Golden Triangle Speedway
December 20, 2014, 10:02:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleaning garage--85 Monte Carlo SS bodies (2), BBC parts  (Read 2051 times)
Ghostdiver

« on: April 20, 2009, 09:22:01 pm »

I've got a friend of mine who is cleaning out his garage.  He has two 1985 Monte Carlo SS bodies with clear titles.  One has an engine (SBC) and one does not.  The one without an engine was a theft recovery so interior is partially gone/gutted.  Perfect body for race car!

He also has trailer full of engine parts including small block and big block items that he may be willing to get rid of also.  If I remember correctly, there is a complete 283, disassembled 468 (o-ringed block), and several other items.  I also have a 468 that I never got around to putting together.  It has oval port heads that have been reworked for the larger valves.  Engine through a main bearing.  I have a replacement steel crank for it, rod and main bearings, as well as rings.

Not enough time to play with the toys anymore, so they need to go away.

If anyone is interested, email me at wch330@swbell.net or call me at 409-718-6268.
pbrown

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 02:42:00 am »

call me i want the cars

409 755 3165
                         pat brown
bigdog50

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 01:42:20 pm »

I would like to buy one car or both also call 409 659 2103  Grin Grin Grin  i gess we can bid on them
pbrown

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 08:15:02 pm »

we can have an auction lol
dirtworks52

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 10:24:00 pm »

if i wanted the cars i wouldn't leave my number for him too call, i would call him on the number that he left.  i don't understand why yall do that. Huh Huh Huh Grin
pbrown

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 02:39:10 am »

i already did that geraldine
pbrown

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 02:41:53 am »

sorry i thought you were dirtbag           my bad
Ghostdiver

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 03:38:05 pm »

Ok, this is for everyone that has called me, emailed me, and posted for me to contact.
Since I dont check this board that much, I would prefer that you email me or call me and leave a message if I dont answer since I cannot get to my phone while at work.  If you did post just to the board, I would not exclude you though.

Anyway, I have told some of you what the situation is with the cars.  But here's an update to to original post.

Neither car is running, neither has a drivetrain, both are rolling chassis (i.e. they have stock diff), one should have complete interior for the most part, one was a theft recovery with partial interior.  Both are black, straight hardtop bodies with no frame damage.  Possible that some spare body parts are included (doors, nose, trunk lid).  If it matters, both have titles, however, theft recovery title was never transferred from salvage co.  Some of the emails I received gave the impression that the person is interested in a street legal car or one that can be made street legal easily and cheaply.  This is not the case--IMHO, these cars would be best made into circle track or drag car only.  But, it's your money and decision.  The cars are being offered as is so dont expect the power windows, cruise ctrl, etc to work.

Now, for the rest of the story.  the owner would prefer to sell both together.  One is easily accessible, while the other is not.  The other one is in a garage that has alot of hurricane damage.  The ceiling of the garage is partially collapsed, but not on the cars.  The garage is very unstable, and neither one of us want to be in it jacking around for very much time.  He is looking to demo the entire garage.  What this means, is if you have access to heavy equipment (ie backhoe, bobcat, etc) he indicated it may be possible to work something out on demo in exchange for cars.  However, you must have a way to dispose of the debris (ie roll off box, haul off, dump truck, etc). Garage is a oversize two car garage with an attached four car garage behind it.  The back garage is where one of the Monte Carlos is located.  He also indicated that if someone has the ability to demo the building, they could pretty much take the entire contents of the buildings and storage shed behind it. 

It is for this reason, that this will not be a quick deal.  I am going over there this afternoon to get a better idea of what the condition of the garage is in, get measurements and possibly take pictures.  It was also mentioned that if someone wants to demo the garage in addition to the Monte Carlos, there are two Corvettes (87 partial, and 89 complete-not running) that might be thrown in with the deal if the person is interested.

As far as what they are worth, I really have no idea--you need to tell me a rough idea of how much you would be willing to pay for them.  If it's more trouble to sell the cars, then he did discuss having a company come in to demo the ENTIRE garage contents included. 

Several people have emailed me, several have called me, and I have to call some that have posted here as well.  I am going to post a list of who was first and go down the list.  If you dont have access to demo the building, you WILL NOT BE excluded from this, its just if you do, it would go alot faster. 

Also, the cars are located in Groves.  It also goes without saying, but you would have to have a way to load them--No delivery service offered...

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 09:14:34 pm by Ghostdiver » Logged
Ghostdiver

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 04:18:32 pm »

Ok, below is the list of people that have contacted me via email, phone, or on here in the order in which they have contacted me. This is the only place I have listed the cars, so everyone saw it on here but I dont know everyones screen name, so it's listed with their first name and last four of their phone number if they provided it.  Please, if you call me--leave a message.  I received a call from someone that didnt leave a message and didnt email me so I dont know who they are....

1. Ronnie 8505
2. Lee (email)
3. pbrown
4. bigdog50
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 07:44:21 pm by Ghostdiver » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: