Golden Triangle Speedway
April 24, 2014, 08:30:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MEETING: JR MINI / PURE STOCKS / LIMTIED MODS  (Read 2379 times)
Jonathan Johnson

« on: January 11, 2008, 03:24:04 am »

Guys next Thursday evening (Jan 17) at 7 pm at the Elegante Hotel.  There are very minor OPTIONS to rules that need to be mentioned and discussed.  Please make plans to attend this meeting.  Hopefully many of you can see Glen is trying hard to keep everyone involved and aware of decisions that will be made.  Please take this opportunity to come out and say hi, voice any concerns, or toss out any ideas you may have.  We want everyone that can attend to.  If you cannot attend please call Glen at 409-781-2801 (c) or 409-866-3278 (h) and let him know anything you may be thinking.  You could also fax a small list of with you name, class, and car number on it to 409-869-4165.  Thanks and we look forward to seeing everyone there. 

JJ
pigracer

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 07:20:23 pm »

Working out of town, won't make the meeting.
I remember years ago at Big H, the late models standings were based on passing points. Don't remember all the details, but from a spectator standpoint they put on some dang good races. The faster cars started in the back, and had to drive their butts off to get to the front. In return, they got points for cars they passed. Just something to kick around,but i think something similar would put on a more exciting show for the crowd than the best cars winning their heats & starting in the 1st couple of rows in the feature and cruising to another victory (yaaaannn).What ya'll think ?

Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 09:27:47 pm »

hey pig...similar in thought, we thought of having a die that had a 1-4 and an X, the X would invert the whole field and having a fan roll the die.  Just an idea, we'll see what happens.  Sure would make that roll nerve-racking for some....
rogracer2

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 04:05:55 am »

From a fan perspective, it would be nice to see the fastest cars start at least 1/2 way back for the feature. From the driver's standpoint, they would always want the fastest up front.

Here's an article I found that talks about some different options.

http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com/racing-news/dirt-lm-modified/starting-grids-running-the-numbers-can-vary-from-track-to-track

I like the dice roll idea, but I would say add the number on the dice with 1/2 of the number of cars in the field. For instance, if you have 16 cars, and you roll a 1, would would invert the first 9 (8+1). If you rolled a 2, you invert the first 10, etc.
pigracer

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 11:01:42 am »

I think it is a touchy situation to alter the lineup for features. Don't get me wrong, i'm game for just about anything that puts on a better show. I raced some at battleground when the dice was rolled,and no complaints --made it very interesting. As long as the fan was ready to roll as soon as the cars pulled on the track, it did not slow the show down one bit. In fact, it hurried the show--once you got your new spot and took off, we went green the next time by. Some care should be given to assure the cars pull onto the track in the correct order. Heres the tricky part, to keep some incentive for drivers to do as good as they can in heat races (sandbagging)and take into consideration cars that don't finish the heat or arrive late and on and on.......Anyway, whatever the track decides to do or try....looking forward to it!
pigracer

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 11:16:22 am »

just another thought---the dice roll might provide an oppurtunity for a track sponser---"Its time again for our John Doe Chevy roll the dice"----you ain't gambling when you buy a chevy from John Doe------maybe have someone from John Doe Chevy pick the fan for each roll and so forth
Bradley 8604

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 04:01:01 pm »

I think rolling the dice is a good idea. I do think that inverting more than the top 6 qualifiers is a bit ridiculous. If we were to invert nearly the entire field as rogerracer suggests, what would be the point of a qualifing heat. I think it is extreme. 
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 06:30:23 pm »

These are all good points.  If you can make it to the meeting, please bring this up so that all that are in attendance may be able to hear and voice an opinion.  I am sorry I am unable to make them, but I get things first hand afterwards from Glen.

JJ
rogracer2

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 10:37:03 pm »

I agree with Bradley that from a drivers point, it is ridiculous/extreme to invert a large part of the field. The only incentive I could think of for the drivers would be if heat races awarded more points, and/or actually payed $ for high heat race finishes.

But...from some fan's perspective, some of the best races are the ones where the fast cars have to work their way through the field. I've been to a bunch of tracks in the northeast where the fastest cars are starting in mid-pack. It makes for plenty of action, lots of passing and bumping.
larkin19

Gonna get a little SIDEWAYS!!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 02:37:12 am »

Sorry I missed the meeting last night, I was looking forward to it, can any one please hit the high points for myself and others that might have missed it?  What major changes are in store for our limited class if any?  And is there any days planned to come get some laps at my home track?  I sure would rather run here first than some where else!!!! 

Special thanks to: Jamie Bryant, Fine Signs and Graphics, Rashall Racing, Ferguson & Wright Racing and the crew Chryslynn, Larkin, Trenton.
on target

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 08:08:21 pm »

crate motor option year basically ump rules with about 3 beaumont specific rules, feb 9, 16, and 23 are tech/tunes if concrete wall is fixed and weather permits.
larkin19

Gonna get a little SIDEWAYS!!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 08:19:30 pm »

Thanks for the info. looking forward to getting back to the track!!  Thanks Glen for keeping us in this area!!

Special thanks to: Jamie Bryant, Fine Signs and Graphics, Rashall Racing, Ferguson & Wright Racing and the crew Chryslynn, Larkin, Trenton.
pigracer

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 12:05:38 am »

It's been too quite on the forum. Here's another idea on lining up the cars..suppose after the 1st. week, instead of drawing a pill for the heat races,line em up in the heats based on the point standings or point average. After a couple of weeks, depending on the car count, you would end up a couple of regular heats and a "fast heat" or maybe one heat and a "fast heat" . This would provide competitive heats for sure, with the ones finishing up front in the features battling each other for starting spots in the feature,and the ones who ain't been having so good a run abetter chance of winning a heat and so forth.The point average would come into play-say a car just runs every now & then and does good each time out(kicks butt) he would be in the "fast heat". Then for the feature maybe roll the dice and if you are sitting on the pole and the x comes up .............just more cars to pass. Just thinking out loud
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: