Golden Triangle Speedway
July 30, 2014, 04:58:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi  (Read 8085 times)
janab

Hi
« on: May 24, 2008, 03:49:58 pm »

Its a pretty day, heh.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 09:50:31 pm by janab » Logged
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 06:53:16 pm »

Janab,

To answer your question, after their lack of respect to other racers and trying to hold up the show, this left me no other option other than to remove them from the racing surface.  Rather than questioning the call in accordance with the rule book, they chose to somewhat take matters in their own hands resulting in the two-week suspension from their racing privaleges at GTRP.  They will receive a written notice of right of refusal of entry to the facility for the next two nights of Street Stock racing.  If there are any further questions on this matter, you are more than welcome to call me at 409-781-2801 rather than making a public message about it.

I am tired of people continuing to show no respect to other racers and leaving a bad taste in new fans mouths because they think that a weekly show is a life and death matter.  I have made other posts regarding acceptable behavior expected by the racers, and I intend to keep my word on what was said.  PERIOD!

Glen
gotribal

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 12:50:53 am »

WOW, Haynes men are suspended.Did not see the incident. From what i heard that was the right call for 91 but do'nt understand why 92 went to the back also. Great to see a track owner stick to his word about on track behavior no matter who the driver was.The track used to be run by a hand full of drivers. As a driver i still see officals showing bias to their favorite drivers. I have tried to greet and introduce myself to some of the officals but they did not have time since they were hanging out with their fav drivers. SEEN THIS BEFORE IN THE PAST. The offical on the back straight away on the golf cart what an ATTITUDE. With all the officals and "class reps" GLEN is the only person that i've seen greet drivers.While lined up in the staging area i seen GLEN walk up to each car and shake the drivers hand,THAT SHOWS CLASS in my book. While the changes to the track are awesome, lets look at some of the officals.
HookemHorns

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 01:15:10 am »

91 went to the back cuz he hit his son  and then his son hit 12 which caused them both to spin out in turn 1......so i would have to say that 92 deserved to go to the back as well as 91...... i say if they dont like the rules then dont race............

00 racing.....Cant Hang.....Cant Stay
st.stock38

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 01:40:22 am »

hey must have been a full moon the whole month of may or something?  Seem's there's been contreversy surrounding the 12 car the last couple of week's! 
number88fan

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 04:23:07 am »

I personally think the track has been running the best it had in years. I have seen a track get closed because of controversy and "biased" officials. I dont believe bias is the case here.
Glen has made it perfectly clear that if you show your ass you will pay the price. This isnt the first time a problem has shown up and been dealt with accordingly. I cannot comment on the specifics cause I wasnt there, but i gotta believe if someone has been barred for any period of time that there was a reason. The best course of action for everyone is to chill out and let the two week bar do what it is intended for and that is to let everyone calm down and not let the situation escalate. Keep in mind it is a sport and it is supposed to be for fun. Something we all can contemplate is this, if something happens to the track because of BS and unprofessional individuals, I hope you all have a stockpile of fuel to drive the 70-200 miles to race at the other tracks. We have to be able to support the track and support each other and be there to police each other and not let dumb things happen.
HookemHorns

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 04:46:51 am »

I DONT THINK I WOULD BE HAPPY BUT I WOULDNT HAVE THROWN A FIT.............ITS CALLED RACING FOR A REASON..... ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY ITS ABOUT THE FUN AND ENJOYMENT THAT U GET OUT OF IT.......THATS WAT I THINK ITS ABOUT........

00 racing.....Cant Hang.....Cant Stay
Grumps

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 04:55:21 am »

Well to borrow a wrestling term, the Haynes Boys are the ultimate "TAG TEAM."  I have watched them block for one another, run interference for one another and take cars out for each other.   The black cars only add to the drama!  It makes for an interesting race.  If you will watch them, with this in mind, you will see what I'm talking about.  They race the same way at Cleveland, Lufkin and Beaumont.  They are FAMILY.  They have each others' backs.  One would expect them to race that way!  On the other hand, I think the track made a fair call, by sending them to the back.  If you are an aggressive racer, you will at some point be sent to the back.  If that happens...GO TO THE BACK!  It is part of racing.  Don't argue with the officials and show your A**.  For Pete's sake, don't hold the show up with all of this nonsense.  Take your slap on the wrist and lets move on!   Grin Grin Grin Grin Cool Cool  Cool Cool
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 05:28:28 am »

I walk up and down the staging area to shake the driver's hands because I enjoy having the track and I enjoy giving the driver's a place to race.  I apologize if the officials have not done some of the same things I have, but they have their jobs to do.  The official on the backstretch is Paul Stelly (from HRP).  Attitude?  I don't see it, I see someone trying to do their job and let the driver's know where to go.  There are a few people who take a little more motioning than others.  He is simply trying to get the show going so people are not there until midnight.  Again, I appreciate the one's that see the big picture.  I want to continue to be able to improve the track and the racing in this area.  Together we can make this happen.  I look forward to seeing everyone next week.  Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.

Glen
st.stock38

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 12:48:45 pm »

what dose the color of the car have to do with anything? i raced at clevland every race last year and some at gtrp last year and never seen blocking, sure they was competitive but isn't that part of it!
 and truthfully i seen them rub on each other more than anyone else! Sounds to me like you got a few people that are mad cause they loose to them alot! and are jealous! jmo
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 02:03:55 pm by st.stock38 » Logged
number88fan

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 02:29:23 pm »

Hey Grumpss between faster Hobbystocks and "tagteams", you must be behind the eight ball, huh?
maddog

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 04:25:02 pm »

i watched that entire race, and they where all leaning on each other. when you are known as a rough driver or hard racer those kinda calls will not usually  go your way. they are suspended for there actions after they acted like children after the fact. as racers we all have had calls go for and against us, but this is nothing but entertainment and a hobby. i applaud gtrp for there efforts and love racing there Cool

Madison racing#3
Grumps

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 05:34:04 pm »

Huh Behind the eight ball?  WE are not behind the eight ball, we are just trying to win races.  When we are given a "bad call" by the officials, we don't show our a**s, we follow the rules of the track and go on.  AS A RESULT OF THAT:  We are not banned from the track and are still racing!   As for the "color of the cars"...you missed the whole point with that one.  Racing, for the fans, is for ENTERTAINMENT.  They know the "personalities" of the drivers, by the way the drive the car and how the car looks to them.  Controversy, like what happened Friday night, probably makes the fans want to come back more, to be honest.  NASCAR thrives on controversy and so does the local dirt track!  LET'S TRY TO KEEP-UP HERE!   
JeffBell8b

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 07:01:32 pm »

WOW!!!Wish i would have been there.Jeff

Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 08:06:40 pm »

dirtman,

I think you are missing the entire point here.  There is no doubt the Haynes' are fast, but the fact that they were banned for two weeks has nothing to do with anything other than what happened on the track and thus after the incident.  Glen does not have anything against either one of them except for the incident from Friday.  He said it from the beginning that he would not tolerate behavior that would harm the racers or the track. 

To number88 fan and maddog, thanks for understanding what is trying to be accomplished and in the end it will make it better for all of us.  I know it sure is nice to have a track close to home to go race at...

JJ
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: