Golden Triangle Speedway
November 01, 2014, 01:02:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Double J Customs" home of "Growed Up Wrong Chassies"...THUNDER TRUCK RACING?  (Read 1160 times)
haywood272000

« on: May 30, 2009, 01:26:28 pm »

Ok Kyle, Im taking ur advice and see where it goes....... Im from Nebraska and moved down here a few years ago and just love the track and what the  new owner is doing with it. I build racing chassies and about to open for buisness. Heres why Im here. I have built something different that I have always had a passion for and just know it could turn out to be a big hit down here just like it has up north when we built the first one in 1996. I have built two dirttrack "TRUCKS" but have not finished them because of miss communication between me and the last track owner. A divorce and lack of funds plus alittle nerves of how the other racers would respond. Finding sponcers has been difficult also because knowone wants to gamble on "Different" Im the one with the moc up Craftsman Truck series chassie. dont know if I really want to sell it because I was building a "MOD STOCK" out of it to your track rules and it was just gona have an 02 shorttrack chevy truck body on it. The other track owner told me no, they was not ready for something like that yet so bound and determand I took a 1971 chevy truck and minus a few small bars left to put in, the rollcage is done. I wanted to build a hobbiestock out if it. I came on here to get your and maybe the trackowners responce to what I have built and maybe see if I could find some help with a few hand me down parts, the funds to get them finished or make what was my dream become someone elses.Yall are a pretty tight little family and would love to become a part of it eather as a racer or a builder. Just looking for some help because I dont know anyone down here.For pics of what they they look like you can look up Johnny Greenwood on facebook.com and go to my photos. The 2 chassies are in the album marked the new house. Thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 01:58:43 pm by haywood272000 » Logged
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 03:47:16 pm »

Haywood,

I think the biggest thing is to make sure that the frame you are starting with fits what is stated in the rules for that particular class.  As far as the sponsor funding, things are tight right now for a lot of people.  That is just going to be a tough task until things loosen up some more with the economy.  I am not saying it isn't possible, but definitely tougher than what it was two years ago.  I hope you are able to find out more information as far as the rules as you are questioning.  You can find the class rules on the website and if you have more question try to contact Glen.  I hope this helps and Good Luck.

JJ
haywood272000

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 04:22:01 pm »

"JJ" thanks for the comment. As for what Im building.............I fallowed the rules to a "T". The chassie fitted for the 02 body, well put it this way. Take the baddest Monte Carlo out there, tear it apart and bolt everything up on this chassie. You wont have to do anything but turn wrenches, its already ready for the parts. Brackets, hangers, buckets and jack bolts on all 4 corners, shock mounts, upper a-arm mounts, engine set back mounts in the right place, quick steer mount, steering shaft hiem mount, power steering resavor mount, seat mount and harness mounts, window net mounts, battery box and tie down, fuel sell cage, pull bar mounts panhard bar mounts trailing arms, its been fitted for a Grand national 3 link style, Ive had it mocked up so many times. You dont have to do anything but add your parts to it then slide the 02 chevy truck body over it. The 71 chevy pick-up, again to a "T" could be a purestock if you want it to be. I havent fitted it for the 9in yet. Everything is stock. You think if I could find some hand me down parts they would let me bring the 71 out to play?
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 04:45:37 pm »

Haywood,

I am not sure I am following, because there isn't a class out there that allows pull bars, or 3 link style suspensions at GTRP, 105, or Gator other than the modifieds.  Therefore, you could come hot lap, but it doesn't seem to fit into a class that is run on a regular basis.

Brian88

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 04:48:50 pm »

JJ I think he is just saying the mounts are there which doesn't necessarily mean you have to run them. He could still have the stock mounts there too which should make it ok!?!?

Haywood,
 There was a truck that use to run in Lufkin, He now runs a Limited, but he use to wear those guys out in the street stock class. I think it would be cool to have Truck body on a Street stock. Something different to look at. I found some Trucks on You Tube that were on a modified chassis, I think, they were hauling the mail!! Very FAST!!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 04:51:41 pm by Brian88 » Logged
haywood272000

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 04:56:56 pm »

Thanks Brian, that is what I ment. Everythings there to go any direction the rules will let you. Just go to my facebook and see for yourself. Every racer that been in the garage has the same look in there eye that I get.
haywood272000

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 05:10:12 pm »

Would really like to get the 71 done first as a Hobbiestock just to see the responce it gets. Thats why i was looking for the hand me downs, wheels, tires, 9in gears, shocks, ect. Not that I really want to but I guess for $1500 it could be someone elses dream
haywood272000

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 05:02:14 pm »

Huh :-\was really hopeing to go somewhere with this topic. I know people are interested because at least they're looking but Im not seeing any feedback. I want to know if its a good idea or a bad idea.You would be serprised just how fast it caught on up north. Just watching 18 or more Dodge, Chevy and a few Ford full-size pick-ups 1960 threw today running just as hard as the hobbystocks get'n sideways 3 wide in the corners is pretty freakin cool. Maybe if someone wanted to build one with me it would be better to see 2 or better at the same time. Sence I bend tubbing and weld chassies Im sitting on a few more trucks. Ready to replace your old car? Bring it over and we'll transplant all your good parts over into a truck chassie. Hell sence Im just trying to get started come get this 71 chevy i already have done and Ill build me another. Anything! Just want your input on this.
butch1965

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 10:38:59 pm »

Haywood, it is easy to be a part of the racing family in Beaumont. If your not able to build a racecar for yourself because of economic reasons, find someone that has a racecar and offer to help them. It can be mechanical, physical, etc. and does not have to be money. Just being involved with a car at the Track will put you in the middle of everything FAST. Nine years ago I was not going to Dirt Tracks, I had been involved in Drag Racing, I started helping a Pure Stock driver for 2 years then kept getting more involved. What I am trying to say is just jump in, it's easy, and before long you will be friends with everyone at the Track.
I hope this helps with the Racing Family part of your post, the pickup truck part is another issue.

If you would like help finding a race team to work with, I know of several that would like your help. I am easy to find.

Butch Doyle
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: