Golden Triangle Speedway
April 25, 2014, 05:18:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 Rule updates.  (Read 11922 times)
bigdog50

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 02:25:23 am »

I would like to try Hoosier or Amercian Racers because street tires like the 255/6015 and 275/6015 are about 100.00 ea.Sometimes you have to order them but the rules are done so maybe next year.Anybody need to buy some 10" rims and beadlocks.Hope to see yall march 6th and at the banquet next month. Grin
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 03:27:32 pm »

Hobby Stock tire question:

Asphalt pull offs will not fit an 8" tire, so you can only run DOT tires.  It was discussed using the KK 704's at the meeting. 
It was thought that if someone did well using those tires, some people would feel they had to have them to compete.
That would just be another expense.  We are listening to the responses we are getting concerning the tires, so this issue will
be revisited next year. 

Pure Stock Carb question:

To get everyone running the same carburetor.  The money being spent on the quad-jet carbs was getting way out of line
for a class that is suppose to be for entry level racers.  This way we can level the playing field and encourage more racers
to join this class.  We also felt this was an easy way to police the carb.  Please DO NOT show up with a modified carb.

Pure Stock Tire question:
No, we will not go to pull offs.  Again, Pure Stock is an entry level class.  This class is for new drivers to gain experience and
possibly move up, and for drivers who just enjoy racing but don't want to spend a lot of money to keep their cars running.
We would like to keep this class as close to stock as possible.

If you have any other questions, please call me.

Glen,
409-781-2801
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 03:52:08 pm by GTRP » Logged
st.stock38

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 07:53:22 pm »

you don't think 90.00 to 100.00ma tire for a street tire is exspensive ? gonna have to come up with something!
OhWonRacin

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 08:15:49 pm »

Thanks, JustMe00< you have a LOT of calls to make!
rogracer2

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2008, 01:32:39 am »

quick question...the way I read the pure stock rules...are motorcycle helmets no longer legal?
randy seals

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2008, 02:36:35 pm »

Just my opinion, but you all may want to hold up on the carb in the pure stocks because it looks like gtrp and willis are the only ones going to it. you might want to keep up with the other website www.houstondirt.proboards57.com

The baytown, battleground and possible 105 cars won't be able to come and race with qjets. just giving you a heads up.
haulsas

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2008, 05:33:51 pm »

Thanks Randy,,,
Elmo

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2008, 04:06:39 pm »

The biggest crazy thing is the pure weigh's 3400, the hobby 3200, and the street stock 3300.  Why do hobby's get a weight break more than anyone else?  Considering the majority of the cars out there are metrics, maybe the rule for pures could read: 3200 to 3500 pound cars only.

That 350 holley rule sounds like a great rule to go on limiteds, along with the G60. Shocked

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 05:47:05 am by Elmo » Logged
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 09:19:49 pm »

Answer to some more questions:
quick question...the way I read the pure stock rules...are motorcycle helmets no longer legal?

Checking into this for you, will get back to you....

Just my opinion, but you all may want to hold up on the carb in the pure stocks because it looks like gtrp and willis are the only ones going to it. you might want to keep up with the other website www.houstondirt.proboards57.com

The baytown, battleground and possible 105 cars won't be able to come and race with qjets. just giving you a heads up.

GTRP & Willis will stay with the 2 barrell carb regardless of what the other tracks do.  This class is an ENTRY class and we will continue to try and get the rules to reflect an entry level class.  Randy, if you have any questions or would like to talk with me about this, please call me at (409) 781-2801.

Quote from: Elmo
link=topic=2203.msg6283#msg6283 date=1228665999
The biggest crazy thing is the pure weigh's 3400, the hobby 3200, and the street stock 3300.  Why do hobby's get a weight break more than anyone else?  Considering the majority of the cars out there are metrics, maybe the rule for pures could read: 3200 to 3500 pound cars only.

Good question.  The weight is what it has been the last few years.  I will look into where the weight came from.  Maybe the Hobbys need to gain some weight??? Wink
rogracer2

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008, 10:58:04 pm »

I'm not saying we should do this, but if pure stock is not supposed to have anything gutted (hood, trunk), the weight would be closer to 3600.
bigdog50

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2008, 11:25:04 pm »

I think the pure stock weight should be 3550 and street stock 3200 and hobby stock 3300 thats my opinion .The rules are out so let it go and lets go racing on march 6th Shocked                    ps I think street stock should be able to run any carb like in the old days there just choking the motors down with holley two barrels.
7s bomber

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2008, 12:14:16 am »

So much for all the tracks working together. Proof positive why racing in this part of the world is so low key compared to elsewhere. For once owners of all tracks meet and it looks like a unified rule book. Til whiney ass racers primarily in the houston area began the crying game. Pure stocks wanting to keep 4 barrel carbs is the biggest cry of all. Whats funny is up until about 2004, the rochester 2 barrel is what was run at motorama and silsbee.

Somewhere, people lost sight that purestock(aka bomber) is a ENTRY level class. I like the direction the class is headed now. Going to the 2 barrel makes sense. But you have people in the houston area that would rather run the rest of their lives in the lowest class just so they feel like the big fish. Well news flash guys. Your just a big fish in a very small pond. You want to go faster, move up.... you think you have talent.... prove it. Quit winning week in and week out in a class thats intended for our future racers. I think 105 speedway "giving in to the tears" just shows that its not always the betterment of the sport that promoters look at.... when thats what it should be all about.

I appreciate what your all about glen. You have my respect for stickin to your guns. Thanks for looking out for what can make things better, cause in the end... if you make it better... everything gets better. Your crowds, your car counts, and the bottom line.

P.S.- since the stands got messed up again. Maybe you guys could look into moving them back like they were in the early 80s and let the staging area be right in front of the stands again. Just a thought. Fans would eat that up!

S Bomber/Outlawstock/Modstock/Purestock, whatever...lets race!
st.stock38

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2008, 04:28:57 am »

i'm sure gtrp and willis will have lots of followers with that junk 2 barrell! and i don' t think it's about going faster, i think it's about buying a carb you can only use in one class.  i don't know about you but i already got a shelf full of parts that are obsolete. ie heads, intakes, carbs. where dose it end. did this junk carbs come on a mid 70's cars ?
randy seals

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2008, 04:54:03 am »

7s :'( :'( :'( :'(you broke my heart, really cut me deep. :'( :'( :'(
number88fan

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2008, 11:15:34 pm »

I was wondering who thought up the iea of a street stock with a 2 barrel. I know it has been that way for years but why have the expensive, fast motors if you are gonna choke em down. Since I was a kid that has been the fastest stock class that you could run. This is just something that has bothered me an I figured I would ask.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: