Golden Triangle Speedway
November 23, 2014, 11:40:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RULES ARE UP  (Read 13538 times)
Jonathan Johnson

« on: January 25, 2008, 10:11:55 pm »

Racers,

I have just updated the rules on the website for 2008.  I have updated Jr Mini, Hobby Stock, Street Stock, Limited Modified and Modified.  I will have Pure Stock at latest by tomorrow night.  I hope this helps.  Sorry about the delay.  We are selling 4' x 8' signs for the front of the grand stands.  If you know someone who may be interested, please call Glen at 409-781-2801.

JJ
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 10:33:14 pm by Jonathan Johnson » Logged
dirtworks52

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 02:27:48 am »

spacer rule at gtrp
"D. Carburetor spacer/adapter is allowed, but must not exceed 1" total thickness , including gaskets."
spacer rule at cleveland and willis
"Carburetor spacer/adapter is allowed, but must not exceed 1-1/4" total thickness including gaskets."
I thought it we were coming together as one.
billy5x

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 04:31:35 am »

sure would be nice if the owners of both tracks would get together on rules..so everyone could race at both tracks..its not like they would be running together anyways...it would be cool to be able to go to motorama and race on friday night..then cleveland on saturday night.,,now all we have to do is get gator to go with the same rules and race early on sundays..
Brian88

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 04:55:02 am »

Hey Billy I do not think the GTRP owners are trying to be different when it comes to rules. It was stated before that the full body classes rules would mimic those of Gator and 105 so that those racers that wanted to could race both nigts.
billy5x

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 12:13:44 am »

first..whats gtrp stand for?Huh next--after looking at the rules,thay are close enough to run both tracks...thats really great cause theres some including myself that whenever the chance comesto do so..then i will be at motorama and 105..
31 RACER

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 12:18:43 am »

G: Golden
T: Triangle
R: Raceway
P: Park
chrisw

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 12:41:31 am »

Johnathon would you please help clarify some of the rule changes .

1) No lift rule for limited modified?
2) Mufflers required in China?
3) The claim rule staying the same as last year? No modifications for the crate engine? Seems if you dont like the way the crate motors run you could just buy an old style motor for $500.

Thanks for your help
JeffBell8b

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 04:06:01 am »

Whats up Chris W.any green yet?

Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 05:33:34 am »

OK, I apologize apparently when they typed the rules they forgotthe 1/4".  It has been added and the spacer is 1-1/4".  Also, let me state this now.  I am not the go to guy for rules.  I will do my best to answer any questions I can.  Any direct questions need to be addressed to Glen (409-781-2801).  I am not the owner, my father is.  I have a racing program and that is my priority, the race track is his.  As far as the specific rules in each class...they are posted.  The lift rule question should be directed to Glen or Bobby Craft.  I hope this helps. 

GTRP not trying to be different on rules, in fact we are one of the few who worked hard to make the rules the same.  You guys need to thank Bazil and Buster at Cleveland, as they were very helpful in this happening.

I will look into the muffler question.

JJ
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 05:43:24 am by Jonathan Johnson » Logged
Brian88

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 09:45:11 am »

I will bet $money$ that if you do not have any mufflers it will be OK.
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 06:39:19 pm »

Ok, sorry about the inconvenience there is no muffler ruling for GTRP, the life rule has been included and is 450 at the valve.  I amended the spacer rule to 1 - 1/4"

Let me say this now.  Get off the crate engine gripe.  They will be teched too.  If they are found illegal, they are suspended for a year, just like in other crate racing.
racer25tx

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 02:51:26 am »

What's the deal with this on the Pure Stock rules?

4. Carburetor: Rochester 2 barrel model 2GV. 

This wasn't even discussed in the rules meeting and wasn't in the rules when we voted on them at the meeting? 

Is this enforced for this year or a preview for '09 ?
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 03:02:28 pm »

Racer25TX look again, it has been fixed.  My dad's office manager typed the rules and we forgot to add the note in.  I put the rules up and someone obviously caught it and called Glen.  We changed it last night.  I promise you guys that nothing will randomly change as to what everyone voted for at the meetings.  If you see a conflict with anything, please notify Glen and we will get it rectified.  This is not a cop-out, but we are trying to get a great deal done in a short amount of time and unfortunately have seen a few oversights here and there on the rules.  I was hammering him to get rules up so everyone had access to them, and thus the small oversights that end up being a big deal if not caught.   Glen thinks they are all correct now and will go over all of them again today.  Again, he appreciates everyones patience and is really looking forward to the season starting. 

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.

JJ
racer25tx

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 06:56:26 pm »

Thanks Jonathan (And Glen). I was't trying to start anything, just curious about the rule. Thanks for the clarification.

Now, I have another question. (Which I shoud've asked at the meeting, but didn't)

BODY AND FRAME: Any American made GM or Ford metric frame passenger car, metric framed station wagon, S-10, Ranger pick-up and Novas are permitted.

Can you or Glen clarify this rule?

No big Monte Carlos, etc.? What about Chevelles and El Camino's and other "big" cars?

And Dodges are not allowed at all?

I know of a few cars that raced at Motorama last year that this rule, as written, will eliminate.

3 of the top 10 in points and a half dozen or so others. I don't know if I am not reading this rule correctly, or if only metric cars and the others specifically mentioned are it.

Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 02:46:34 am »

Racer,

Didn't think you were starting anything at all.  You have a good question here and I will look into it and get you a timely response.  Thanks for the questions...

JJ
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: