Golden Triangle Speedway
April 20, 2014, 03:37:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Track suspension  (Read 3159 times)
00wallcrawler

« on: May 30, 2008, 07:30:38 pm »

I was told today that if you are suspended at one track you are suspended from the other tracks as well. I don't know about HRP and Gator but I know Basil will uphold Glen's suspensions.  Buster Deen
st.stock38

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 03:17:43 am »

and who are they talking about?  So when you get a ticket in louisiana you will get one at texas! bull crap!
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 04:15:31 am »

To comment on this as it stands.

There is discussion between GTRP, 105, and potentially another track that each will uphold the others suspensions.  The idea behind this is to make people think about their actions with more of a consequence than having to take a road trip for a week, two weeks, etc.  It would be a more sit at home and think type of situation.  The suspensions are the extremes of penalties and are very rarely given, and only when there is no other alternative in accordance with the rules. 

St.Stock 38 - "they" are not talking about anybody.  This subject has been being discussed for months and has not been talked about publicly due to some details that are still being worked out.  When all parties (tracks) interested in doing this are finalized then a formal announcement will be made. 

In the mean-time don't worry about this stuff, simply go race and have fun and don't get yourselves in a position to worry about it and this will never effect any of you.

If everyone would worry about racing and having fun than the rumors and drama caused by people talking everyone would have a lot more fun at this!

GTRP
00wallcrawler

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 07:50:33 pm »

This is not widely known and I don't want to have to send anybody home after a long road trip so I posted it on here. It is not aimed at anybody the last people suspended at GTRP were in the street stocks and by the time the street stocks are back on our schedule their suspension will be over . I just wanted to let everybody know for future reference.   Buster Deen
number88fan

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 11:30:50 pm »

I didnt mean to go off on a tangent, I just think the track is running smooth and its been a long time since I have seen that. I think Glen and his crew have done a great job and I hate that this got blown out of proportion. It really isnt my business and I know for a fact I won't put my self in a position to be suspended anyway. With that said lets go racing!!
byproduct

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 07:08:14 am »

Sanctioned punishment, but no sanctioned oversight.

I'd like both you guys to come to my home, just so I can tell you to leave based on the rumors I have heard.

I think I now believe them.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 07:14:56 am by byproduct » Logged
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 05:21:33 pm »

Byproduct,

Think about what you just said.  "Your house," that is right, and this is very similar.

Just so everyone knows, the upholding of suspensions are for drivers that get into fights with the officials.  It has nothing to do with being light, or having a wrong carb, etc.  It is only for those children who cannot play fairly in the sandbox and feel that their one-night feature is worth physically harming a track official or potentially another racer.  The officials are there because they enjoy the sport, as it is definitely not for the monetary end of things.  No matter what the situation, it is never acceptable to harm an official or another racer, period.  I have said this many times and contrary to what some of you may think, am not going to back down on that.

Let me make this perfectly clear, since I have heard rumblings now and again.  This has nothing to do with the Street Stock feature from a few weeks ago.  If any of you all feel the need to not let it go at what it was, that is your perogative.  I am past it, and they are welcome back after their two weeks of that class racing is up.  End of story!

I hope to see everyone this Friday night!

Glen
HookemHorns

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 09:34:33 pm »

very well put glen

00 racing.....Cant Hang.....Cant Stay
maddog

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 11:25:44 pm »

talk about beatin a dead horse Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Madison racing#3
redroosterracing

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 12:51:36 am »

really   that ole horse is just bones by now!!!!!!   give it a rest , behave like adults, and shut-up an race   thanks

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
byproduct

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 01:59:02 am »

Byproduct,

Think about what you just said.  "Your house," that is right, and this is very similar.

Just so everyone knows, the upholding of suspensions are for drivers that get into fights with the officials.  It has nothing to do with being light, or having a wrong carb, etc.  It is only for those children who cannot play fairly in the sandbox and feel that their one-night feature is worth physically harming a track official or potentially another racer.  The officials are there because they enjoy the sport, as it is definitely not for the monetary end of things.  No matter what the situation, it is never acceptable to harm an official or another racer, period.  I have said this many times and contrary to what some of you may think, am not going to back down on that.

Let me make this perfectly clear, since I have heard rumblings now and again.  This has nothing to do with the Street Stock feature from a few weeks ago.  If any of you all feel the need to not let it go at what it was, that is your perogative.  I am past it, and they are welcome back after their two weeks of that class racing is up.  End of story!

I hope to see everyone this Friday night!

Glen

Just for clarification purposes... My comments are NOT related to anything to do with any of the present suspensions.
The posted comments about one track honoring anothers disciplinary acts is what prompted my responses.

I am happy to hear it won't apply to car infractions and such.

Myself, I think the suspension should apply to anyone assaulting anyone.
I'd like to see it spelled out in print as part of the rules so there can be no debate about it... leaving a TRACK AND OFFICIALS no choice in the matter.

And if your really serious about that... as well as tech....
write in the registration, a implied lien on the car, for the events duration, attach it to rules and safety infractions and mount a few security cameras so it can be supported in court.

Then you won't have to worry about pressing the matter at some other track until they build a new car.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: