Golden Triangle Speedway
November 26, 2014, 06:17:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rules  (Read 5529 times)
redmod

« on: November 11, 2007, 03:53:42 am »

Hey Butch, Is there going to be any rule changes in the outlaws and mod stocks for 08?
st.stock38

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 02:07:38 am »

pull offs ! no mini clutches
mikec

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 02:01:38 pm »

The rules are just fine the way they are
haulsas

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 02:57:09 pm »

In the interest of building an Outlaw car, what is a pull off,,what do you mean by that? I read the rules several times when I started preping the car, but I didnt see anything relating to Pull offs not being allowed,,thanks
mikec

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 04:06:05 pm »

asfalt pull offs for tires
haulsas

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 04:25:57 pm »

I figured that was what it was but wan't sure,,,,thanks,,,,,
7s bomber

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 05:53:20 pm »

I was waiting on some sort of rules meeting. I have heard discussion of the outlawstock class adopting the same rules as clevelands hobbystock class. I for one think this is a good idea, the creation of an equal playing field. I also believe that going to the cleveland streetstock rules rather than the modstock rules as is would raise car count. Not to mention, the asphalt pull off rule would help lower the cost of tires currently in use today.

The hobbystock rules of cleveland also adopted the pulloff rule as an option.

Just waiting on weather or not a meeting will be in the near future. I am building a new car. NEED TO KNOW something ASAP.   

Tech is a must for next season!   Thanks for listening and keep up the good work Butch.

S Bomber/Outlawstock/Modstock/Purestock, whatever...lets race!
7 ministock

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 02:52:16 am »

i agree... if we have the same rules as everyone else more cars would come
mikec

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 01:36:12 pm »

I am not apposed to rule change but Think about this change the rule for them and most people want travle around what about run like the modstock and streetstock pick ether rule package and run it and not mixing rules one or the other
redmod

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 04:02:45 am »

Any idea when the 08 rules will come out,we need time to to get our cars ready not at the last minute. thanks
butch1965

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 04:37:14 pm »

The Track is in the process of being sold. Classes and rules will be up to the new owner.
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 06:44:13 pm »

Like Butch said, the track is in the PROCESS of being sold.  It is NOT a done deal yet, but everyone is working hard to get things in line for the 2008 season.  We all want things now, but this is one of those things that we may have to wait just a bit to get all the information.

I understand there will be meetings shortly after the first of the year.  Guys, let me know if you disagree but with the holidays people have Christmas parties, gifts to buy, etc.  Race Cars are usually not a priority.  Would meetings right after the first be ok?

Topics I feel need to be considered?

1. Outlaw Stocks / Mod Stocks to match Cleveland and Gator's rules in order to allow for better car count here and allow local racers to race other tracks on Saturday with minimal to no changes.

2. Pure Stock entry level ruling and "change out of class" rule

3. Code of Conduct - More to come.  When this does come out, treat it like a bible and take it as gospel.  There will be no varying from this, period.

4. Drivers Comission - basically this would be one or two driver's from each class that would be a rep for the class / track, etc.  There would be some benefit to this (no special privelges on the track..so throw that theory out...) along with some responsibility.
Responsibilities to include:
  a.  being a mediator and middle man between the class  nd the track personnel.
  b.  If an out of town driver comes in, this person is responsible for introducing themselves, making the    GUEST feel welcome and asking if they can help them understand any procedures, etc.
  c.  This position may be appointed for the first year, but following will be voted on by each class.

Guys, if you want a meeting before then, please let us know.  Also, if you are looking for work to do on your car, the rules are not going to vary on chassis per say.  Just don't buy a part you think may not be legal.  WE WILL HAVE RULES, THEY WILL BE FOLLOWED, RANDOM TECHING WILL OCCUR.  IF YOU ARE NOT LEGAL GET LEGAL.  RULES ARE RULES.  IT'S LIKE KINDERGRDEN GUYS, IF YOU CAN'T PLAY BY THE RULES, YOU CAN'T PLAY.

JJ

redmod

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 12:33:13 am »

JJ        I agree with meetings after the holidays, as for the rep for each class it would have to be someone level headed,because you know how the tempers get out of hand out there.my main concern is that in mod stock we can run jack bolts and i dont think we can at Gator,i am building a new car i dont know what class yet.    Why dont you be the rep for all the classes? Hope there is a random tech this year it would keep all of us kindergardeners in line Cheesy
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 12:59:42 am »

I have way too many things to take care of before I even think about being a rep for one class, much less all of them. 

BTW, you said you are building a new car, but don't know which class yet?  Can I ask why?  Are there things that you like/dislike about any of the classes?  Inquiring minds want to know.

And for the record, I would like the think we are all much older than kindergardener, so the tech shouldn't be an issue right?

JJ
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 01:44:54 am by Jonathan Johnson » Logged
redmod

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 01:42:42 am »

JJ Yea most of us are older than that.Well as for not knwing what class here goes,i like the mod [street ] stock but we are off alot,when we are off to go to another track there is a tire,suspension,issue etc.in the outlaws i think beaumont is the only track that allows 10" wheels,i think our cam rules are different,i have the cage almost done in my car right now the suspension is set for mod stock,motor is built the same way just waiting to see what happens. And i do agree there should be alot more comments on here about what people think and what changes they would like to see done to make this track one of the best in this area. thanks for the interest.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: