Golden Triangle Speedway
October 23, 2014, 10:56:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RULES ARE UP  (Read 13232 times)
racer25tx

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008, 06:45:33 pm »

UMP,
     I am definitely not meaning to saying anything to disrespect Glen or the efforts he has put into the track. I applaud his efforts as the track and the whole facility looks outstanding. I see where he has made great strides in the facility as it is better than ever. I DO appreciate that effort.

I just don't see the point in not alowing cars that are already ready back. I am sure the car count will go up later, but for now, you are running for 100.00 to win. If the count was up NOW, there would be a bigger payout. Take Roger for instance, He was going to bring his car out this weekend, but he may have to run with the Hobbies and that doesn't help raise the purestock count. I know of a couple of other cars that would be there in the next week or so, but may not be allowed to race purestock, even though they were legal last year.
rogracer2

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2008, 01:27:37 am »

I talked with Glen earlier today and he said big-body cars will be allowed to race this year in pure stock. I believe Glen is wanting to get a standard set of rules with the other area tracks, so drivers can choose multiple places to race.

With that being said, why does Gator and Cleveland not allow the big-body cars in the pure stock class? They are allowed in street stock and hobby stock, but not pure stock? Glen said he did not know why the other tracks don't allow the big-body cars in pure stock. Does Buster, Basil, or any other representative from Cleveland or Gator have any insight?

Thanks,
Roger
cheviman99x

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2008, 03:22:33 am »

Hey Roger Gator allows big cars in pure stock they have a couple big cars that race in the pure stock class here at gator. I havent been to 105 this year but i am going saturday but i also have basil's phone number i will give a call tomorrow an let yall know on here as soon as i can. Ill see all you pure stock drivers in 2 weeks so watch out for that 5J car. James
racer25tx

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2008, 09:34:25 am »

Hey Roger,

"I talked with Glen earlier today and he said big-body cars will be allowed to race this year in pure stock"

That is great for you and Mike. Ask him to put it in writing, so you can print it out and have it in hand. That way, you can at least show it in tech.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:38:15 am by racer25tx » Logged
00wallcrawler

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2008, 01:56:57 pm »

Big body cars have always been legal and camaros have never been legal in the pures. The camaro is a sports car it has the very best geometry on the front suspension that is why it was not allowed in the pures and hobbys. Up until the stock cars disappeared the camaro was not allowed in the street stocks but considering it is the only place left it was allowed.
                                                                                                           Buster Deen
PS sorry so late I usually get to the net in the mornings
racer25tx

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2008, 05:14:12 pm »

Buster,

With all due respect, You are very much mistaken. Camaros may not have been allowed in Cleveland, but at Motorama Speedway they were legal for the past 3 years. The rules stated 108" wheelbase without regard for coil or leaf springs.  I have been running the #25 Camaro for the last 3 years and passing tech and getting paid. There have also been 2 other Camaros that have run at Motorama regularly in the purestock class.

At the rules meeting, it was stated that "If it was legal last year, then it woud be legal this year". By that statement, made by Glen Johnson, Camaros should then be legal. I specifically asked about the body rule back on January 29th. They are clear as mud if you allow the big cars, because they aren't mentioned in the rules either. I hope the big cars are allowed because it will increase the car count. But don't discriminate against Camaros if they were deemed legal last year and it was stated that "If it was legal last year, then it would be legal this year."

It has been thought that You and Glen may not have realized that Camaros were legal, and I believe Glen even said this, but as the track owner, shouldn't it be his business to know? Ask Butch Doyle if Camaros were legal last year (and for the last 3 years). I can even show you the rules for 2007 showing that they were legal.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 08:06:25 pm by racer25tx » Logged
00wallcrawler

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2008, 05:23:49 pm »

Racer25x you are probably correct about Beaumont but if they allow your car then they have to allow the next camaro then pretty soon you are back to Beaumont being the only track Beaumont cars can race and other tracks cars not wanting to be at a disadvantage will probably not visit your track. I do sympathise with you and glad it is not my call. Buster Deen
racer25tx

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2008, 08:04:21 pm »

Buster,

Like I posted earlier, The car has raced at Motorama for the last 3 years. It hasn't seemed to keep many cars from coming and racing here in the past. It won't keep Beaumont cars from coming to 105, just me. I understand your point of view, but I haven't been able to bring my car to 105 before. Others have gone there and raced and my Camaro being legal for Beaumont didn't have any bearing on them being able to race there. Most people won't build a Camaro because they can't race it elsewhere. I understand this and it was my choice to run the Camaro anyway. Yes, it sucked not being able to race some of the big races at other tracks, but I knew I coudn't, so it was ok.
number88fan

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2008, 11:21:17 pm »

Maybe this discuss about camaros wouldnt have come up if a camaro hadnt blistered the competition on friday. Personally I believe the big cars should be allowed,if you can find them, and camaros should not.Sometimes a little discretion pays off in the long run.
rogracer2

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2008, 11:31:31 pm »

I hope the big body cars will be legal next year as well at all the area tracks. There are plenty of them around still.

In the meantime, looking forward to Friday night - I'll see you there!
rogracer2

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2008, 01:22:41 am »

By the way, whatever type of car Eddie would have driven, he can flat out drive it to the limit. I hope he can get a ride or come up with another car to continue bringing it on!
00wallcrawler

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2008, 01:34:48 am »

Rogracer2 as far as I know the pure stock rules are not going to change and the big cars will still be legal.
                                                               Buster Deen
rogracer2

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2008, 01:42:13 am »

Thanks for the update - I hope all the area tracks agree on that!
number88fan

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2008, 02:16:08 am »

Hey Rogr,
  I'm not arguing whether Eddie can drive or not. All I am stating is that maybe it isnt good for the class to have a non traditional bomber go out and spank the competition.
racer25tx

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2008, 12:09:52 pm »

Good news! After doing a little research on the vin # of our car, it seems that it's not a Camaro after all. We will be putting the correct Firebird body on the car and will see you at the races Friday night.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: