Golden Triangle Speedway
July 23, 2014, 04:58:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: powder puff  (Read 14197 times)
cindyfose1948

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 11:46:29 pm »

If you'll look at the lists in points, there a couple racers that race in more than one class.  In fact third in the pure stock points also runs a limited car.  Go figure.
Thank Butch for a great racing season.
racer25tx

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 11:55:13 pm »

What about the fact that Johnny Holdon drove a purestock in the race Saturday night and he is a limited driver.  That is not allowed anywhere not even big races.  Look at the rules for the Texas Grand and any other big race and look at all the track rules.  Gary Watson never allowed it either.

Surely you can't be serious. Let's look at the pure stock points for 2007 and pull a few names from this list...

KEVIN KELLEY Former Outlaw Stock Champion, and now a pure stock champ...Congrats

BRITT SEAMAN Outlaw stock driver, Limited Modified driver

MOOSE SMALL  Has driven street stock for years, and pure stock, and I saw him drive a limited not too long ago

ROGER KETTL Has driven almost every class up to and including Street stock and has been driving for many, many years

KEITH LEE JR. Has driven TOBA, Outlaw stock, and others as well, Several years experience.

LYNN HARDY JR. The winner of the race in question,(Congrats) One of those "ringers" at 105.

PAUL VANDERPOOL Been around forever and won a lot!!!

NATHAN RENFRO Outlaw stock driver

KASEY GARVIN Outlaw stock driver

and there are others on the list that I'm sure have a lot of experience, (I don't know a lot of the out of town drivers but, I've heard thier names and I'm sure they have more than a little experience)

All of these drivers have tons of experience, and are good drivers. Yet, you made no reference to any of them. Why you single out Mr. Holden?

Look at 105's website. www.105speedway.net RINGER RULE IS LIFTED IN PURE STOCK

« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 12:04:34 am by racer25tx » Logged
aubrey cain

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 06:42:05 am »

Just for a little more information on Tiffany Cain. The car she raced the one time in at Motorama this year in the outlaw stock class was a legal pure stock car. It had 8 inch tires and wheels and no quick steer. Last Saturday night was the first time she has driven a car with quick steer. From what I understand there would have only been 2 cars racing if Joy and Tiffany hadnt raced. I'm thinking of converting my outlaw stock back to pure stock for next year. I wonder how many complaints that will cause.  Race and have fun everybody!
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 04:14:41 pm »

Why is this even a discussion?  The Powder Puff is supposed to be for fun, just like all the other racing.  WE, as the racers, are the ones that take it all seriously and dump ridiculous amounts of money into them for "fun" and "entertainment."  Now, my opinion, I don't think that someone should be able to put a driver in any car for a big race only.  There should be a requirement of a driver having to had run four races to be allowed to do it.  Let's face it, the higher up in classes any of us get, the experience level gets greater, we learn to feel different things on the car, and therefore are better when returning to something that reacts slower. 

On the other hand, if someone moves up classes and decides that they don't want to spend that kind of money and returns to a lower class, that is understandable for sure.  But they shouldn't be allowed to run an 'entry level' class and higher up at the same race, such as pure stock and outlaw stock, pure stock and limited, etc.  There is something similar that goes on in drag racing with the Super Street class.  You cannot count races or transfer races from that class to any other and vice-versa.  That is not penalizing anyone, but making sure that the class stays entry level, or a lower-end where someone cannot come in and dominate from a higher class.  Let me clarify that I am not saying anything about anyone because I don't personally know Johnny or anyone else that was said to have done this for the $1000 to win pure stock race.  In fact, if I were them I probably would have raced it too, seeing as this is not a rule, to my knowledge.  However, this goes back to this being fun and as far as the experience part, when you race with better racers, you tend to step up and get better.  Better competition brings better results. 

If you look at our area, there are many great drivers.  When any of them travel they tend to finish high and that speaks volumes for the talent in this area.  However, just as they all were able to get their feet wet, so should the newbies have the same opportunity with people of a similar driving ability.  Now if you are dumb like myself, you throw yourself in the modifieds and try to get your stuff together a quickly as possible. I not going to say I recommend that, but everyone to their own...

As far as the Powder Puff, congrats to Joy!  That is awesome.  She definitely doesn't race every weekend, but she has seen hundreds of thousands of laps made and apparently took some notes! 

This is just my opinion on this, what do you guys think?

JJ

mikec

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 04:41:09 pm »

well said Jonathan
BUBBET

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 04:43:02 pm »

There was more drivers registered for the powder puff but didn't run it because when you have someone that is out there to have fun that has not run much just powder puffs they don't feel safe on the track with registered drivers, if they wanted to run with registered drivers they would build a car and run every Saturday.  That is the point of a powder puff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Every track except for Motorama rules say that if you drive a pure stock car if you drive any other class 3 times you must move up.  Once you go up you have to sit out a year and some say 2 years before you can go back down.  But at no time can you drive both classes at the same time.  It is not fair to the drivers that go out every week and run in this class and a big race comes along and a limited driver comes in and takes their chance away.  I know there are others that have done it and I questioned that too.  Tracks have rules for a reason.  It is a hobby but that doesn't give everybody the right to break the rules.  Tiffany is a registered driver - powder puff is for the fun of watching women that don't drive get out there and have fun,  breaking the rules just take the fun out of it.  I hope if the track sales the new owner clarifies the rules and follow them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DRTRK23

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2007, 08:18:17 pm »

I have read all these comments and wonder ........ I have been around racing for awhile and have seen MANY powder puff races. I don't ever remember seeing any of the women get out of the car and say they had a bad time. I've seen some guys sorry they let them go but thats another story. Point is, if the race was for fun, who cares if it was a registered driver or not ? I mean is this still coming down to not winning ? I have asked to put women in several of my cars and I promise you, I was thinking " go race, have a good time, and OH if it's not to hard bring it back rolling please" I never for once said hey, GO WIN AND BRING ME THE TROPHY !! Jesus people, enjoy the moment and if you want to be so competetive, get a full time ride going for  that special somebody ..... oh and if your going to complain, make sure there isn't and registered drivers in the next mechanic's race cause GOLLY, thats just wrong too .... STAY STRONG BUTCH !!!!
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2007, 08:33:58 pm »

Remember the Oldies songs...of course they were way before my time, but I listen to them..  Little 409, Fun Fun Fun, American Graffiti?  It was all about fun.  I know when I go race I am there to have fun.  It's entertainment.  Sure, I'm probably one of the most serious people out there when it comes to being competitive.  I love to have nice stuff and I "waste" a lot of money to do that.  It's not always going to go my way, but bottom line is I have a good time.  I'm not there to get mad and get in a fight, and can't stand those that are, but again, every one to their own.  I can tell you there has only been one time that I left mad.  I wasn't mad at anyone but myself because I caused my problem that night.  Joy had fun and I am sure Tiffany Cain did too, as well as the others that raced.  I hope that the next one the other gals will get out there and have fun and/or maybe practice at the Play Days where maybe they won't be so hesitant. 

Powder Puff, Mechanics Race, USMTS, Sprint Car, bicycle, whatever, let's all just have some fun!

"We're gonna have fun fun fun 'til Butch takes the Race Track  awaaayyyy..."

JJ
haulsas

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2007, 01:14:48 pm »

I read one of the replies that said, if I felt that strongly about her racing then build her a car. Ya know, thats a great idea. What I should have done was built a pure stock car let her race it for at least 1 full season, get top 5 in points, move up to a higher class, give her about 7 professional driving school classes, build an outlaw car and then she should be ready for the NON-experienced, never raced before, Powder Puff at MOTORAMA.....After reading back over my reply, I now see the light, whoever gave me that advice,,,thank you,,,, it was right in front of me,,, I just didn't see it,,,, if you can't beat'em, then join'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              "When in Rome, Do as the Romans"
pracing
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2007, 03:32:11 pm »

I am not sure about the whole powder puff deal. i dont drive but one time drove a mechanics race got my butt kicked by real drivers but had a great time any way, like some one said it is for fun!!!!!! we race a pure stock every week it gets torn up i get mad and say we are going to park it. but next week comes along and we go do it again. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE A LIVING RUNNING PURE STOCKS. so with that said lets just race and have fun.
haulsas

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2007, 04:59:00 pm »

Why cant you make a living racing a Pure Stock? Let's add it up..
                                     1. Fuel for car 20-25.00
                                     2. Pit pass for self wife kids 100.00
                                     3. Some food 10-15.00
                                     4. Get'n the living hell tore out of your car just trying to go in a circle
                                                 Priceless
                Also, click on peoples list of post and see what they have complained about,,thats funny 2.....
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2007, 07:15:54 pm »

It's interesting that pracing and haulsas said what they did.  I don't think any of us can make a living doing this.  So with that said, we might as well all have a good time!   Grin

Have a great off-season guys and gals!

JJ
aubrey cain

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 05:22:37 pm »

Hey haulsas, If your refering to Tiffany Cain having 7 professional driving classes, your wrong! She has never had any driving lessons at all. She also just turned 18 October 29, 2007. Also, as I have stated before the car she drove ONE time in the outlaw stock class was a LEGAL PURE STOCK CAR WITHOUT QUICK STEER. The powder puff race was the first time she has driven a car with quick steer. It's funny that this powder puff race has created more comments then any race this past year. hehehehehehehehehehehe
haulsas

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 05:54:37 pm »

HEY AUBREY CAIN-------------------------
          I wasn't referring to TIFFANY CAIN about the driving classes, I was however referring to the OUTLAW STOCK car that was in the PURE STOCK ONLY POWDER PUFF. You did notice it didnt you, it was BLUE with a BIG CRANK KEY on the back, you know SHANNON'S car. I dont care if her car was a legal PURE STOCK or not when it ran its ONE AND ONLY TIME in 07 OUTLAW CLASS. I think this thread say's Powder Puff, not 07 Outlaw Season
haulsas

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 06:06:10 pm »

Oh YEAh AUBREY,
As far as this being the most popular post, well, that's probably because this is the last thing we have to complain about till next season, and we are trying to make it last,,you know the off season is real boring so lets just make the most of the Powder Puff Race while we can,,,,,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: