Golden Triangle Speedway
December 19, 2014, 06:18:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: limited modified tire war......  (Read 3999 times)
randy seals

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 10:53:08 pm »

Level the playing field?Huh Thats what the asphalt pulloffs were supposed to do for the streetstock class! NOT HARDLY! same people winning no matter what. tires won't change a thing with who's winning. The street tires will last longer though. There is no doubt about that.
Bradley 8604

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 12:38:43 pm »

Tac,
 Sorry for my comment on your chassis. The ar 500's we have ran this year have held up a bit better than you say. And this several races were in cleveland. Maybe breaking two engines and having fuel cell ripped out contributed to longevity!!!! Im not here to argue with you all though  I will say this The limiteds have been on race tires the entire time I have been in the class and i am pretty sure it will be very hard to convince the biggest class in this area to go to a radial,about as hard as is it was to convince them to run crate engines only.I respect your opinion, but disagree about radials. If I had it my way, we would have 602 crate engines and  g60's.

P.S. Still no engine, so if you need help, I would love to shoe your car in the tire test!Or anyone that needs a driver for that matter...(getting a bit anxious)

Hey bigdog...i need to borrow your back up hobby motor for the limited!!!
tac5573

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 05:37:54 pm »

the g60s are were i want to go as well... that is a harder tire compound than what we are on now.. all i am saying about the tires now, is that the softer they are getting, the faster they are going to wear... if we were all still on the original hoosier 500 i wouldn't have a problem with that, but now with the ar500, hoosier came out with an even softer tire in the new hoosier 500, and now ar is in the process of releasing an even softer ar500.. where is it going to stop??? anyway, i will be at battleground this saturday with all the tires i have.. if anyone wants to test a set of g60's and you would like to bring them, i would be happy to test them out... just a few timed laps, no wear on them...all i have is the old hoosier 500, the ar500, and the radials off of a hobby stock...
Brian88

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 07:26:50 pm »

Well after reading this I want to give my .02 cents (you can leave it on the ground if you wish). I think driving style and set-up do have alot to do with tire wear. Prime example is look at Johno's tires aand then look at mine after a race, his will look almost new where mine will be feathered. There is something to be said for throttle control which I will continue to try and learn. 
 Now as for the AR-500's there IS a BIG performance advantage with these tires verses the Hoosier 500s. The AR500's are ALOT softer and should have never been allowed unless that was the ONLY tired allowed. All of the cars should be on the SAME type of tire. Having all of these tire choices will ONLY hurt the class.

bigdog50

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 07:57:53 pm »

Hey Bradley i would like to let you borrow but the motor but the engine is on the stand waiting to get freshened up it has about 2 years of hard racin on it plus i need to make it alittle faster because bubba seals already paid to see that motor  Grin Grin Grin lol.Bradley the funny thing about that motor is Bubba seals finished 1st and i finished 2nd at 105 and before i took the heads off he told the tech man my pistons where 15 ths. in the hole and the tech man checked and said how did you know that, i paid to look at his motor a couple of weeks ago lol Grin Grin Grin.So i need to change some things and i hope i did't hurt my motor in my car after last week running real lean i gess i will find out tonite lol Grin Grin Grin or the other motor will go in and not get freshened up if something goes wrong i hope like hell it don't Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin see yall tonite lets do it in the dirt
tac5573

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 07:22:58 am »

this was fastest of 5 laps.....
ar 500 time----------21.20 seconds
old hoosier 500------21.23 seconds
hobby stock radials--21.36 seconds

this was without really playing with the air pressure on the radials... this was the same air pressure in all three tires.... (point proven)

buddy costlow
                                                                                       #55 limited
pull bar

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 05:23:28 pm »

thats almost 2tenths after 20 laps of green flag raceing your lapped
tac5573

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 09:00:25 pm »

not if everyone is on the same tire!! and that was with an ill handling racecar.. if i was to have changed the air pressures up, and adjusted on the springs, it would have gone just as fast as the race tire if not faster.. the radial didn't give up as much as the race tires did... this was just to prove that the radial wasn't going to slow up a second or more like everyone thought...
Elmo

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 06:03:31 pm »

The Radial is NOT a better tire than any of the options listed.  It's obvious the best tire is the g60. Radials are heavy and expensive, period.
tac5573

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2009, 06:41:18 pm »

once again, i agree, the g60 is what these limiteds need to be on... i didn't have a set of g60s to test... i tested what i had, and this was just to prove that these radials were not going to slow a limited modified down very much... everyone was saying that it would slow them down a second or more, and i proved they wouldn't.. i think everyone here is in agrrement that something needs to be done about the tire war, and it seems that most are in agreement that we should all be on the g60. so i guess the next step is for the tracks to realize this... hopefully for next season..
00wallcrawler

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2009, 11:29:52 pm »

Call a tire shop and ask what the future of the 15 inch radial is since the no longer fit new cars ( since about 1998 ).
tac5573

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2009, 09:28:21 pm »

i understand that no-one wants to run a radial, i really don't either. i would much rather be on a light racing tire, but i want it to be one that is going to lower the tire expense in this class.. if you guys would read the whole topic i wouldn't have to keep writing this... the reason i tested the radial is because everyone was saying they would make these limiteds fall off more than a second, and i knew that wasn't going to be the case.. again, i think everyone is in agreement we have a tire issue for you track guys to hash out.. i also think its pretty safe to say that everyone is in agreement that the g-60 is the way to go for next season in the limited class.. so the tracks either need to get together and put us on the g-60 only, or pick one of these other tires, be it the ar500 or the hoosier, and run that tire at all the tracks and stick with it....i just hope in that desicision the track guys are aware of the ever growing softer side wall on these tires, and realize the softer they get, the faster they wear and that cost $$$$$$$$$$.................
Elmo

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2009, 10:23:29 pm »

What about the Hurst tires?  Are'nt they only $69.99? By all means, I don't see why a track would disqualified a limited for running a radial unless they were treated or something. Josh claims he can get radials cheap, so maybe some racers can run them against the G60?  I remember TOBA had some races against G60 cars and they were almost even, with TOBA on top. So, lets say a track gave you the option of the $100 G60 or the $70Hurst or the Radial, would that work? Undecided
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: