Golden Triangle Speedway
April 21, 2014, 02:34:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dust in the grandstands  (Read 828 times)
Texasrose

« on: July 04, 2009, 09:09:09 pm »

Is there anything that could be done to reduce the dust in the grandstands?
It is really uncomfortable to have dust in your eyes and all over your body at the end of a long hot night. 
It may be a while before I go back to the races, just because of the dust.
The heat was bad but the breeze kinda helped out.
U Suck

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 12:24:28 am »

Texas, 

To some people, this is a part of the experience to others this is an inconvenience. When it is this hot the track tends to dry out. My advice to you is to wear some good wraparound glasses (safety glasses) and your friday night racing duds. You will get used to it after a while. If this is your first time out, it was unusually dusty out there. Don't stop coming out over a little dirt! Keep the kid in you alive and come play in the dirt every Friday night!
dirtworks52

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 12:35:54 am »

I heard these glasses help out a little better than wrap arounds.
http://www.etundra.com/Onion_Goggles-P12378.html?gclid=COqym82ovZsCFRmbnAodMRRcBQ
haulsas

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 01:49:03 am »

watch the wind when you pick your seat...look at the flag in the middle of the track....If its a sprint car night...just smile cause there aint no escape....live happy,,,play in the dirt...
bigdog50

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 05:35:06 am »

Yes safety glasses work real well on a dusty night and it's not that dusty every nite and yes the track could keep water in the water truck and make some fast laps around the very top and the inside of the tires in the infield when it's that dry and plus no rain in a month or so don't help either.So please don't let a little dust keep you from coming to the races just bring some wrap around glasses.Hey haulsas i guess i could bring my water guns and cool down the fans lol or would they get upset lol the kids would like it(ice cold water)lol or wet tee shirts lol Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
haulsas

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 07:03:59 am »

hey, I think that is a great idea..hell, with the heat, by the time they go home they will be dry as a bone...nothing sleeps better than a kid that has had a good time....nice little car ride and they are knocked out cold.......that was a  nice thing you set up with the bikes...your a good guy,,,I am glad we got a Big Dog at our home track....congrats to everyone that had a part in that,,,you may not get pointed at directly or recongnition that lays your name out, but people that do things like that when they dont need a vote, or someones endorsement always leave a void when they aren't around.....thanks again
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:18:17 am by haulsas » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: