Golden Triangle Speedway
July 24, 2014, 12:58:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 Rule updates.  (Read 12374 times)
GTRP
Administrator

« on: December 01, 2008, 11:17:17 pm »

OK, the long awaited updates are here.  Here are the updates by class.  I will update the rules on the web page ASAP so they will reflect these changes. 

TRACK SUSPENSIONS
The suspension of any driver for fighting or deliberate endangerment of lives or property of others will be upheld at the following tracks:
105 Speedway, Cleveland, TX
Gator Motorplex, Willis, TX
Golden Triangle Raceway Park Beaumont, TX
Houston Raceway Park, Baytown, TX
Battlegrounds, Highland, TX

PURE STOCK
Carburetor:
NO adjustable adapters or spacers.   
ONLY Holly 350 Carburator  (Part # 0-7448 Holly rebuilt #65-7448) will be allowed. NO MODIFICATIONS.
Removal of the choke flap is the only modification allowed.  Ram air or forced induction NOT allowed.

ROLL CAGE: No nerf bars allowed on either side.

FUEL: You can run gasoline only, no additives.

STREET STOCK

TIRES: Asphalt pull offs mandatory.  Barometer reading of 50.

Suspension Update
Steel IMCA Stock Car A-Arm part # 91034394 left/right may be used.)

HOBBY STOCK
Suspension Update

WHEELS and TIRES:  8 inch wide steel wheel is mandatory.  One bead lock on right rear only is allowed.  Must be a 60 series tires.
   ****You may run one 10î wheel until May 1, 2009*******

TRANSMISSIONS:  Automatic can run a minimum 10î converter.

LIMITED MODIFIED RULE UPDATES
CAMSHAFT/BLOCKS: Maximum of 4 bushings in the lifter bores. (Removed the word ìbronzeî before bushings)

LIMITED MODIFIED HEADS:
Current rule OR IMCA approved EQ head and intake part numbers as follows:

Limited Modified INTAKE Rule Update:
May use one of the following Aftermarket Aluminum Intake: Weiand GM #7547-1; Ford #7515, #8023 or #7516; Chrysler #7545; Edelbrock GM 2701.  If running the approved Aluminum Intake and/or EQ Heads, 50 pounds of weight must be bolted on anywhere in front of the engine mid-plate. Track officials may pull weights to verify. 
Total weight of car with IMCA heads and intake must be 2400 lbs.

Limited Modified Head Rule Update:
May use Engine Quest (EQ) Stock Replacement (SR) cylinder head, part number CH350I, head must remain as produced, valve sizes cannot be changed. If running the EQ Heads and/or approved Aluminum Intake, 50 pounds of weight must be bolted on anywhere in front of the engine mid-plate.

Suspension Update: Limited Modified

TIRES:
Hoosier 500 tires are required.  Tires may be grooved or siped. 

If you have any questions, feel free to call me. 
Glen
781-2801
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 04:22:41 pm by GTRP » Logged
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 01:51:16 am »

thanks Glen...looking foward to a great season next year

GB

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
Ace

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 02:13:57 am »

thanks for the updates...about to start getting ready for next season
JUSTME00

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 03:36:00 am »

HANX GLEN.. NOW I CAN MAKE SOME PHONE CALLS.
st.stock38

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 12:40:45 am »

guess there will be some beat up cars? wonder how we will keep getting parts to reskin cars! what is the thought behind doing away with the nerf bars ? just curious?
haulsas

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 03:01:39 am »

Not to be the first one to cause a question, but can you have a 4 barrel intake with an adapter to 2 barrel. If so what is the thickness rule for the adapter? Thanks for posting early and giving us plenty of time to make the changes. Looking forward to the 09 season.
Brian88

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 03:12:04 am »

Hey St Stock 38 I think the after market bodies would be a great idea. You could really make a street stock look different than the other full body cars by doing that too. Your right about finding bodie panels though I bet that is a Pain!!
haulsas

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 03:23:22 am »

I agree with St.stock 38 about the nerf bar removal. It helps to keep the cars looking good or as good as they can..lol... I know my door panels are in decent shape to have seen 2 seasons, but that is due to nerf bars. Either way, Glenn is doing that to allow for better car counts and to open up other tracks for us to race at if we rain out or maybe miss a night at Beaumont. I guess you gotta give something to get something...
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 07:01:50 pm »

Hello,
The idea behind removing the nerf bars in Pure Stock is so hopefully people will stop using those as a bumper rail. 
Be nice and don't bump each other. 

All tracks were going to this rule. 

Yes, can can use an adapter to change the 4 barrell into a 2 barrell.  There is only one adapter available (NON ADJUSTABLE ONLY)

And yes, the idea is that you will be able to race at other tracks on Saturday nights without a lot of changes to the cars.

Glen, GTRP
st.stock38

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 10:42:17 pm »

i could see the aftermarket body on a street stock not a pure stock! guess when the price of scrap metal was up in price alot of the salvage yard  crushed there cars. the parts we were able to find we very exspensive ! hate to see them get destroyed. the bars were a help to keep them nice.  like the new look to website!
cherokeeracer

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 02:28:06 am »

Glen,  I was wondering about the Jr. Mini class for next year.  This class was not mentioned in the rules update and still shows 2008 in the "rules" section. I sure hope you continue this class.
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 08:35:21 pm »

Because Jr. Mini's are a track class, we didn't discuss them at our meeting.  I will be reviewing those rules this weekend
and will post them on Monday or before. 

Thanks,
Glen
409-781-2801
rockin67

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 09:05:36 pm »

hey glen,   just wondering about the tire rules for hobby stock.  can we run asphalt pulls offs or just street tires?  the reason i ask is 15"tires 255 and 275 are hard to find without ordering them now. and the price of these have went way up. the pull offs would help with tire cost   

thanks  looking forward to next year
jhhuff2003
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 12:28:03 am »

What was the reason for changing the carb. rule in the Pure Stocks? Now everybody has to go buy a $300+ carb.Not really complaining (to much)just courious. And is there any chance of the Pure Stocks going to pulloffs in the future? These 15 in. radials are getting exspensive.

Brian88

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 12:42:52 am »

The Pure Stock and Hobby might benefit from running Hoosier G-60 and American Racer KK-704's also. You should be able to pick up some used ones from some of the Modified guys. (just a thought)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: