Speedarama (Lufkin,Texas) www.speedarama.com
Hear are some cut outs of the rules from Speedarama's site.
Post what you limited guys think. I am all for it.
1. Maximum cubic inches = 365. V-8 blocks and heads only.
2. No Bowtie, Dart or aluminum blocks. No big blocks or Hemiís.
3. Flat-top, four equal valve relief 10.5 to 1 pistons only.
4. Minimum of zero deck height is allowed.
5. Stock OEM crankshaft for block used, stock stroke and stock-type rods. Maximum of a 5.7î rod
length and 3.50 stroke for GM 350 cu. In. engines. No aftermarket cranks.
6. Aftermarket rod bolts/studs, main bolts/studs, and head bolts/studs are allowed.
7. Stock or circle track claimer pan is allowed.
8. Fluid damper is allowed.
9. Cast iron water pumps only on GM. Aluminum may be used on Ford or Mopar.
10. Aftermarket starters allowed that bolt directly into stock location without adapters.
11. Steel side engine mounts may be stock or 45-degree style.
12. Engine mid-plate is allowed. May be aluminum.
13. Engine must pull 12 inches of vacuum at 1200 rpm and not more than 180 psi compression with
five starter hits.14. MAY RUN GM CRATE ENGINE PART# 88958602.
You may only run one carburetor on intake.
A. Chevrolet: Quadrajet, Chevy 2-barrel, Holley #4412, or #0-80583-1 two barrels.
B. Ford: Motorcraft two or four barrel, Holley #4412, or #0-80583-1 two barrels.
C. Mopar: Carter or AFB two or four barrel, Holley #4412, or #0-80583-1 two barrel.
D. Carburetor spacer/adapter is allowed, but must not exceed 1î total thickness , including
E. Carburetor must be stock and unaltered with only one exception, circle track floats may be
used. Holley must have choke horn attached.
F. No Edelbrocks or similar high-performance carburetors allowed.G. CRATE ENGINE MUST RUN HOLLEY CARBURETOR PART# 80541-1 ONLY.
Also they are allowing the aftermarket non-adjustable control arms.