Golden Triangle Speedway
October 22, 2014, 01:24:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GTRP Hobby Stock Race  (Read 2729 times)
bjm

« on: June 13, 2009, 04:21:01 am »

CONGRATULATIONS 11 JOHNNY BROWN ON YOUR 1ST WIN!!! Grin  I KNOW UR DAD IS SICK ABOUT MISSING IT, and 00 GRANT BROWN ON TAKING 2ND PLACE.
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 06:05:13 am »

Congrats!!!

JJ
dirtbag

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 06:05:58 am »

good job johnny  Grin Grin Grin
BrownBros#11

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 06:17:07 am »

thanks BJM, JJ, and Dirtbag! Its a great feeling to finally get a win!
bigdog50

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 03:08:56 pm »

Good job on your first hobbie win Johnny #11 i was in 3rd watching it all and on the last lap in 3and 4 you pushed and almost let Grant get by you lol i bet you said not this time Grant lol ,I hope your dad can make next weeks race and get well soon
BrownBros#11

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 05:27:12 pm »

Thanks bigdog... yea you know how it is with your first win, you just cant get to that checkered fast enough lol i told him if he would have passed me i would have came out swingin!! lol  Grin Grin
cherokeeracer

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 11:08:35 pm »

Congratulations #11 on your first win.  Shelby did not race friday night because of a wedding and I got to watch the
    whole race instead of one car.  You did a great job!

However, I do have a question for Glen.  What was up with lining a lap car (#2) for the re-start in the second spot? 
    All nine cars that passed him in a half lap did a great job of not wrecking!!!  This brings me to another question. 
    Have ya'll given any thought to a minimum speed a car must maintain or so many laps down and you are done for
    the night?  I am a big believer in the fact that everyone has a right to come out and race.  However, once a person
     is more than two laps down they are a slow moving speed bump that can change the outcome of a race and tear
     up cars.  That is what happened to us two weeks ago.  Everyone can have a bad night.  We have had plenty! 
     That is the way you learn how to drive and hopefully new set-ups that will work.  But come on,  if its that bad
     they are racing for $25.  That has been our pay a lot of nights after finishing on the lead lap.  And they can tear
     up way more on other cars than $25.  I know cause it tore up ball joint, upper A-arm, spindle, and a decent finish.
How do you other drivers feel about this?  I watched Big Dog miss the same car by inches about five times the other
     night because he was just creeping around the top of the track.  That is not racing! 

This is a great class that we love racing in!  I'm just thinking of how it can be better for all. 

See ya'll,      #29 Dad
rogracer2

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 11:44:05 pm »

Well, this is the #2 car, and I hope I wasn't in the way too bad last Friday. I felt like I stayed in my line, and I purposely slowed down going into turn 1 on that restart so I wouldn't push up into the cars pasing on the outside (I was lined up on the inside). Unfortunately, I had no rear brakes last Friday, and I was pushing real bad going into the corners, so I drove it extra slow on the restart until the faster cars had gone by.

I've been working on the car all year, trying to get it to handle better in the corners. I feel like I've picked up some speed coming off the corners, but I have had problems going into the corners.

#29 Dad, I have no problem with anyone telling me I'm in their way. I hope the flagman lets me know during the race. But I also know I was not lapped 5 times last Friday. I wasn't lapped until something like lap 13 or 14, and that was after continuous green flag racing.

Also #29 Dad, was I involved in an accident with your daughter a few weeks ago? I don't remember that, but if I was the reason, I sincerely apologize.

I really am trying to improve the car's handling so I can be more competitive.
mlp911

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 11:55:50 pm »

if your having handling problems i will offer to help with advice or even bring it to my shop and put it on my scales
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 12:24:35 am »

i second that if you need any help brown brothers racing will be of any help that we can....

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
redroosterracing

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 01:59:12 am »

thats y i race at gtrp and not in la

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
cherokeeracer

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 02:46:00 am »

Rogracer2,

First of all, I had a problem with the line up and not you!  You handled the situation very well and that helped everyone racing.  But let me ask you.  Did you want to be lined up on the inside of the first doubled up row right behind the leader considering the issues you were dealing with on that particular night?  I sure wouldn't!

As for the handling problems I can identify with that 100%.  We have worked on ours all year with the help of some very experienced racers and finally are seeing a little progress.  As I said earlier, this is one reason we go race.  We all (hopefully) are continually trying to get better.  However, sometimes, no matter how hard I (we) try, it just ain't our night.  In my opinion, 1 lap down on lap 13 or 14 in this group is no reason for shame and not what I'm talking about.

About the wreck, you were not the car.  Also, you were not the car I said Bigdog passed repeatedly last friday night.

And finally, I am probably not the person to ask for advice, but if I can ever help anybody I will be glad to do it!  As redroosterracing said, we race at GTRP because we have always been accepted even though we are "out of towners" and could go to other tracks with a shorter drive.

Later
rogracer2

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 03:07:37 am »

Thanks for the clarification #29 Dad. I didn't know if you were blaming me for some on-track accidents.

No, I did not want to restart on the inside. I actually lined up on the outside, and the starter pointed me to the inside. I stayed on the outside, but coming off turn 2 the other official motioned me to the inside. Thats when I made the decision to get out of the way on the restart, and I actually went to the edge of the infield on the front stretch on the restart and slowly pulled back up in turns one and two, hoping I wouldn't cause a stackup behind me.

By the way, I am one of those dirt track racing fans that decided a few years ago to jump out of the stands and buy a race car - with no idea what I was doing! I remember it was "autograph night" at Speedway 90, and I finally took the plunge, went on the internet, and paid way too much for a beat-up big Monte from a guy near Dallas.

Never done any mechanical work - that's actually one of the fun parts about racing for me - I feel like I'm always trying to solve some handling problem. But I will be the first to admit, many drivers have been very helpful at the track and on the phone when I have a question. I feel like I've become part of a racing family, and I appreciate everyone that has helped me so far.
cherokeeracer

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 03:47:43 am »

I understand. We all "took the plunge" at one time or another.  Come by out pits some time, I would like to meet you.
maddog

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 04:31:12 am »

Grin Grin Grin

Madison racing#3
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: