Golden Triangle Speedway
October 21, 2014, 02:58:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GTRP Hobby Stock Race  (Read 2727 times)
haulsas

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 04:43:35 am »

I like watching you race and like your demeanor while racing....I dont know alot about racing,,,hell I am still learin, but will help you in any way i can....I do know that you are always ready to help anyone and happy to accept any ones advice. I have known you for about 3 years and you are and always have been a pleasant racer and person to be around...I hope you can get your car lined out and make it to the front where you belong...and from what I know of gentleman that started this conversation,,,he will help you,,,,he's a good guy from my experiences with him, and someone that will help you......just a genuine kind of racer that has a daughter out there that he just wants the best for...I hope you make it to his trailer and say hi...if not,,,i bet he will make it to yours,,,,like I said earlier,,he as well as you are good people...,,,,,,,see you friday.....
bigdog50

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 02:18:58 pm »

Thanks for calling last night about your car and i said over the phone i will help you with you setup but i don't have any scales to weigh your car.Last and only time i weighed and scaled my old car it would not turn left and damn near knocked down the wall in the heat race lol Grin Grin Grin Grin so i set my car best i know how i can get your car close but there are others out there like Mike Pevey, Brownbrothers that have the equip. to get it better but i will do all i can to help need to know (spring rate ,what kind of shocks,and tire size,off set wheels)i'm glad you talked to the 29 over that issue on the this post.P.S. if somebody is getting laped i would hold my line because the flagman might not give you the move over flag in time so don't make any moves top or bottom the racer will get around if they have to split the car there getting around.I thought with 5 laps to go the lap cars go to the back but the laps change from week to week 15 laps to 20 laps and you might get cut short on some laps if they want to finish the race early that night  so might they not have not know where to put Roger #2 with the race winding down or foregot about the 5 laps to go rule,who knows lets just doit in the dirt Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
cherokeeracer

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 05:40:27 pm »

Hey bigdog, do you think there should be a minimum speed we should maintain in order to stay on the track during the feature?  Or should a car be left alone and let him "ride around" no matter what?

Maybe its just me because we got tore up because of it.  I don't know.  That's why I am asking what others think.  As for my girls, I have always told them that if they went two laps down during any race, to come off the track and get the heck out of the way!

Also, as much as I enjoyed talking to #2, he is not the car we got tore up by.  I have not had a problem with him and still don't.   Who the car was is not even the issue because I am talking big picture here and trying to make the racing better for all involved.  (i.e.  the leader of the race that could loose because of this, other cars that could get tore up, and the non-competitive car that could get tore up)

By the way, I have a set of scales if you or anyone else needs to borrow them.  I couldn't tell you what numbers you need to shoot for but I got the scales!

Ya'll may like working on your car better than I do.  I hate it but the racing sure is fun!!

Let me know what you think Bigdog
bigdog50

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 08:56:04 pm »

I can tell you this i was in cleveland a couple weeks ago and i was running in the back of the pack  after a flat and the car running lean (and it's still running lean this friday but i think i found it sunday in the timing) with about 5 laps to go and Kirby leading I PULLED OFF the track so i wouldn't get in the way plus i don't like getting laped lol,because at some point or running order you only get 25.00 or at 105 you atleast get 35.00 or 40.00 i gess that depends on the car count though. I know what your saying but this is a hobby and with laps winding down and problems with your car I WOULD PUT MY SELF in the back.Ihave worked on my car for a solid two weeks and alot of driver do the same and they want to stay on the track aslong as the next driver on a given week to get seat time or try to find a problem with there car, the leader just need to go around and the slower traffic need to give room in the corners but i have lost, won, tore my car up and even wrecked the leader my first year racin lol Grin Grin with lap cars.After my first year in 1998 after tearing up my car every week i learned how to drive and set my car up alittle bit because my car now i built back in late1999 so gess i can't answer your question lol Grin Grin Huh Huh look at it this way Nascar has the same drivers every week finishing laps down and they don't radio them off the track but they do get to a point and can't finish in a better position and come off the track Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh so i don't know the bigdog lets doit in the dirt ,  thanks for the post cherokeeracer and thanks for bring two cars are so every week to gtrp
cherokeeracer

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 11:45:02 pm »

I hear what you are saying and you make some good points.  NASCAR does have a minimum speed and will pull drivers off if they can't meet it.  However, this is not NASCAR and I know it.  I will shut up about this now and we will dodge the slow ones as best we can and they can dodge us the best they can.

But let me say this to all Hobby Stock.  We are trying out dangdest to get better EVERY week.  Sometimes I miss the setup and we look like crap.  If any of you ever have a problem with us or our car, come see us and let me know.  We want to be competitive and run up front but we also want to be a good member of the class and mindfull of all the other drivers.

Got to go work on the car.
#29 Dad
Grumps

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 03:50:22 am »

Grin Grin  Well hell...let's just all party at #29's pit Friday night!   Grin Grin Grin Grin   LMAO!
bigdog50

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 04:11:54 am »

Hell yea i can do that  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin see yall friday maybe i'll run alittle better lol Grin Grin Grin Grin my pits or 29 it don't matter i'm always looking for a good party lol Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy after the races but they #29 have a long drive to Lufkin
cherokeeracer

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 11:06:38 am »

Amen about the long drive!  Bigdog, you and Mr. Grumps can party long as you want to after the races in my pit cause I won't be there.  HaHa.  Good luck on running better.

Mr. Grumps, how much fun would you be at a party with a name like that?

Later!
HS89

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 01:49:17 pm »

Cherokeeracer
First I want to say that the 29 car is improving every week. My opinion on the slower cars is it is our job as racers to find a way around them. Everyone, especially rookies, need seat time. The more seat time the better the racer. The best thing for a driver to do when the see the move over flag or know the leaders are coming is to hold their line. I hate to be coming up on a lap car and they see that flag and they move over right in front of me. Anyway, good luck on Friday, we won't be able to make it this week.

PS - I am glad to see another girl in our class. I think that makes four of us now in hobby stock.

2007 Outlaw Stock Points Champion
cherokeeracer

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 05:44:35 pm »

HS89,
    Thanks!  Your new car looks good!  I understand and agree about a faster car is to watch for and safely pass a slower car.  I also understand about the seat time because we are still in that boat ourselves.  It just seemed like to me on the week we got tore up that a couple of cars.........

Anyway, it is good to see you girls racing.  It is fun to win and even funner to see a grown man about my age hacked off because he just got beat by a girl/woman!!  I will say though, the men at GTRP in the Hobby Stock have been all class and welcomed Shelby from the first night on.  That's cool!

Later!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: