Golden Triangle Speedway
December 21, 2014, 02:24:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WING MODIFIED>?  (Read 12300 times)
HookemHorns

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 06:15:28 am »

well if the are dinos then why u running u mouth about them?........i just thought i would see wat could bring the people out.........trying to help the racing industry around here out but it seems to be like some people like hoosiedaddy doesnt mind seeing them but hey i look at it this way get them in here atleast once and see how it turns out and if it doesnt work then dont have them come back but if they bring as many people as the sprints do then wat the heck have them come here every now and then.............but next week when the sprints come will talk to roger the announcer and see if he can do a little survey and see wat the people think besides doing it on the net!......................

Opie

00 racing.....Cant Hang.....Cant Stay
WingMod5

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 03:18:00 pm »

Hello everyone. I am a member of the TWMA, the winged modified group out of the Dallas/Hillsboro/Waco area. Thank you for your interest in our cars. Our schedule is pretty full, but please feel free to check our website, www.ihwma.com or contact our president, Rick Poteet, driver of the #61. The ArkLaTex group is www.arklatexwingmodified.com and Roland Owens is their president. Our groups will be having a 2 race series starting at Texas Dirt Motorplex June 21st, with the second race at 85 Speedway in Ennis July 19th. We would love to see you there. If anyone makes one of these shows, please drop our pits and introduce yourself. I drive the blue #5 and my brother Terry drives the orange #55. If anyone is interested in seeing some of our cars, please check out the Heart of Texas and Cowtown Speedways websites and there are links to their photographers pictures. Thanks again and lets go racing!
HookemHorns

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 10:48:02 pm »

i would love to see yall come to beaumont but i dont ever really travel unless its to houston raceway park or cleveland..............but thats only becuz my dad knows where all them tracks are........ Wink

kevin77

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 09:34:42 pm »

Would like to say thanks to all of you that still like the wing mods and show your support and yes some of these cars are dinos they stop building them years ago but don't take us lightly just because there dinos doe's not mean that they have dino parts some of these car could be considerd texas size sprint cars!!!!! I like Terry and Teddy white are members of T.W.M.A. we have good car counts every week and put on one hell of a good show would like to invite all of you to check us out on the web for tracks and times the top three in points there is only 48 points diffrence between them wright now some of the last races have gone down to the last 250 ft before the winner was desided now if thats not open wheel racing i do not know what is!!!! Emmit Woods ran saturday night with us at ennis,tx for a dino he shore was getting around that track pretty durn fast please before you condim these cars come watch us run then you can be as negitive as you need but give us a chance first thanks from the wingmods
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 12:26:27 am »

Kevin,

Please call Glen and see if you all can work something out to get them down.

Glen Johnson
409-781-2801
skettl157

60 Years and 5 Generations of Racing

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 03:27:36 am »

For those who are interested....David talked to the guy who runs the Ark-La-Tex group and he is definitely wanting to schedule a race down here, but it probably will not happen until next season.  Wink
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 03:29:29 am by skettl157 » Logged

Live life one lap at a time!!!!!!!!!!
Kettl 157  'n The Blood Racing
HookemHorns

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2008, 02:22:11 am »

heck yea........cant wait then!!!

jhhuff2003
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 02:55:12 am »

I saw that David Tanner has been racing with the ArkLaTex Winged Modifieds.It loks like they have been starting 20 or more cars in the featue.It sure would be cool if these guys would come race down here,even better if it was on a weekend that ArkLaTex and the Ironheads were off so we could draw cars from both series.Well, I hope it happens.There is some video of these cars on you tube,just search winged modifieds.
HookemHorns

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 04:30:58 am »

oh i know thats why i brought up this subject in the beginning cuz i miss watching these guys when i was little Cheesy

kevin77

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 06:22:24 pm »

Would like to invite all of you wing mod fans to Ennis saturday night the 19th of july at the 85 speedway located off hwy 85 south of Ennis for the second part of the tx/la shoot out the first race was held in tyler and 27 wings made it 5 heats a b main and a 20 car feature somthing that has not happend in a long time the purse is a garenteed $1000.00 to win!!!!!!!!!! there could be as many as 35 cars at this event so once again saturday night july 19 at ennis 85 speedway come on by and thanks from a T.W.M.A. member Wink
jhhuff2003
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2008, 01:40:11 am »

Hey Kevin,when did they stop building these cars,does anybody build homemade cars or does everybody just have "dino" cars? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
kevin77

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 08:06:21 pm »

these cars are still being built they are called widebody cars thier mostly on the east coast bishnell  troyer there are some jigs still around texas sunny miller in fort worth has a jig call smiley's kennedale store to talk to him the frame is the only part of our car thats old the rest is all new sprint car stuff as in water pump power stearing kse direct mount hilborn injecter pump fast axle front 10 degree spindales franklin q c you would be surprised at the quality of these old cars we want to go sprint car so we are using this class as a stepping stone
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: