Golden Triangle Speedway
August 28, 2014, 07:01:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: street stock  (Read 4935 times)
PeteDuoto12m

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 12:50:25 pm »

It's A Stock 90 Lumia Body.{STEEL} Not Aftermarket  The Rules In Houston Our The Same As GTRP. Quit Crying
Jungle Bunny Tuner
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 01:24:27 pm »

I agree with Haulsas. They need to start running compression checks and pulling vacuums. Which vacuum can be beat with lazer cut cams. So, lift needs to be checked ever so often. AND, in the Pure Stock Class there are several cars with altered chassis, running different subframes under their bodys. Then there are bodies that have been moved back on the frames.
00wallcrawler

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 01:43:36 pm »

Jungle you either helped these cheaters or you can spot it from the stands either way you should apply for the tech job .
jbtuner
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 02:08:29 pm »

After 30 yrs of going to the races and having built numerous engines for cars ,I can walk around and listen to cars and tell who the cheaters are. I have a car in pure stock now, that can do as well as the cheaters and is as competitive w/o cheating and is legal every way. I can take 800.00 and run down a 2500.00 engine w/o cheating!!!!  They wouldn't give me the job at the track, because to many of their best buddies would be disqalified. The PROTESTING TIME IS NEARING!!!!!
jbtuner
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 02:33:27 pm »

What??? No takers on that???
randy seals

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 02:41:18 pm »

talk is cheap buddy. put your money where your mouth is. Grin
haulsas

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 02:47:13 pm »

I believe you, set up can makes all the difference in the world, even more than the motor size or all the illegal krap some jack ass can come up with. I would love to see someone tech by what is wrote in the rules, look at the suspensions and the whole car....
number88fan

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 02:50:18 pm »

hey dirtbag, if it hadnt run better this week it might have been for sale, lol. that car has put us through the paces. that is the first car that i have seen built from start to finish and i can honestly say i dont ever want to do it again. it took us over a year and a half with dad being sick and all but we got it done.
haulsas

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 02:51:25 pm »

Randy Seals is proof, I have seen him at several tracks,,,that means different tech barns at each one with different tech officials...He always wins, or finishes in the top. His brother is the same way. I saw tech guys at Cleveland crawl all over that car. Didn't find anything.  
haulsas

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 02:58:04 pm »

Hey, JB Turner, loved what you wrote about the chasis being moved and A-arms moved back. Next time you are at the track, stand by the weight rack. Look at the cars wheel travel as they go across, most are metric, so their tires should land on the rack frames with about the same gap toward the front and end of the scales. Some cars have 3-4 inches some have 6-8 and so forth,,,it's funny when you watch them go across...I learned that from an older racer like you,,,,if you arent doing it already, try that next time.,,,you'll start laughing,,,
jbtuner
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 03:02:40 pm »

Randy's probley one of the few that doesn't have to cheat to win. But, you can put your money on the protest thats coming soon. There will be a lot of broken hearted Pure Stock drivers. Not every winners a cheater!!
haulsas

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 03:08:01 pm »

Your right about not every winner being a cheater....Look forward to the protest, I will be laughing my a#$ off  that night,,,,,
jbtuner
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 03:09:47 pm »

Hey Haulsas, I know what your saying. Thats what I'm talking about!!!
randy seals

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2009, 03:35:09 pm »

the protest policy is the best rule in the book. but it never gets used. I paid to look at big dogs car last year and lost my money. I considered him a friend then and still do. no cussing, no punches and no whining. he made a little money and I learned something about his car. but I got to look and check it myself. What I don't agree with is everbody getting to look for free.

jbtuner
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2009, 03:48:32 pm »

Didn't know thats the way it was these days. In the old days, the owner, driver and mechanic of the car being challenged and the challenger and his mechanic were the only ones allowed to view the challenge.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: