Golden Triangle Speedway
November 01, 2014, 09:32:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: powder puff  (Read 15395 times)
haulsas

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 06:10:25 pm »

I guess her car being a Legal Pure Stock in Outlaw was how it was able to be dropped back to Pure Stock from Outlaw and brought in as the 529 car.
Brian88

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 06:51:30 pm »

This is getting rediculous!! Look it was just a powder puff race!! Who cares!! This is just a chance for the ladies to get out there and make a few laps reguardless of who it is. SHEESSHH get over it!! If your that competetive like someone said earlier build her a car to run every week. Then you can complain about the Limited drivers running pure stocks or whatever else you feel like complaining about.

IT WAS JUST A POWDER PUFF!!!! It doesn't MATTER!!
haulsas

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2007, 07:16:14 pm »

Your absolutely correct, it's just a Powder Puff race,,who cares, I didn't and neither did she. But the only point that we wanted to make is there are rules and guide lines for things to be done with in. There is a reason for that, and disregaurd of that shouldn't be allowed. That is the only point that needs to be made. It doesn't matter if it's a Powder PUff or what, play by the rules. I don't care about who ran in Pure Stock. I think if you have a car and want to race it, then bring it out there and lets race. It doesn't matter what you have raced before. But, when a race says for non-experienced drivers thats what it means. Race a UMP, jump out the window and into a Bomber,same night, same season and all and lets race. I learned alot running behind Kevin Kelly and Britt Seamen, never out ran either one of them, not one time and that was fine wtih me. I learned from following them and watching them, and now I have some experience to bring out next year. The whole point of this was to give examples of where rules weren't applied, they were stated, and written, but not followed, and not enforced. I know you don't just say something wasn't right, You state "WHY it wasn't right" that was where the examples of rule infringements came in earlier in this post. If the rules were had been followed and enforced there would be a big hole in this forum where this thread is now. It's also something good for visitors to the track to read when they are panning a visit to the track.
Kim*66*
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2007, 07:21:38 pm »

Brian88 and others, I think that you are missing the point of some of the post! If I wanted to race every Fri. night with racers I would, but that is not what it suppose to be. Just because something doesn't seem important to you doesn't mean it isn't for others. People, including myself, posted how they felt about a race that was suppose to be for fun and was fun. You can agree or not agree, it doesn't change the facts. I was the one that ran with them and would do it again today, right now, Just tell me before I get on the track that that is who I will be up against, but don't tell me one thing and do another. We have had a ball with every one we have meet this year and recieved a lot of help. I think every one has got on here before and voiced there opinion about something, doesn't mean you have to agree or even read. I do notice alot of people that read but only take some of what is said and respond Undecided. I think everyone did a great job and had fun this year, can't wait for next year.
haulsas

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2007, 07:25:27 pm »

And then the soups were served and they all lived happily ever after.........the end...........
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2007, 08:33:45 pm »

What about desert?  I'd like a slice of key lime pie...with some whipped up race track that we can go play at as the plate.  Can I interest anyone else?

JJ
Kim*66*
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2007, 08:41:26 pm »

LOL........  Cheesy
butch1965

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2007, 12:08:08 am »

IF ANYONE IS STILL MAD ABOUT THE POWDER PUFF RACE AFTER THEY READ THIS, THEN YOU SHOULD ONLY BE MAD AT ME. THERE WAS NO ROUGH DRIVING AND NO CONTACT THAT I SAW SO NOBODY SHOULD BE MAD AT ANY OF THE DRIVERS, ONLY ME FOR STATING THE RULES. THE ONLY RULES I POSTED FOR THIS POWDER PUFF RACE WAS, The Powder Puff Race on Nov 3 will be Pure Stocks and be run last race. Go back and read my post, anything other than that was from someone else and not me.

There were 4 cars in this race, do any of these 4 drivers have a complaint? Would there have been 1 or 2 cars in this race if the rules would have stated no experienced drivers? If there was a Outlaw Stock car in this race, did it win?

As for as a non experienced driver having fun racing with a experienced driver let me share this with ya'll. After the races that same night I climbed in (I don't know if climbed in is the right way to put it for a 60 year old man) Paul Baker's #12 Late Model Stock and he got in his brothers #18 and we raced, Paul says maybe 30 laps or more. I have never been in a dirt track race or gone around a track beside another car before. Paul beat me so bad that he had to wait for me, several times, to catch up so we could race some more. Paul got blamed by his wife for running me into the wall coming out of turn 2, don't tell Paul but that was all my fault, quick steer works too good for me sometimes and the car I was driving did not have traction control. To me it was a blast, more fun than I have had in a long time and the good part about it was I only had to be more concerned about my driving ability and not his. That experience makes me wonder if I would rather race with experienced racers or non experienced racers. I have heard that experienced racers would rather NOT race with non experienced racers. I hope that I am spelling experienced correct because of using it so many times. 

If your still mad, blame me for posting the rules but also blame yourself for using the rules that someone else was suggesting.

Go to the points section and look at the registered drivers in Pure Stock and write down the total number of drivers, look at all the names and count the number of drivers that have raced more than 3 times this year in another class, also note that one of these drivers raced only one time in Pure Stock early in the season another raced most of the season in Pure Stock only before he moved up. Now come back on this forum and give us the two totals. You can also do this for the top 10 and top 20, those would be interesting also.

I can not remember any Pure Stock DRIVER this year complaining about racing with experienced drivers. I only remember a few complaints about allowing cars from HRP with disc brakes for the bigger races.

You need to remember something about bigger money races, without large car counts the track owner loses money, then no more big races.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:36:51 am by butch1965 » Logged
butch1965

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2007, 01:10:05 am »

Here's another thought, I have heard a lot of complaints about non experienced drivers in upper end classes from experienced drivers. They complain that drivers that move into these classes without enough experience tear up their equipment.

If we restrict drivers in Pure Stock should we also restrict drivers with little experience from moving into faster classes?

Should we only allow drivers to move into upper classes after completing a certain amount of experience in a series of steps up in classes. Pure Stock 1st, Hobby Stock 2nd, Street Stock or Limited 3rd, Then a move into Modified, Late Model, or Sprints only after being approved by a review board of experienced drivers.

Before we complain or make decisions we need to gether and consider all information available.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:16:53 am by butch1965 » Logged
butch1965

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2007, 01:57:42 am »

Here's another thought to talk about on this forum over the off season. On the day after race night the track should be in a race condition with minimum work, no race track light expense, use volunteer workers only for spotters, flagman, lap counters, wrecker drivers, etc..  Have races for true beginners for trophies only and have test and tune for drivers not racing. Because of race insurance cost, entry fees could be $40 to $50 for car and drivers and $5 for crew members depending on number of cars that show up. Ask any driver how valuable test and tune sessions are to be able to test on track then make ajustments test again, make more adjustments and test. How many races would you have to attend to learn different setups on new equipment or new cars? My guess is that there would need to be about 30 cars or more for this to work.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 06:10:01 am by butch1965 » Logged
jb18

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2007, 09:40:44 pm »

careful butch, you know the old saying, no good deed goes unpunished.

and please clarify neither car had traction control.  i dont think even that would help me. thanks for all the hard work and long hours you put in out there durin the week when no one else was around to see you dancin with water mocasins around your leg.
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2007, 01:15:50 am »

I don't think that the rules should or can state that a driver must start in a certain class.  It is up to the individual how  much money they want to spend.  And for that matter there are plenty of "experienced" drivers that do a great job of tearing up theirs and others equipment when "beginners" are simply trying to make laps...

I love the idea about races the day after.  There is nothing better than seat time and when better than the day after making plenty of laps.  Plus you wouldn't even really need to go to the car wash. 

Hey Butch, can we test any in the upcoming weeks.  My new car is just about finished and I would love to make some laps.  Anyone else interested?  I don't mind trying to help prep the track the morning before if need be.

JJ
butch1965

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2007, 05:49:43 am »

PLAY DAY anytime, just tell me when and we will do it. All we need is a little track work, a little water, volunteers in the infield with fire extingishers, 2 volunteers to control cars on track, everyone entering to sign waivers. Expenses will be fuel for Grader, water truck, and test & tune race insurance, no electricity if during the day, add $200 if at night for 4 hours.  During the day $15 for car & driver and $2 for everyone else in Pit may cover expenses. My expenses can be covered by some extra food on somebody's Grill.
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2007, 02:44:26 pm »

....I have an Old Smokey in the trailer and will stop by the store on the way in.  Just let me know your meat(s) of choice.  I'll catch up with you in the next day or so on this.  Thanks Butch!

JJ
haulsas

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2007, 02:50:24 pm »

Another thing to do might be to cook some stuff the night before, like Red Beans and rice. That way someone won't be married to a grill all day....Is there a barbque pit at the track by the shop?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: