Golden Triangle Speedway
August 29, 2014, 11:58:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Special Thanks  (Read 3726 times)
BrownBrothersRacing

« on: June 27, 2009, 07:29:40 pm »

I want to say thanks to Jason and Jimmy Lewis (01 Hobby) for letting me run there car friday for double points night after my 00 lose the engine. I just put a jeff's performance power plant the cause is still be determined....i have rather large chuncks of piston in the oil valley and peices of the oil ring in the oil valley. Oil coming out of 2,4,3,5 exhast. Heads are gone also but didnt bend a valve or anything so i am kinda puzzled. any ideas? I have to keep it intacked for Jeff to look at it.

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
jlewis

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 08:30:06 pm »

Thank you grant, I got a hundred bucks, If you could do that for us about 50 more times we could getsome of  our money back we put in the car,  Im going to use it to buy another bike for the kids next week. Now we know what the car can do im gonna have to step it up, see yall friday.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 02:08:59 am by jlewis » Logged
bigdog50

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 11:53:09 pm »

All that happened and didn't bend or break a valve thats odd Huh.I would have thought the heads broke a valve causing it to explode a piston but you said the valves are ok thats real odd to me because i have blown up a few in my day all because of stock valves and cast pistons Huh.What did the rods do knock a hole in the block,could have been the wrist pin wasn't install right causing a crack in the piston when it was installed and and another thing piston to valve clearance after engine got some heat in it or piston to tight in block but it could a number of things i hate that the engine let go hope to see yall friday if you need something let me know.
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 02:05:27 pm »

The valves are still in proper adjustment with the exceptions of number 8 and it is just a little lose. I am sure the head is trashed, I'm not pulling it down until I get to Dallas so they can see and make sure I'm not doctoring nothing up. I have never seen piston pieces blown into the lifter valley like this one. It looks like a bomb went off. The front and the back of the lifter valve is covered in pieces of piston. Something lodge in the can shaft, lodged it forward because there is an indention in the timing cover. Dont really know until I tear into it Monday morning in Dallas. Thank you for your concern

David

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
JUSTME00

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 07:10:01 pm »

MAYBE THE TIMING CHAIN BROKE??? WILL THE ENGINE TURN OVER? DOES THE DISTRIBUTOR TURN? LET US KNOW WHAT THEY FIND. THANX..
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 01:41:53 am »

naw the block will not turn over. its jammed up somewhere

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
billy5x

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 02:21:41 am »

bet it throwed a rod and broke the cam jamming it forward and while the broke rod was spinning it beat a piston to bits throwing peices everywhere.....what do you think big dog 50.......havent you done that a few times?Huh?   call blaines engines in dallas....claimer short blocks with your choice of cams for $450.. www.blainesmotorsupply.com    click on the price list icon in top left and scroll all the way to the bottom for performace stuff...  www.citymotorsupply.com also in dallas,,just a bit more pricey.... both will also ship them to you but you have to pay or send a core so we drive
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 02:28:32 pm »

piston failure is the verdict....Jeffs performance is replacing the short block. So i will be back this friday. I am glad that jeff will stand behind his products.

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
31 RACER

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 02:58:46 pm »

Glad to here that he is going to take care of you.
We all know how long our warranties are good for on these race motors.
bigdog50

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 05:33:03 pm »

Hey Billy Jones 5x are you going to try our track out this week if your off friday.I glad jeffs engines warranty yall's motor i figered it was a piston problem and i know one thing after watching that race friday nite that 01 has a good motor and i'm glad we didn't have any restarts at the end of the race lol (YALL GONNA MAKE ME FRESHEN UP MY BACK UP MOTOR with these new motors in the middle of the year)lol see yall friday hope to have a good car count. Grin Grin Grin Grin
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 07:52:27 pm »

yup jason lewis has a fast car and he was kind enough to let me drive it on double points night b/c not racing on d/p's would have taken me out of the hunt. b/c you (keith) never DNF and you are always there...

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
bigdog50

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 08:46:32 pm »

Well Grant that old car of mine needs tender lovin care lol and i'm going on vac. this week But i told my wife we wasn't leaving unitl sunday because SOMBODY 00 OR 11 WON'T take a weekend of either Grin Grin Grin ;Dlol this is my last run at a hobby title last year i finished 7 point out of first because of ike lol you can't beat mother nature after this year I'M NOT running for points it wears me out getting to old yall youngsters can have it 12years is enough lol Grin Grin Grin Grin But i will still show up now and then lol,with my car #50 IT WILL STILL BE REGISTERED YEARS TO COME LOL
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 09:14:38 pm »

well the season is not over yet. brown brothers racing is coming after ya...  Shocked lets tighten up those seat belts for round two. lol

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
00wallcrawler

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 09:58:01 pm »

How are the heads?
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 10:18:02 pm »

one was ruined the other is ok

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print