Golden Triangle Speedway
October 23, 2014, 02:52:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IDEAS  (Read 14372 times)
KDCRacer

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 03:50:45 am »

I guess it is safe to say that you are the new owners?

Brian88

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 04:48:26 am »

He (Jonathan Johnson) is not the New owner but His dad, Glen Johnson, is in the process of purchasing the race track. I think he is just trying to help his dad out a little and get everyones input on making Motorama Speedway a facility that everyone can be proud to call their HOME track.
KDCRacer

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 05:03:03 am »

You definitely seem to be on the right path. As I posted earlier, good luck with everything and we will be seeing you next year.

DRTRK23

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 03:46:13 pm »

What about a bonus payout occasionally for a car finishing in top 5 that drove over say 75 miles to get to the track. Might draw some cars from farther away if they know the effort is being acknowleged. I can also say "especially in the Mods" if the rough driving isn't addressed, your not going to get the cars ... I know several that came over this year and got torn up by a certain local and nothing was ever done so they don't want to go back. Atleast make an effort to seem nuetral, I know a track needs its "track favorites" but you need the others to have a race.

As far as attendence goes, your going to HAVE to get the people envolved .... have hot dog races, or racing in opposite direction and have 3 or 4 fans select a driver, if he wins give em a coke or hotdog or something. Get with the local fire department and police and have a few purestocks donate the cars for a night for a challenge race. This will be able to be promoted locally and people WILL come to see a fireman kick the S*@t out of a cop on the track.

Don't penalize a driver for being fast by making him start in the back but instead do like battleground did with the big Die being rolled in front of the crowd for invert. The crowd is envolved, it is random, and its obvious no favoritism.

email me, I got tons of ideas ......

Chris
racer25tx

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2007, 06:19:04 pm »

I also like the idea of rolling the dice for the invert. Battleground showed that it worked well. And there was no doubt about any favoritism on the lineup.

I also like how some tracks have their scales set up with a large digital display so that the weight is shown for all the world to see. This leaves no doubt as to the rules compliance.

Now, while I believe that the cars should be weighed, the tech shouldn't stop there. That's just the beginning. There needs to be more teching done. I really liked the way that the TOBA did their tech.  They checked several things each race and they had a pre-tech. And they ran good races, and had lots of cars.

I also believe that whatever the posted purse is, that is what you pay. Regardless of car count. Cutting the pay will NEVER, EVER increase the car count. The drivers that show up should not be penalized for showing up. If you pay the purse no matter what, the cars will come.

I also believe that there are too many classes. Not trying to cut anybody out, but really having more than 4 classes run per night is too many. It takes too long to complete the race night. Rotate the classes or combine some of the full bodied classes. or drop some of the  classes that consistantly have low car counts. don't try to spread it too thin.

These are just what the heading to this topic suggests...Ideas. Everyone may not agree with them, but they're food for thought.
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2007, 08:08:28 pm »

Racer25tx

Thanks for the input.  That seems to be the common denominator if what people are wanting. 

Whatever purse we post will be paid.  I think Butch did a good job of that as well.  I know other tracks may not do this.  Again, I have also said that if a class starts 24 cars any weekend they will get a bonus on top of the posted purse.  Once we know exactly what it will be we will post.  But a bonus is always nice right.  Whatever it is it will go all the way through the field.

Another idea we are kicking around is a family pack for the general admission side.  Like family of four for $25 bucks. 
Thoughts on this?  That should make it a little more reasonable for people to come to the races.

JJ
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2007, 08:33:30 pm »

Sorry DIRTTRK23, I didn't address some of you concerns:

I can't say I disagree with your thought on the driving farther.  However, the issue you run in with that is politics.  That becomes unfair for the locals who are always there and drive 20 miles, and well you seem the can of worms that it opens.

As far as the rough driving, it will be stopped.  There will be a Code Of Conduct that will be followed.  I think I know the certain someone you are speaking of and I hope that issue has been solved.  I spend a great deal of time on my personal stuff to keep it looking nice and it burns me up when someone hits you for no reason.  Now I have tightened up and gotten in the side of someone just like the next guy, but I never do it on purpose, and I usually get grief from others when I apologize. However, I am not out there for my pride.  That is small minded, especially the attitude of well they have money they can fix it.  While I'm on that let me remind everyone that every racer does all they can with the money they have.  I don't think the guys that have an extra 25 bucks isn't going to spend it to get nice stuff...so that comment is complete BS to me.

Now back to the topic....

I also have to say the rolling of the dice is a good idea.  I know I am going to race Beaumont, as I have sponsor commitments to up-hold and can say that I will be scrutinized no matter what I do 'cause my dad will have the track.  I know this, but hope everyone realizes the racing program is mine, the track is my dad's and the two are separate.  I've been a racer for a long time, and I am just trying to aid my dad in making the track the best it can be for the racer and the fan alike.

Thanks for the input.  I hope that my responses are welcomed and people realize the goal we are trying to attain.

JJ
jhhuff2003
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2007, 11:07:29 pm »

These are all some great ideas.Getting the fans involved is very important.And getting them to the track has to come first.I know advertising is exspensive,but maybe you could have some flyers printed up and whoever wanted to could pass them out and maybe post them up at thier job or wherever.I think some car shows would help get Motrama's name out there,like at a parts house,maybe Watson's,Hooter's or at some of the driver's sponsors business.Maybe have a car from each class or just whoever could show up.I also agree we all need to help as much as we can.Just my thoughts.
biskit16

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2007, 01:29:10 am »

another idea to get spectators is you could maybe do a spectator race they used to do that about 10 years ago and it was pretty popular charge 1 or 2 dollars a raffle ticket and pick 4 each night to race the next week
redroosterracing

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2007, 03:28:39 am »

jonathan,  i would like to donate a child's bike to be given away once a month. maybe through the child's ticket numbers or something.  also ,just more advertisement for the track,which i think alot of the drivers could help get.  what about selling billboard space at the track to local businesses or sponsors, say a 4x8 billboards in the curves.

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2007, 03:49:45 am »

Redrooster

I agree with the selling of billboards.  Many of you were around when Larry Spring had the track.  In front of the stands was a rack that extended the entire length of the stands that was filled with 4 x 8 billboards.  We are building another similar to that.  We already have many sold and are thinking of areas and unique ways to do some other promotions.

I don't think it will happen for this season but we would like to put two large billboards coming out of turn 2 for large corporate sponsors. 

I will pass on to my father the offer of the bicycles.  I thank you for doing that.  Please phone me so I can get some information from you at your convenience.

JJ
409-658-9050
MoSr

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2007, 04:07:59 am »

The track needs to focus on reducing the cost of racing.  Make the purestocks run a smaller tire like imca, and make the limiteds run the g60. Get the racing done by 11 pm. give the lower classes  a few weeks off during the year for repairs and costs.  I never could understand how a track can ask the bombers to race every single night the track is open.
jhhuff2003
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2007, 05:00:39 pm »

A couple of other things that could be loked at is finding an alternative to " the big white tires",they tear up cars,usually are just an obstacle and can be used as a blocking tool.HRP has a discussion about this on thier site and have some pretty good ideas.One other thing is having each on track official have a chalk board to write the line up (restarts) on.This could help speed the program along and shorten the lengthy cautions.Just 2 more cents of mine.
Brian88

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2007, 06:47:01 pm »

Another alternative to a quick line up is using a RACECEIVER. It is like a little pager with ear plugs. There is a person in the tower that will tell you when to line up, and they can also tell you when there is a caution.
7s bomber

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 10:03:58 pm »

One thing you guys could look into. Motorama used to have higher banking in the corners. Alot of dirt has left this racetrack in the past 37 years. The base to the straightaway wall is visible at times due to the lack of dirt left in the track.  Maybe hauling in or moving some dirt from outside the walls back into the surface would be helpful. The black gumbo surface could even be made quicker if red clay was brought in and blended into the gumbo.

Also, the turn 1 exit from the racing surface needs to be addressed before someone winds up dead. This was built as an entrance to the track originally, and someone could easily get the end of the wall down there. Maybe a little restructuring of the wall in turn one would help keep something bad from happening.

S Bomber/Outlawstock/Modstock/Purestock, whatever...lets race!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: