Golden Triangle Speedway
October 23, 2014, 02:53:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: limited modified tire war......  (Read 3940 times)
tac5573

« on: June 15, 2009, 05:16:23 pm »

i am going to battleground this weekend, and i am going to run a timed lap during intermission on the ar500, the old hoosier, and the street radial that is on the hobby stocks.. i am willing to bet that there isn't more than a second difference between all three.. why wouldn't everyone want to run the radials again?? they are not going to slow these limiteds down very much at all... look at the hobby stocks, even being a thousand pounds heavier, with about the same motors, they are only about a second slower than the limiteds... and you could run a radial four times longer (if not more) than a ar500 or the hoosier.. i put a brand new set of ar500s on my car right before the feature at cleveland the weekend the ascs show was there, and by the end of the feature, they were GONE.....(burned completley up)...  With the way the economy is right now, who can afford to spend $200 every week on rear tires, and every 3rd or 4th weekend $400 for tires all the way around??? and that is without any accidental tire damage, just plain old wear... all this tire war is going to do is have a whole lot of limiteds sitting in the shop because they can't afford to run, and make the racing around here boring as hell seeing the same cars with the deepest pockets winning every weekend at every track... bring the dang cost of this (SO CALLED ECONOMY MODIFIED) back down, and watch your car counts grow.. watch the racing tighten up, and watch the fans start showing up more often..... use your heads people... i will post the times of all three tires on here after this weekend so everyone can see the difference....

Buddy Costlow
                                                                       #55 limited     (for the time being) lol
redroosterracing

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 07:37:47 pm »

Not a limited reply BUT, I heard at FASTRAX the street stocks can run either radials r kk704s and the faster cars r on radials     just my 2 cents

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
tac5573

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 01:26:56 am »

anything to equal the playing feild out without having to spend my entire paycheck on tires... i'm all for it...
00wallcrawler

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 02:26:56 pm »

Buddy while you are at it time a lap with the g60/ kk704. The reason for not going back to a radial is the axles wont handle that heavy tire starting and stopping out on the wheel. Since the race tire was allowed the axle and wheel coming out together reduced dramatically. My vote would be the g60/kk704 the northern sport mods already run it.
dirtworks52

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 11:47:02 pm »

IF U BUILD IT RIGHT IT WILL NOT COME
racinjason75
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 02:55:58 am »

AIR PRESSURE IN THE RIGHT REAR KEEPS AXLES FROM BREAKING....

AND CHANGING TO REAR DISC IS WHAT REALLY HELPED...

CAN YOU NOT RUN A RADIAL NOW?  YOU HAVE TO RUN THOSE OTHER TIRES?

WE BROKE 2 AXLES IN TWO YEARS...BOTH IN A WRECK! RUNNING TWO NIGHTS A WEEK!

<LUCKY MAYBE>
tac5573

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 07:31:14 pm »

we are supposed to be running the c-clips and disc brakes... this should stop the axles coming out all together...
tac5573

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 07:33:59 pm »

you cannot run a radial according to the rulebook..  but i think you will be just as fast on a radial.. i think they will actually be a better tire for all these dry-slick tracks around here...lol.... they may take a little longer to come in, but once there in, they will stay there, unlike the racing tires we are on now that starting giving up grip after about 10 laps...
Fergie2589

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 02:51:41 am »

I just dont see were radials are going to run with the racing tires we are running i drove limiteds back when we were on radials and the difference betwen then and now is about 10-15 MPHs  maybe more.   just my 2 cents

Special thanks to: God, Carlton & Dayne Wright, Showtime Signs, Racing Engines by CB, Speedway Contruction, Rashall Racing, Silsbee Family Medicine, PDQ Plumbing, LC Electric, Pat Foreman Racing Heads, Kountze Enterprizes, A-1 Rentals, Family and Friends.
Bradley 8604

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 04:58:43 pm »

I would suggest getting yourself a hobbystock if you are that concerned with tire cost. And also if your tires are giving up within 10 laps I think you to tune your air pressure and or chassis. If you should be worried about any cost in this class, worry about the 7000.00+ engines that are being built. And this is fact as I have been pricing over the last two weeks!

Bradley Foster
bigdog50

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 05:36:51 pm »

Bradley are you joking about the front runners running motors that cost 7000.00 plus,Thats crazy lol Huh Huh Huh i would like to try some limited tires on hobby stock because the radials 90.00 each.The limited tire might not hold up with heavier hobby stock car i don't know i would like to try a set, i think there cheaper than a radial but you can't get a road hazard on them lol Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
cherokeeracer

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 05:46:48 pm »

Yes bigdog on the $7,000!!!  From what I understand from some friends in Lufkin in that class, $7,000 would be a cheap motor!

Later!
tac5573

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 10:04:06 pm »

bradley, there is nothing wrong with the setup on my car...  and as far as moving down a class, if you read the rules, you are not suppossed to move down, only up.. seems to me like the guys that can afford new tires every weekend, a 15000 chassis every year, and a 7000 or better motor need to be in a damn ump instead of thinking they are doing something by beating up on a bunch of cars that have half the equipment they do.. ( you guys should be proud of that lmao) and yes, these ar500's do drop lap times after 10 or so laps...put them on a stop watch yourself if you don't believe me.. i have been running cleveland, and every week the track goes dry, like every other track around here.. when it is just dry, you might get 2 weekends out of a set of tires.. but when it rubbers up like it did when the ascs show was there, a brand new set was gone after the feature.... beaumont and baytown were not as bad as cleveland, and i cant speak about battleground yet, but i will see this weekend..i got 3 weeks on a set of rears at beaumont.. could have used a new set after the second weekend, but i spun them around on the rims and got another weekend out of them.. the guys that can afford to put new tires on their car every weekend, have a huge advatage over the majority of the cars out there..as far as the engines are concerned, i am very aware of the cost.. but the fact is, if you put these cars back on the radials, these big motors will not be as much of a factor as they are with these soft racing tires..
tac5573

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 10:06:38 pm »

and i am not saying run the radials against the racing tire, i am saying they need to change the rule to where everyone needs to be on the radials, or the g60 they run on the norhtern sportmods to equal the playing feild out, and lower the weekly cost of running one of these cars..
tac5573

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 10:08:56 pm »

00wallcrawler, i will be glad to test the g60 as soon as i can get my hands on a set...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: