Golden Triangle Speedway
April 16, 2014, 04:00:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WING MODIFIED>?  (Read 11066 times)
HookemHorns

« on: April 21, 2008, 05:44:05 am »

HEY I KNOW I WAS LOOKING AT SOME OF THE TRACKS.......IN Louisiana and i just thought maybe bring back some old WING MODIFIEDS........KINDA LIKE DAVID TANNER AND JOHN BANKSTON'S CAR..........i think that would bring some cars in!

00 racing.....Cant Hang.....Cant Stay
true#8

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 09:42:04 pm »

I just wanted to throw out there, i'm not trying to politic but the wing cars are off until May 17. Any one can get a scedule at www.arklatexwingmodifieds.com.
HookemHorns

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 02:27:15 am »

so is there any chance on maybe bringing them down here for maybe a race or two............and the only reason i ask is becuz that use to be the best class to watch when bankston raced......... Smiley

HookemHorns

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 04:00:00 am »

so i still see there is no response to the wing modifieds coming to beaumont for one or two race.........would really love to them come to beaumont to race!

jhhuff2003
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 09:13:22 pm »

There is also another series of Winged Modifieds that race in Texas,Ironhead Winged Modifieds.Their website is www.ihwma.com.I think there is 2 or 3 of these cars in this area.I know Avant Schnitz had one,I don't know if he still does.Yes it would be awesome to see these cars at GTR.It is a shame these cars have faded away.
skettl157

60 Years and 5 Generations of Racing

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 10:30:45 pm »

These guys put on real good shows. They have good car counts too. The people who run the Ark-La-Tex group are real nice and have said they might consider coming this way, maybe if some of ya'll got on their website and show some interest from this area, they might consider scheduling a race or 2 here. It would be good if two tracks in this area could schedule something together, making it worth the drive for these guys.

Live life one lap at a time!!!!!!!!!!
Kettl 157  'n The Blood Racing
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 11:57:02 pm »

If everyone remembers correctly this was an option of the wing modified class years back and the class failed.  Maybe bringing them on with an association may not be a bad idea, but there would have to be a guaranteed car count in order to have a solid purse.  I do think it would be cool to see David running John's car out there again.  That would definitely bring back some memories!!

JJ
HookemHorns

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 05:31:37 am »

well then i suppose yall can talk to the ark-la-tex group and maybe bring them to beaumont............i just thought i would try and bring some other class in and bring them in for a good amount of time........ Smiley(:

HoosierDaddy

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 03:24:37 am »

If you like to watch Nostalgic Racing why don't you go the tracks that race those Historic Dinosaur Cars and keep them away from here.  Angry
skettl157

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 12:00:55 am »

There must be some people interested in these cars because this topic is the most viewed!!!! Tongue Kiss

AREA51

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 12:33:27 am »

I HOPE THEY COME. I HAVE BEEN TELLING MY FRIEND ABOUT THEM ,FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS.HE WANTS TO SEE THEM.
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 03:24:43 am »

If anyone who wants these cars to run at Golden Triangle, someone needs to find out who runs an association and contact them.  I'm sure if they can guarantee Glen 18-20 cars, he would probably entertain running them.  However, if he has to do the leg work to get them here they will not come.  He has various associations contact him every week about coming here and racing.  The track has six strong classes that run at the track weekly with special events for sprint cars already.  These classes have fairly strong car counts and the races are over at a decent hour.  This was the goal...

JJ
raceready

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 08:21:30 pm »

GREAT IDEA // THAT WOULD GREAT // THEY ARE NOT DINOS // they once were the poeple grabbers///poeple came by droves to watch tha greats do their thing( john backston,gary watson,wayne brown,junior withington,bob lebert, just some locals that ran that kinda car //tha skinny ones were tha  best///each one homemade//not stamp out twins//they had adjust,repair, and race on tha fly //no part in a box fix// heck there was a time when pure stock was was that  pure stock //no racing anything // real knock down drag out racing // theres was even a time when  if you stopped in tha middle of the track an stopped a race //you got tha boot// bring back tha spectators  races//you know 5 or so track cars//that bearly get to race speed //draw tickets for tha next weeks show
HoosierDaddy

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 11:53:42 pm »

You are Right! "they once were the poeple grabbers" But Attic Fans were cool until Air Conditioning. I might be willing to pay a historic admission fee to watch a few historic dinosaur cars race.
skettl157

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 05:15:48 am »

Hoosierdaddy, If a race does get scheduled here, You can stay home and play on your computer. Alot of people sure are interested in these old Dinosaurs.....look at how may views this topic has!!!!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: