Golden Triangle Speedway
September 19, 2014, 09:43:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RACES AT 105  (Read 5362 times)
bigdog50

« on: March 30, 2009, 02:29:10 pm »

How did everybody come out at 105 speedway i seen pic of gtrp cars but no results.I bet it was a late night or early morning getting home  Grin Grin Grin Grin
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 05:36:04 pm »

I won my 1st heat and got 3rd in the feature. I had a couple of incidentes with guys trying to take me out but if that is how they want to race well i will have to adjust how i race. Now i have to do a little work to my car. If 105 doesnt clean it up well then you will not see the 00 or the 11  car there.

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
bigdog50

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 06:24:15 pm »

Hey Glen good job sat night and how did everybody else finish.I like racing there,its a good track to race on and it gets tight sometimes i had to adjust to the tight racing because of the track and alot of hobby stocks.Its not like gtrp where there is 15 cars every week they get about 25 to 30 every week i wish some of those cars would try our track sometimes but if we had 25 cars on gtrp it would get tight too.  p.s. I wish i could have made it sat to race with yall BUT I HAD SOMETHING COME UP !!!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 02:59:32 am »

well the thing about that is they only had about 19 cars there. there was just no need for them to race the way they do. if you cant pass clean then dont pass. we all put alot of time into our cars (well most of us) and we dont need anyone sliding up the side of them trying to take us out. Thats is just my thoughts on that.

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
7s bomber

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 07:24:34 am »

Those words coming from you 00. I will remember that next time you banzai slide job me like you did at battleground in the feature 2 weeks ago. Grin But no big deal. Luckily you caught me on a day where I took my meds. Wink Thats a joke brother. Just be a little more careful before you slide job someone, its a good way to lose a RR tire and maybe get turned to the wall. I checked up and turned right to keep you from getting the corner of my bumper which woulda took your tire out. I know your a rookie and going thru a learning curve. But not everyone is as nice as I was at battleground on that given night. I think you found that out in cleveland this weekend.

I will tell you something about 105 from my experience there last year. Beautiful racecar I built from the ground up with my good friend. We spent 3 months with chassis prep, roll cage construction, body construction, the whole 9 yards.  Raced that car at motorama all year without a scratch in the paint even. Til around august I get this great idea to go to cleveland to run with them guys. Needless to say the first lap of the feature they got me in the left rear quarter panel, by lap 12 I was in the infield with the rear end housing bent so badly the axle wouldn't come out of it. I swore then and there I would never go back again. Its fun to go race off at places you won't see every so often. I have raced at alot of places myself. But that was the only place I ever said I would never go back to.

One of these weekends 00, you gotta get over to glenmora louisiana. You will have to run streetstock over there but it is one of the funnest tracks I ever been to. Finished 7th in streetstock last time I went there. And should we ever have another rainout, and MANY Motorspeedway is open, I suggest that track to you as well. Just don't tell them what you weigh til after the heat races. They have a class up there called pure stock that is 450 lift cams, double hump heads, and UMP takeoffs. I went up there one weekend last year and ran my radials against them and blew there doors off in the heat, then they started wondering what I had. So I had to break the news that I only weighed 3200 at my home track. There rule was 3400 lb. But considering their superior tire and head rule, they let it slide. If you go up there be prepared to test some rod bolts. Its a 1/3 mile track and fast. With a 708 final in my car I turned 7200 at many. But it was so much fun! Grin

S Bomber/Outlawstock/Modstock/Purestock, whatever...lets race!
bigdog50

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 12:51:22 pm »

Glen did you do that to 7s i dont know i didnt see it at bg.I like 105 but i have had a fender tore off but thats ok i still won the race.I raced with Billy Jones the 5x nose to tail and had a good race and finished second it was fun and tight i just couldnt get around him clean, i like that place and the people that work their and the guys i race against, its to bad i need to work on my house or i would run for points there
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 01:04:25 pm »

Well if he said i did i guess i did but i dont remember hitting  7s. I was talking to billy @ 105 about what happen and he knows the gentleman and how he is. but it is over i just felt like saying my piece. I like 105 to i am not saying i dont like the track. All i am saying is that if we were at GTRP the black flag would have be warning guys.

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
randy seals

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 01:24:17 pm »

25 hobbies at 105 saturday night not 16
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 01:34:14 pm »

oh my bad...hey randy why werent you at racing 105 sat?

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
bigdog50

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 05:50:02 pm »

I will be running my 650 gear for bg at gtrp friday dont fill like changing gears.Hey randy are you going to make it to gtrp friday we need all the car we can get in hobby stock and bring other cars if you show up.With the track closed one week and a rain out the next week more cars might be finished and show up,so lets have a good car count friday and sat i will be at Texas Motor Speedway til Monday so lets race Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
rogracer2

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 07:25:47 pm »

Hey Keith - I will make it this week - running hobby stock this year with my big monte carlo. -Rogracer2
bigdog50

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 08:02:01 pm »

Hey Grant sorry i called you Glen my bad but good race sat at 105 lol Grin Grin.And Rogracer2 thanks for moving up to hobby stock glad to have you in our class and what made you move up to this class see yall friday
rogracer2

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 09:41:09 pm »

I was hoping to move up to limiteds this year, but the deal fell through when I didn't sell my car. So with the rule changes for pure stock requiring a Holley 350, I figured if I'm going to spend more money on a carb, why not get a Holley 500 that might get used again down the road if someday I do get into the limiteds.

Besides...I thought you guys need a backmarker to fill up the field!

Just don't run over me too bad when you're lapping me!
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 12:16:34 am »

Thanks and no prob keith. I am sure i am going to get called alot worse than that...lol Grin Hey does anyone know when GTRP has a big race or do they have a big annual race?

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
rogracer2

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 01:45:09 am »

There's normally a big race in Oct-Nov timeframe, but I haven't heard about this year.

However, I did see that Gator has $1000 to win for hobby stock this Saturday.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: