Golden Triangle Speedway
December 21, 2014, 03:37:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IDEAS  (Read 14975 times)
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 06:52:41 am »

Ok guys

I know my dad really appreciates everyones responses.  The posted ones, along with the phone calls are all noted.  He is trying to get things together as quickly as possible and if not everything is able to be put in place right away, it will be over time.  I know this venture is something he is really looking forward to.  He wants to make this all very fun for everyone.  There will be moments that people may disagree or not see the big picture but if everyone works together I think the big picture will come sooner than later.  I am really looking forward to racing in Beaumont with the many great people we have met and watched this past year.

JJ
kwc871

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2007, 12:39:54 am »

i like the idea of all cars in a class going to tech. i also think that if the same cars are winning every race they need to be checked out from bumper to bumper. keep a level playing field. with the cost going up it is hard for everyone to race every weekend. maybe race some classes one week and the others the next. 2 races a month for each class may help keep the car count up in all classes. as for payout i race for fun, it is nice to get a little back or even make a little extra but i dont expect it. the cost of going to the track and racing is cheaper than a night out at the movies (if i have no damage) and i travel 80 miles one way to race at motorama. i would like for my family to come into the pits with me but $25 for each is hard to pay. maybe pit pass for wife and kids could be 1/2 price?Huh?
dthompson228

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2007, 01:39:18 am »

I like to race every week if that is to much just lay out that week as for teck that should be done more but just because you winn a lot dose not mean you are not leagle we wone the points this year if our motor was tore down and checked you wold have laughed you should spend more time on seating up your car as for raceing 2 races a month then i would rather race some other place i belive that the track is heading in the right way
dirtworks52

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2007, 11:35:43 pm »

just wondering is the deal final and if so when is all the work going to be done on the track that I been hearing, dozing the concessions and restrooms and starting from scratch.  If this is true I think it needs to be started or the season will not start untill the summer if at all.
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2007, 12:35:39 am »

As far as the deal being final, there are only two people that know if all that is finsihed, being Butch and my dad.  If it is not, it should be shortly. 

1.  For the past two weekends, my dad and a couple of his employees have been at the track de-trashifying the fence rows and areas around the track, as it needs to be visible from the highway. 

2.  They have been figuring out why there is such a drainage issue out there and are working to resolve that, therefore allowing for more work and fewer rain-outs. 

3.  The pit-side restrooms will be done before the season, as well as a face-lift and renovations to some exsiting structures.  Seeing as there is a Sprint car race scheduled for the end of Feb, not everything Dad has 'visioned' can be done before this season.

The 'clean-up' of just the grounds will take some time, not to mention the drainage issue, the water truck and pump station movement, the cleaning of brush behind turns 1 and 2, restroom cleaning, painting, and fixing, concessions cleaning, wall painting, the sponsor sign row in front of the stands, new pit-side restrooms, and any other incidentals I might have left out.   Now if Dad is not getting things done as fast as some would like, you are more than welcome to give him a call and I'm sure he could put you on some things...

He does run two other businesses and it is the holidays, however he was out there for 6 hours on Christmas Day, for no other reason than he is enjoying this venture and looking forward to ways to only make it better for the racers and the community.

I did not say that the new concession stand on the pit-side would be up this year, however, I did say that it was in the plans for the future.  I have posted dad's phone number on here several times, so rather than making a post about how you don't think the progress is fast enough for when the season should start, call him and tell him over the phone.  I'm sure he would appreciate any thought or ideas you may have to offer.   

Thanks, and have a Happy New Year,

JJ
redroosterracing

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2007, 01:23:42 am »

I know it has to take quite awhile to get everything into place for the new renovations. Be patient with the new owners, I'm sure they want to make a new impression for the first day as bad as you want it to be. Jonathan, have your dad post it on the forum when they are workin, I'm sure people like dirtworks52 and myself will be more than glad to donate some labor.

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
Shannon Craft

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2007, 03:45:28 am »

good luck to you guys..  it is alot of work and any improvement will be great lol. .but you do know if you tore it all down and re built it  brand new someone would complain.. lol..  it seems like nothing is never good enough... for some people..   I know that I am glad and I am sure others that someone is buying it and keeping it open.. so we will all have a place to race... Butch did a good job.. hope to still see him out and about.. maybe he will come sit and the stands and complain about the bad calls with me lol.. JUST KIDDING.. that is just a part of fun at the track.. if your not complaining then your not a true racer.. lol... HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!
dirtworks52

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2007, 08:48:27 pm »

I know it has to take quite awhile to get everything into place for the new renovations. Be patient with the new owners, I'm sure they want to make a new impression for the first day as bad as you want it to be. Jonathan, have your dad post it on the forum when they are workin, I'm sure people like dirtworks52 and myself will be more than glad to donate some labor.
first of all I was just wondering if the track was sold or not no big deal did'nt need a novel of explainations and just wanted too know the truth instead of rumors    and mr. redroosterracing were u out there working on the track after RITA?  cause i was  and if u were  that a boy
redroosterracing

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2007, 02:32:01 am »

didnt mean to push any buttons, just to give a little slack to the new owners, and hope that we would all take pride in the track and help  a little    but a like that fire you got in you dw52, thats what makes racin so fun

7 ministock

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2007, 06:23:42 am »

on the issue of teching, i think that after each race the tech officials should draw different things out of a hat (tires, heads, traction controll,etc...) that away nobody knows whats coming......... just a thought....... cant wait till playday!!!
joy graham

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2008, 04:39:09 pm »

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL....CAN'T WAIT TO GO RACING!

Promotion Ideas:  BUMPER STICKERS advertising the track!
Give them away the first night...but only to race fans who
will let you put them on their bumpers as they pull into the
parking lot...great advertisement traveling around southeast
Texas.  Sell others at cost!
ALSO...billboards in strategic locations..I10, Eastex,
Pt.Arthur Rd, 90...know they can be expensive...but what if
you contact a business on these routes and give them a free
VIP pass to let you display a bill board advertisement there...just
something Joe and I preached for years. Worked in Knoxville.
INFIELD UPDATES: The winner's circle needs to be addressed...
you may be able to read the advertisers on those billboards in
photos but not from the grandstand.  Would also like to see some cement barriers or strong metal fence which crew members and
officials can stand behind in the infield...right now with nothing
to block an out of control car the infield is a disaster waiting to
happen....had some very scary incidents out there!
ABOUT the souvenir stand...if you haven't already made definite
plans for it...a friend and I might like to run it.
ALSO...hope you will still let me do a program (newsletter) and
plan side events for fans...especially the kids.
Hope this doesn't sound like I want to run your business...just
getting excited about a new race season and want to be a
part of it.  In the blood you know!...Call me anytime, JOY
maddog

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2008, 01:45:02 am »

AMEN too you joy graham. Cool Smiley Cool

Madison racing#3
redroosterracing

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2008, 03:29:15 am »

great ideas Joy!  I think if We all work together, WE can make this a place to be proud of.   

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: