Golden Triangle Speedway
July 31, 2014, 01:28:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IDEAS  (Read 13575 times)
Jonathan Johnson

« on: December 11, 2007, 01:16:36 am »

Ok, I'm going to throw this out there.  Since everyone always loves to complain when they don't like something....what are things you all want to see at the race track next year?  This could be facility wise, class wise, special shows, etc.  I just don't see how the rules thread has nearly 800 views and 13 responses.  Anyone have any input?

JJ...am I the only one that wants to see racing in our area get bigger and better? 
KDCRacer

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 03:47:52 am »

Judging by how much input you have had so far on new track options, it seems as if maybe you or your family has bought the track, Jonathan? Whether that is the case or not, you seem to be on the right track as for gaining more participation from drivers. Good luck in getting the changes through. When we get enough car count in the Thunder Mods at Cleveland, I'm gonna come talk to you or whoever has the track about running on Fridays every now and then.

Brian88

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 04:07:38 am »

I hope we can keep the USMTS show dates and also hopefully get the SUPR Late Models back.
31 RACER

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 02:02:35 pm »

We were in the USMTS show in Baytown a couple of weeks ago and there were (I think) 68 Modifieds and 62 Limiteds and the races were finished by around 11:00.
Donít get me wrong you were moving the whole night but to run that many (14) heats, (6) B mains and (2) A mains and be loaded and gone a little after 11:00 or so thatís not bad.
We are racing to have fun but to get home at 1:30-2:00 in the morning on a regular night of racing that just does not add up.
Run the heats and B main when necessary take short intermission so the officials can take a bathroom break or what ever and start the features.
Tyler went to Baytown this past summer and we are talking a 55 minute ride 1 way and was back home 11:30 to 12:00 and we never made home from a Beaumont race before then.

A speeder night will be great.
Safety checks on a cars first night of racing
While having the drivers meeting have someone from the meeting draw at least 2 classes for tech that night or do something like a wheel of fortune, spin the wheel what ever class it lands on, they go to tech( suspenseful isnít it)
Kim*66*
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 02:28:19 pm »

Ok, I'm going to throw this out there.  Since everyone always loves to complain when they don't like something....what are things you all want to see at the race track next year?  This could be facility wise, class wise, special shows, etc.  I just don't see how the rules thread has nearly 800 views and 13 responses.  Anyone have any input?

JJ...am I the only one that wants to see racing in our area get bigger and better? 

(FACILITY WISE) I would love to see better bathrooms in the pits........... Shocked That would make alot of woman happy......lol  Wink
Shannon Craft

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 03:53:39 am »

Shorter Drivers meetings... Start on time......and TECH TECH TECH... keep everybody on an equal playing field...Keep things consistant.... as much as possible.. A souviner booth......

Can't wait for racing season!!:}
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 05:15:56 am »

ok Shannon brought up a good point.  Souvenir booth...

There are some driver's that have t-shirts and those can be sold in the souvenir booths.  Would any driver's be interested in having someone make stickers of their car numbers to be sold in the booth?

For example lets say Bobby has John-O, Watson's or any other sign shop do twenty stickers (one color) that match the font of the 45 on his limited.  And once they sell out, he would get a cut.  If the sticker cost $2.00 each and they were sold for $5 ea.  The souvenir stand get $2 (for electricity and having someone there) and the driver would get $1?  Just an idea...  $20 bucks isn't much but it's more than what you had for nearly no work involved.  The key to this is the driver would have to get his or hers made and brought to the souvenir stand.  We could mark in the number of stickers and as they are sold, keep a tally...Other items could include track t-shirts, trinkets, etc.  What do you guys think?

This was actually an idea brought to me by another driver and we elaborated on it. 

Kim mentioned the restroom remodel and I think that is something that would make everyone happy.

Gary King brought up a good point that Shannon reinforced.  The TECH situation.  What are your thoughts on random teching.  At the driver's meetings (which I agree need to be kept short and sweet) we spin a wheel that has all classes on it.  Whatever class the ticker lands on is one class we will completely tech.  This will be done a second time.  Those two classes will the teched to the t after their races.  All other classes will be weighed as normal and at minimal check fuel if the class had a fuel ruling.  This would basically take out any doubts of cheating because you never know when you would get teched.  The beauty is limiteds or pure stock may be tech'd four weeks in a row, or may not be teched for a month.  But no-one, not even the officials will know until the night of. 

With that said, of course protests will still be available.  This is a very strong possibilityof this happening.  I don't want to say definite as of yet, but it is pretty high on the list.

Guys we need feed back.  We are not going to go with everything that is brought up, but we want to know what ya'lls thoughts and feelings are.  Thanks for the help.

JJ
Brian88

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 06:16:17 am »

Looks like yall are heading in the right direction here!!  Grin Grin The souvenir booth is a GREAT idea!! Especially with Motorama Speedway souvenirs. Any way to get the word out on the track. It is UNBELIEVABLE how many people I run into that still thinks this track is closed.
 How about a playground area for the kids with maybe a few responsible teenagers that may be interested in watching some kids for the evening. Kinda like a day care so that their parents can either enjoy watching the races or help their significant other work on the car.  Grin  Pay the teenagers for their time instead of paying for a pit pass or gate pass.
HS89

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 05:40:51 pm »

I have a suggestion regarding tech. I raced at Edna a few times and the way tech is different. The top 3 are not the ones necessarily getting teched. Its random. Everyone drives by tech and the ones they want to check get waved in with a flashlight. This way there is not lagging back so they can finish 4th and not have to go to tech. Just an idea.

2007 Outlaw Stock Points Champion
oilhauler

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 01:57:44 am »

check out 105's purse payout. It is not top heavy and drops off less than most tracks

just for fun
redmod

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 03:35:19 am »

I think the tech wheel  and the payout not being top heavy are good ideas,but on the subject of tech how about a suitable tech barn? i understand its alot of work but if you give a little bit of notice you would get some volunteers.
mikec

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 01:14:02 pm »

No offince but we already race dirt cheap payout has not changed in about 10 years but everything has went up .we drive from alvin it is 98 miles and 2 hour drive
Brian88

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 09:30:12 pm »

I think the payout is good where it is. Should make you want to try HARDER to finish better. That is the incentive to WIN!!
Jim

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 01:25:34 am »

I'll have to agree with Kim*66* 100%. The restrooms are worst than some of the porta-cans on construction sites.

131271/131641761.jpg
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 03:41:57 am »

mikec,

While I can't say that the general payout will increase at all, but I can tell you that if a class consistently has a large car count (like at least 18-24 cars) I think you will see an increase.  I can say that if any class starts 24 cars on any given weekend we will up the pay for not only winners, but all the way back.  I think that is fair for everyone...agreed?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: