Golden Triangle Speedway
December 21, 2014, 08:16:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jr Mini / Pure Stock Rules  (Read 1670 times)
Jonathan Johnson

« on: January 02, 2008, 05:10:30 pm »

Jr.  Mini:

No changes.  >>BE SURE YOUR CAR IS SAFE AND HAS PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT<<

Pure Stock:

Same rules as 2007.
OPTION:  for safety reasons, we are allowing REAR disc-brakes.  Be sure your engine is legal to the last L guys...YOUR ENTIRE CAR WILL BE TECHED!!! 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 05:45:43 pm by Jonathan Johnson » Logged
racer25tx

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 05:10:27 pm »

Rear only??? Fronts have been discs for years.
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 05:44:59 pm »

That was my mistake.  I apologize, that would make sense.  I was just told to be sure to add that you were allowed to run rear discs....brain fart.
haulsas

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 06:56:05 pm »

Alot of the older nova's like the 74 I had was drum all the way around
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 07:32:04 pm »

Ok guys, let me clarify this and I will let you know something by the end of the weekend.  So Haulsas...would the later model metric monte carlos, etc.  have discs in the front?  If so wouldn't that have been an advatage they had for sometime or were they required to so something different?
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 07:36:55 pm »

From the 2007 Rules:

1.BRAKE SYSTEM MUST REMAIN STOCK OEM TO MAKE AND MODEL.CAR MUST HAVE 3 WHEEL BRAKES IN WORKING ORDER AT ALL TIMES.

Therefore, the addition of REAR disc brakes would be important to everyone.  Now, as far as haulsas' concern, I will look into and get back.  Thanks
haulsas

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 08:02:31 pm »

I have a late model Monte now...I just wanted to let you know that there are still some cars out there with drums on the front. Because sooner or later you or who ever is tech'n will come up on that,,,,Drums on the front....or added discs to the front. When they see that it's gonna look different and raise a question.....I think we should all use parachutes like drag cars....there is little maintenance and it looks cool when it goes passed......
haulsas

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 08:19:05 pm »

Seriously,,I dont think there are any of the newer body style monte/metric cars that have drums on the front. The nova that I had was a 74 and it was drum all the way around. I liked it cause you could set the brake drum on the front to work with the setting on the back drums..Either way,, there should only be a few cars that have that, and I am pretty sure it will only be Nova's...Hope that helps out,,,I'm using the disc set up...until the parachute idea catches on,,,,,lol,,,,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: