Golden Triangle Speedway
October 31, 2014, 08:11:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RULES ARE UP  (Read 13389 times)
00wallcrawler

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 02:35:28 pm »

Racer, the rules were not written to eliminate anybody they were written to limit the new kinds of cars the ones running already are still legal and that kind of car is still legal. Just my take and I think Glen will agree.
Buster Deen 105 Speedway
racer25tx

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 05:50:24 pm »

Buster,

If thats the intent of the rules, that is fine, but I, nor anyone else shoud be trying to interperet the "intent" of the rules. Trust me, we will get it wrong every time. Lol.

I just want to make sure that the car I plan to race will be legal before I put any more work into it.
MotoramaKay

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 09:39:20 pm »

This has nothing to do with the rules, but I would love to see the cross in the infield for lent, I also hope you keep the prayer for the racers and spectator side. Other than that I am ready to see some good races!  Butch you did an awesome job letting us put Motorama back together, I feel that Mr. Johnson will do his best too.
THANK YOU for keeping racing alive!!!!!!!
            Let's Get R Done!

ay Pierson... If it were a crime to be kind, would there be enough evidence to convict you?HuhHuh?  Smiley
dirtworks52

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 03:23:04 am »

This has nothing to do with the rules, but I would love to see the cross in the infield for lent, I also hope you keep the prayer for the racers and spectator side. Other than that I am ready to see some good races!  Butch you did an awesome job letting us put Motorama back together, I feel that Mr. Johnson will do his best too.
THANK YOU for keeping racing alive!!!!!!!
            Let's Get R Done!
Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin  And a big thank you Kay for everything you did keeping the track together while you were there.  I know I sure missed that smiling face every Friday last year  and it sure made that 25 dollar pitpass a little easier to spend every weekend.
MotoramaKay

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 10:34:12 am »

Thank you Dirtworks52, that means alot, I miss my racers, as you know I have been around racing for a longgggggggggg time & I just wanted to make everyone feel welcome, I never felt that at other tracks, I also had the best help you could ask for. I want to tell you also that without you and your dad, putting the race track back together, as well as help from others, it would NOT have been as fun as it was!!!!!!!!!  We worked from can to can't and still found something to laugh about it.... Grin   As the saying goes....Let's Get Ready To Rumbbleeeeeeeeeeeeee................. I LOVE this track and admire everyone out there. To finesh my essay ( lololol), I just want to tell everyone to have fun!
                Stay safe and know ya'll will always have a forever fan!
PS....not PMS on the playdays if Mr. Johnson needs some help, I would be happy to get a jumpstart on the registrations, this sure helps ALOT on openong night.

ay Pierson... If it were a crime to be kind, would there be enough evidence to convict you?HuhHuh?  Smiley
racer25tx

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 03:41:02 am »

Glen, Remember this thread?

This is why I asked the question way back in January. No timely response from you or anyone else, except for the tech man from 105 and he said:

Racer, the rules were not written to eliminate anybody, they were written to limit the new kinds of cars. the ones running already are still legal and that kind of car is still legal. Just my take and I think Glen will agree.
Buster Deen 105 Speedway

Now I'm still not trying to start any crap, but I did ask.

00wallcrawler

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 01:55:02 pm »

Racer25 I did say the ones running were still legal but only if they are legal I don't know what happened maybe you can explain.I also said it was my opinon.Buster Deen                                                                                                   
rogracer2

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 02:52:50 pm »

Did something happen Friday night where you couldn't run Pures but you had to run with Hobby's?
racer25tx

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 04:32:03 pm »

The car was legal last year and has been for 4 years, but apparently not anymore. Can't run it in Hobby Stock either. It was allowed to run Friday night, but was told not to bring it back.

And Roger, you need to check with Glen before you bring your car out there. Yours may not be allowed to race either. They seem to be getting rid some of the cars that have been running out there. Seems kinda odd too since the car count is lagging.
rogracer2

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 05:06:31 pm »

Thanks for the update.

I thought at the driver's meeting it was said that we could run last year's cars (including camaros or big-body cars)?

It doesn't make sense that a big-body (mid 70s) car can be run in street stock or hobby stock, but not in pure stock.
racer25tx

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 05:36:37 pm »

Roger, I heard Glen say at the meting that if it was legal last year, then we coud run it this year...but apparently it ain't so. The Camaro was there and did run well. Eddie drove it and won with it. Then, after tech, we were at the trailer talking when Glen came over and asked Eddie to come speak to him. Afterwards, The car ain't allowed back. Don't know what we're gonna do now. I was in the middle of building an ElCamino,which is nothing but a big Chevelle, to race, but it isn't one of the cars allowed either. I guess I'll have to sit in the stands unless this mess gets straightened out. I don't see what the problem is either, but I am not the decision maker.
mikec

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 05:43:26 pm »

so what is being said that a 1976 malbu can not run purestock or the comaro cant run ?
racer25tx

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 05:56:04 pm »

Mike,
   the rules, as written, don't allow for the '76 Malibu. Rules say that it must be a metric car, s-10 or ranger truck, Nova, or a metric station wagon. I asked about this way back on January 29th and didn't get a response or ruling until AFTER the races were over last Friday night.

Like I stated earlier, it doesn't make sense to me to take out these cars that are already race ready, since the car count hasn't been really high either night. (5 cars the first night and 9 Friday)

It's funny that the first two races were won by illegal body styles. I wonder if the winner of the first race had a similar conversation with Glen afterward? He was driving a big Monte Carlo. He wasn't there Friday, so maybe they told him not to bring his car back.

rogracer2

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 06:08:14 pm »

I guess I will be running in Hobby Stock, then (at the back of the pack!)
umpracer

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 06:30:58 pm »

Yes the car count is down right now, but you have to remember that Thanks to Glen's hard work and everyone working for him and the weather we were able to start racing a month early.  That being said some racers aren't ready yet but will be within the next few weeks. I think the car count will be picking up as soon as everyone gets their cars ready to go zoom zoom zoom around the track.  Let the Sun keep shining and lets go racing!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: