Golden Triangle Speedway
April 20, 2014, 10:19:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3-6-2009  (Read 3896 times)
bigdog50

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 11:06:07 pm »

What do you mean Mad Dog lol Grin I like to bend the floorboard and then some lol i just hope my little ole motor will hold up to all that.Hey Randy i was going to bring Mad DOG Scott Madison with me sat. to bg BUT!!!! HE had to do some late night things going on so he woke up late sat so we didnt go.Randy i weighted about 3600 lbs after the race in 105 if you can believe that i wasnt able to get around Billy 5x he had his car flying i tried everything i could i even hit the wall a couple of times just couldnt pass clean it was a good race .Randy i think i raced this 63 car (jOHN) when bg was open last if this is the same car i dont know but that car was fast and ran clean i hope the track is tacky on march 21 but with the wo late models IT WILL BE TO YOUR LIKING !!!!!!!!LOL YOU LIKE POWER HOUSE DRY !!!!!! i like wet and TACKY THATS THE TICKET!!!!!!!!LOL.Whats the pay like with that car count and did they keep the track smaller or did the put the back like it was back in the old days and what final gear are they running.Later i need to clean my old car . Grin
randy seals

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 06:47:05 am »

they payed a full purse which was a good thing since how I got two second place finish's this weekend. sure needed it. The track is as big as it ever was, lots of side by side racing. it was like watching the old bg again. scott likes those wet tracks too doesn't he. bring him with you. we are fixing to change over to a real dirt racing tire in the street class so I will be moving back up for a while. finally got rid of the pulloffs. thank god
maddog

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 10:46:10 am »

i'll be there on 21st. I like dry slick bubba, anybody can drive on a tacky track. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Madison racing#3
bigdog50

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 12:44:29 pm »

Whatever Mad Dog lol, only good thing about dry slick is that its easier too clean your car after the races.Thanks for the reply Randy and will all the tracks go away from them asphalts, thats why i didnt go to street stock last year. Those tires are junk and thats why there car count is down ,i remember when hrp had about 25 cars every week and the best racin of the night and hrp stop running the class i liked watching them.What tire will that class run now i have a friend in that class and would love too change he hates that asphalt tire, but he only runs at gtrp will they change.Well good luck in street stock and maybe i will move up someday lol like next year if everybody changes the tire rule. And Mad Dog i dont mind runing on dry slick and NOT EVERYBODY car run on a tacky track it showed friday night lol i think it makes for better racin but what do i know lets just go racin whatever the track conditions are.Lets do it in the dirt
HS89

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 08:27:30 pm »

I agree with you Keith, it doesn't matter the track conditions, let's race. Unfortunately it is going to be a couple of months for me. We are in the process of putting a new chassis together. We had one built by Destroyer in Dallas. After the hit into the wall at the grand, the other one was toast. It really didn't hurt my feelings none because that chassis and I didn't get along at all. Hopefully soon I will be back and see what happens. Good luck everyone.

2007 Outlaw Stock Points Champion
maddog

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 10:50:26 pm »

i here ya big dog. that 620 gear against that 748 Shocked Shocked Shocked did not work for me, but i will get it lined out you can bet on that. looking forward to battleground next week, it should be awesome. congradulations on your first win of the season. Cool Cool Cool

Madison racing#3
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 11:06:03 pm »

hey what gear does a hobby run @ BG? I am trying to get setup for a run there but dont have a idea on what gear. And congrats Keith on your win...you run that car super smooth in those corners. I hope to get there one day.

GB 00

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 11:12:12 pm »

Hey HS89 did you have any luck with destroyer chassis? we were going to get one but we decided against.

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
bigdog50

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 03:32:22 pm »

Mr Brown i will be running a 656 with 275 tires i ran that before they closed bg that was a good gear or you might try a 622.What do you run a standard or automatic,i have a182 & 176 that i change.Do you plan on running on march 21 at bg let me know its going to be wild and fun.Also the 00 & 11 cars look and run very well thanks for running in hobby stock and supporting the class Thanks The Big Dog #50
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 04:47:19 pm »

I run a standard tranny. But i am looking for a 175 if you know of one that someone wants to sell. I am glad that everyone ran clean and hope to keep the car count up for gtrp. Looking foward to some good races this year.
Thanks
Grant

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
HS89

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 05:49:02 pm »

Grant,
My brother-in-law runs a Destroyer chassis in street stock and he likes the car. I don't know yet because we haven't got it together yet. All we have done is the rearend is in and we have mounted the pedals for the brake and gas. Hopefully we will be able to paint the chassis soon. The chassis itself looks really good and Darryl at Destroyer does good work. I have looked at pictures of some of their cars that have taken some pretty good hits and they have held up. Hope to be racing soon.

Jody

2007 Outlaw Stock Points Champion
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 12:34:55 am »

yea...well good luck and hope to see you on the track soon.

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
7s bomber

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 08:32:02 am »

Just wondering, but aren't the starts of the race supposed to be double file. The start of that one hobby heat was horrible, and had I been in the back of that heat i would have taken this issue to the flagman. I understand the strain of getting thru a show quickly and efficiently, but that was pathetic.

What constitutes a green flag at the start of a race exactly.... Im just wondering before I show up and see a start to a race like this one in particular. Someone clarify before I show up. Please.

S Bomber/Outlawstock/Modstock/Purestock, whatever...lets race!
randy seals

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 09:53:57 am »

you got me, I was riding around waiting on someone to pull up beside me and they never did. the light went out so I took off.

I hope to see all the hobbies at battleground for the woo latemodel race. They will be paying some extra money in our class I heard. Grin Grin Grin Grin
bigdog50

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 09:36:07 pm »

Randy i will be there because it looks like we won't be racing anywhere this weekend.I guess i will change my trans this weekend and get ready for battlegrounds next sat.It's going to be wild and i hope there is alot of hobby stocks.See you next sat. Grin Grin Grin Grin Shocked Shocked Shocked   P.S. Randy do know if the #50 is taken at bg in hobby stock or do i need to go ahead and regsister on line to get my #
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: