was ran in the Powder Puff...You know the one that had Qucik Steer and 10 inch tires on it, which from an 8 inch tire to a 10 tire= practically another tire on the ground...Vrooom,,Vrooom,,,,alll that really doesnt matter,,,its supposed to be about having fun,,,but if you pay attention, you sure can notice alot of stuff,,, 
Kim*66*
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 04:56:21 pm »

SO, WHO WAS ON THE TRACK THAT WAS NOT A RACER BESIDES MYSELF? Lips sealed  IF THATS A WAY FOR THEM TO WIN A TROPHY?!?! I JUST WANTED TO RUN THE CAR AND HAVE A CHANCE AT WINNING. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PLAY DAY'S! Wink
racng4hr

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 05:04:55 pm »

YALL SURE DO KNOW ALOT ABOUT ME... I RAN IN THE POWDER PUFF BECAUSE I HAVE NOT BEEN ON THE TRACK BUT ONCE THIS YEAR AT MOTORAMA JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW.... AND NO THAT IS NOT A WAY TO WIN A TROPHY I HAVE PLENTY OF THEM....
haulsas

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 05:13:54 pm »

The info is posted every fri/sat nite, all you have to do is read it.
Kim*66*
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 05:37:15 pm »

Well add that one to your many trophy's, does it say Powder Puff? lol
racng4hr

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 10:18:45 pm »

JUST TO LET U KNOW I DID NOT WIN THE POWDER PUFF RACE!!!!!
racer25tx

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 11:23:26 pm »

awww, can't we all just get along??? Don't be mad 'cause grandma strapped it on you all. You could've won if you had stepped on the gas. She started in the back...and stepped on the gas...and made the pass!!! LOL

The powder puff was intended to be a way to have fun. Win or lose, I'll bet you had fun anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: