Golden Triangle Speedway
August 01, 2014, 05:44:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ASCS race  (Read 2846 times)
redroosterracing

« on: April 26, 2009, 03:28:39 am »

Went to races friday nite and i enjoyed the races all the way till the rain.   I dont drive a sprint car, but that sure looked like a stupid (OOPS) careless move that Jason Johnson made on that lap car in the B feature.  Man, im glad they ok, but he sure tore-up TWO race cars by being impatient with a lap car.   Glad that wasnt me, might have would  have a few words on that one.    better luck next time!!!!    great car count guys and the same on the spectators!!!!!

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
pitguy

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 02:36:50 pm »

opps NO that was the bigest A#$H^%$ move there was Johnson should be parked.That is a great way to hurt someone.I crew on a ascs car and that is not the first time he has taken guys out.He is a pro racer that races for a liveing.The kicker is when he got of the car he went to the other driver and ask why did u get in my way and what were you doing with this f%$%ing peace of junk on the track.the other driver wasn't even out of his car yet.There was no need at all for that flip Like I said ascs should park him.Most of the gulf south drives fell he needs to be parked.I would love to find vidieo of that flip.
redroosterracing

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 05:56:07 pm »

whew   was wondering if i was the only one to see that!  Yeah   he is lucky that guy didnt have a talk with him by hand for tearing up his race car for that stupidity    but you know his family just turned the other cheek     yeah    used to race under Keith a forest hill speeedway     I DIDNT SEE THAT HAPPEN    HUH?Huh    OH well wasnt my car!!!!

pitguy

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 01:21:47 am »

your right funny how the Johnsons turned there cheak on that but that is what hapens when your dad runs gulf south.I know Larry Hartwell and talk to him all the time.Larry is as quiet as they come.He said that when Jason ran up to him started cusing him out he was still straped in the car and trying to get his head back on straight.The safty crew ran Jason off from Larrys car.It is not a matter of if he hurts someone it is a matter of when.Your right he don't care he don't foot the bill for his cars.If ascs will not park him I would love to see some of the tracks we race at tell Kieth Johnson Jason is not welcome to race at there track because they don't want him to hurt someone at there track.
bandit

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 08:17:54 pm »

i also wrench on a ascs car, and it disgust me everytime jason shows up cause we all know he is gonna tear up somebodys car. he had no right to talk to larry that away! larry is one of the nicest guys there every weekend. jason johnson is a joke!!!!
pitguy

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 09:39:01 pm »

I know cars are going hit each other and flip that is part of raceing a sprint car or any car but to run off in the corner leading by half a lap in a b main come on uncalled for.I know some one that talked to Kieth yesterday and asked what he was going to do and he said nothing.He said that national guys run into each other all the time so he asked if that ment we can just run into people know.He told kieth that unlike Jason we pay our own bills and that with them not doing anything is bad for the sport.This not parking him stinks.I guess it is who you are.We have had national drives run with us all year and they don't run over people.I SAY BAN JASON FROM THE TRACK.
bandit

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 02:26:51 pm »

i vote to ban him!!!!!
pitguy

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 05:52:31 pm »

You and almost all the gulf south drivers.Lets see Golden Triangle step up to the plate.
racechic

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 04:22:43 am »

yes i was at the races too, yes i feel sometimes jason is a little to aggressive but he is just racing hard. i feel some of the racers are not racing but they are just out there making laps. (too slow). if yoou cant keep up take it to the pits, even if you are mr. nice guy! i hate to see anyone get there car tore up. but accidents too happen in sprint cars. but i mean seriously if your getting lapped dont try to race the leader. thats common sense. as far as banning jason, thats really uncalled for! first comes a warning, then suspend them. i love seeing the bigger car counts even if includes the national tour guys! it all makes for a better race! as far as keeping up goes...pretty sure someone is going to say "cant keep up with jason johnson"...well everyone has the same thing. pretty sure he passes tech everytime! if you cant keep up in gulf south my best suggestion to you is 305's or SST!!!!!
racinjason75
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 05:32:38 am »

Wink
hey racechic!  i was not at the races but this incident has been discussed by many. i talked over lunch with some racers that were there... this sounds like, <without seeing> just a bone-head moved from a driver that should know better...

had this been from a rookie or less experienced driver...it would most likely been tolerated with the driver hopefully learining a lesson. had this been the last lap of a "big race" feature and was for the lead...it would have been tolerated even with jason doing it...

this was not the place nor time for that move...

did the car getting passed even know it was the leader?
was he  getting lapped for the first time?
was he in a transfer spot  for the feature?

it seems like ZERO blame should be on this driver...slower or not..it is the passing drivers responsibility to make certain the pass can be made without incident...

AND...

the reaction of jason after the crash makes the incident even harder for people to swallow...

had he offered an apology for his bone headed rookie move, and questioned the other drivers well being... this would already be over!!

thanks for accepting my opinion!

dirtworks52

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 12:46:05 pm »

sure passes tech everytime because they never pull an engine apart Roll Eyes Shocked Cheesy Kiss Kiss
pitguy

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 02:16:32 pm »

Ok racechic fist give him a warning how many cars do you let get tore up befor U warn him That is already a long list of cars he has tore up.We have one behind our shop he ran over.We are not slow he fat ran us over.I know Larry isn't the fastest car out there He knows that he isn't the fastest.Some times you miss the setup and you buy your time hopeing the track comes to you and you can get a few spots or transfer to the A main.Larry never raced Jason he held his own line didn't go up or down.Also not all motors are the same.Hell not even the crate late models have the same motor.We love the nation guys that come run with us we like the high car count.It is great for the fans.If you keep letting this happen there will not be a car count.There was no need for this wreck.You don't see other drives just running into people like that and taking people out.I say if you can't use your head then you should be parked for a while to clear you head.
105X15

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 02:23:32 pm »

I wasnt at the track when this all went down.Its bad that johnson wrecked two cars.I did see a very disturbing event at willis.I believe they were under red flag.They started pushing cars off and johnson car wouldnt fire.One of his crew members was doing something around the engine.The rules say no crew member can work on the car unless push to the infield and that car starts in the back.That was one they just didnt see. Lips sealed,racechic maybe johnson needs to go back to the 305,s and learn how to drive.Racing is racing but being dumb is no excuse.
360sprint

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 09:00:53 pm »

JMO, could it be that the lapper in question did cause the wreck, from the several i've talked to-YES. Does Jason Johnson drive hard-YES. Should he be banded-NO. Come on people, this is one of the top sprintcar drivers in the country, does he make some mistakes, why certainly, don't ALL drivers from time to time. Now question the Johnson family, if it weren;t for Keith and Craig, the Gulf South touring series would never be as sucessful as it is now. Now for the ASCS crew guys that want to complain, thats your privlegde, but better yet go to the Johnson hauler or to the Johnson officials and voice your compaint in person, that will make much more of an impact. And ASCS crew guys, while you at it, tell your own driver to "get up on the wheel" and outrun Jason, that might help your feelings. Thanks for listening
redroosterracing

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 01:55:40 am »

sorry i started this topic guys and gals    didnt meen to stir up the stink that much!   I APOLOGIZE     now   does that make it feel better?Huh

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: