Golden Triangle Speedway
November 01, 2014, 03:11:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: streetstocks  (Read 4651 times)
mikec

« on: April 22, 2008, 08:28:03 pm »

so how do you guys like running on asphalt bricks ?
Grumps

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 08:18:16 pm »

Sad  It is not good at ALL!  If you noticed, the Hobby Stocks ran faster than the Street Stocks, when the track dried out!!!  That is pretty crazy, isn't it?? Huh
mikec

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 12:19:40 pm »

yep it looked like a crashfest
mod3r

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 02:29:55 pm »

they are the change in the rule that has ever been made... i love them and so does my wagon
Grumps

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 03:54:33 pm »

Tongue Well, Mod3R, where did u end up finishing in the crashfest?  It sounds like you have it going on!  Maybe we need to get some tips from you. 
mod3r

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 01:28:47 pm »

sounds like if you dont like the rules then you should have been at the meeting ... are find another race track.. all the crashing and tear stuff up is not from the tire but dumb a...behind the wheels
Grumps

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 08:55:58 pm »

I was at the meeting and voted against the bricks!!  We have found another track that doesn't run the bricks and I agree about the dumb a... because you were the dumb a... that caused the wreck where we got tore up!!!!!!!!
st.stock38

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 04:41:53 pm »

must of been something in the air !
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 01:39:01 am »

Hey Grumps,

At least the car count is strong and people are enjoying watching the class again.  It is fun to see, what was one of the best classes back in the day, very strong again.  Hopefully you will continue to race even though you area against the tires.  I know I for one have enjoyed watching this season.

JJ
Grumps

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 01:46:29 am »

Car count is good but not everything.  Has anyone ever put a stopwatch on the different classes but me?  Something is wrong when on more than one night the Hobby Stocks has much better lap times and racing than the Street Stocks.  The bottom line, we went from a tire that had good grip to one that has none.  Is that what brings cars to the track?
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 01:57:51 am »

Grumps,

Car count is pretty much everything.  It basically determines whether the class gets run.  If you want to go fast, I suggest you go drag racing.  Well, let me re-pharse this.  You can either be fast and have no car count, run for nearly nothing, or potentially not have the class. 

If the hobby's are so much faster, and that is what you are looking for, buy a hobby.  You had a tire with grip, no cars, and pretty much whomever had the fastest car one (money game).  Heaven forbid now you have to have some finese.  Sir I am not negating that the cars may be a bit slower, but that is still part of the game.  You have to have a car that handles well.  This is the same argument that came when the modifieds went the the G-60s/KK704s. 

Your argument just doesn't stand up when the car count has gained an average of ten cars.  The class is strong and healthy and unless the group (class) as a whole votes on a change (which this is what they wanted) there will be no changes.  By the way, Glen  has had more positive feedback from the Street Stocks and Hobby races than any other class.  Again hope to see you Friday. 

JJ
Grumps

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 02:13:11 am »

JJ,

I suppose you are correct.  As long as cars are there ya'll are happy.  If you will look back at the beginning, someone ask how we like running on the bricks.  We simply voiced our opinion that we do not like them and never have.  I'll bet others feel the same way but may not vocalize it. 
As for the going fast issue, I am simply trying to point out that this class of cars with bigger motors, better chasis, and hopefully better drivers is now slower because of this tire.  It is backwards to me. 
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 04:39:52 am »

Grumps,

I agree 100% with what you are saying, however, when the majority stated they wanted the pull-offs that is what went.  I believe alot of that was to fall in line with the other two tracks in the area that were running the cars.  If the group as a whole wanted a change, then I'm sure all three tracks would listen.  I hope that you understand the idea of running the classes as a democracy where you all have an opinion and say (much like a vote) rather than a dictatorship.  After all you all are the ones with the money in the equipment.
Thanks for voicing the concern, as I know Glen has read the post and thread for that matter.  Just for conversation sake, why not bring it up at the next driver's meeting and potentially have a tire option ready to discuss with the others.  At least this might get people wheels turning for a change next year, and this would be if everyone chose to.  Again, it would get something in the air.

JJ
billy5x

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 05:56:20 am »

hey grumps,try this,,,but you cant tell anyone you done it,and everyones gonna say it aint so,and if the tech guy finds out,then i dont know what he is gonna do or say-but here goes----go to the hardware store and buy a pint of exzylene,,and a pint of toulene,and mix them together then add 1/4cup of type f trans fluid,,then wensday night jack your car up and spray sulotion on tires,allow to soak for 1 hour and spray them again,,then repeat for 2-nights before you race on them.last spray should be about 4 hours before race time,,then hang on cause they gonna hook like them old hoosier dirtstocker we used to run...if you dont believe me then mix the stuff up and cut a piece of an old tire and throw it in a bowl full and let it set for a while then get it out and put a durometer on it...of course all your competitions gonna say it dont work,but try it for yourself...or if you got the money then look online for some stuff called goat pee tire softener...its only illegal if you get caught..
mikec

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 12:46:52 pm »

I do not like the bricks but it is a good thing for the class because all three tracks are the rules. yes I was at the rule meeting
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: