Golden Triangle Speedway
August 01, 2014, 05:43:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: babbit/kitchenhoff  (Read 3058 times)
1racefanforU

« on: July 05, 2009, 07:08:11 am »

Huh Shocked okay we didn't make it to the race last night but we watched online and have heard several accounts of the incident by people who were there...okay corey messed up by getting out of the car and i got that...but did noone see kitchenhoff turn and drive straight in to ram corey?  from what i could see on the video corey beat him to the turn and kitchenhoff got in to corey so why the h@@@ did kitchenhoff feel justified in ramming him?  why was he left to race on the track after that and why was he able to race and not be banned like corey?  why in the h### can they not race at other tracks or even go watch in the stands?!?!  okay didn't tolleson just get in some kind of crap a month or so ago and not get to race at battleground?  well if the tracks are all sticking together on that then why was he racing at baytown the next saturday?  do the freakin rules not apply to everyone?!?!

sorry this crap just doesn't sit right with me at all...
st.stock38

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 07:47:58 am »

hrp don't follow the agreement the other four tracks do i guess! but all the drivers lost cause the parts trailer pulled out cause of it!
1racefanforU

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 07:54:03 am »

well hrp is following it for this time because seth angel told corey he couldn't race there either...he is out for 4 weeks and kitchenhoff should be too.
rageatvlawson

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 01:08:58 pm »

i wasnt there but if you watch the replay it looks like babbitt never comes around turn 1. I heard he cut across infield going after him so it would kinda seem like maybe kitchenhoff turned into him in order to not get hit in drivers door. Again I was not there and dont know either driver, never spoke a word to them. I just heard that babbitt cut across. I could be wrong
1racefanforU

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 04:02:12 pm »

i was told by someone reliable and not in the outlaw group that corey was sitting there when it happened...the dang video doesn't show everything...the announcer told us last night he got on to his camera man and asked him what he was doing and to turn it back to what was going on...i was also told that you could hear corey trying to put the car in reverse because he could see what was coming and he couldn't get the car to go into reverse.
1racefanforU

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 04:07:31 pm »

he did cut across the infield to catch up with the pack but he cut across the other side also...kitchenhoff waited and then turned in to him when corey was sitting there
rageatvlawson

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 04:19:09 pm »

Like i said i wasnt there and heard it from someone that wasnt there that heard it from someone that was there lol so info is probably off   
1racefanforU

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 04:42:16 pm »

yea there is a lot of talk going on from people who heard this and that...one guy told us last night that corey went to jail because he got in a fight at the wataburger...that didn't happen at all lol...lots of rumors...i just am so livid over frank being able to race last night after blatantly deliberately ramming corey and corey can't race or even watch...yes he messed up i agree but so did frank and he received no punishment for what he did.
dirtworks52

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 04:43:52 pm »

where did this happen at what track?
1racefanforU

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 04:56:24 pm »

beaumont friday the 3rd
HDM

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 08:00:00 pm »

well i was there and i didnt see what caused them to get together but kitchenoff wa sitting there after it happened and babbit took off went around then cut thru the infield pulled up to kitchenoff i couldnt tell if he run in to him or not but he sat there gunning his motor at kitchenoff and thats when kitchenoff turned down into him and babbit got out and that when he was thrown on the ground cuffed and stuffed lol thats what i seen until he came by me on the back of the fourwheeler handcuffed behind the dpsofficer
DRTRK23

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 12:42:59 pm »

we were standing at the fence in turn 2, Corey banked off Frank on the front straight, again going into 1, and stayed leaning on him through the turn until he finally ran across Franks left front. Frank turned the car around and stopped. Corey came around and cut across the track and came straight across towards Frank from the flagstand and when he got there Frank floored it and ran into him. Then the rest of the mess started. Corey was driving too rough for a heat, Frank shouldn't have retaliated but I woulda been confused of Corey's intentions as well if he was coming at me from the flagstand. He was not cutting across the infield to catch the field, they were behind him, besides, if he was catching the field how did he end up beside Frank. I don't know either driver personally and am not defending either one .... just putting the info out there.
T.Boram

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 03:37:59 pm »

i was told by someone reliable and not in the outlaw group that corey was sitting there when it happened...the dang video doesn't show everything...the announcer told us last night he got on to his camera man and asked him what he was doing and to turn it back to what was going on...i was also told that you could hear corey trying to put the car in reverse because he could see what was coming and he couldn't get the car to go into reverse.

Well I am the one that was recording this for the live feed on TDN...first off I didn't think this was something that GTRP wanted to promote or give any indications that this is okay to do so I turned the camera elsewhere. Second, who knows if there may be some children at home watching this and then they might think this is okay. Not everyone knows that YES the appropriate actions were taken, thankfully that the DPS officer just happened to be close by when this happened.

Either way it has it's ups and downs, catching it on film can help resolve the issue but at the same time someone watching this could get the wrong idea and think that this is acceptable. I just did what I thought was right at that time.

When the green light drops....the bullshit stops!
Everything I own is turbocharged!
00wallcrawler

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 05:02:23 pm »

Thank You T Boram ,it depends on who watches it as to what they see. Corey is more than welcome to come watch the races at 105 he just cant race. He did call Basil and was told no he could not race. GTRP made their ruling and we will respect that I know both drivers, both are good drivers but neither one is a saint. Evidently Corey took things a little too far. When the guy at BGS got suspended we also honored that and will continue . Buster Deen
st.stock38

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 07:25:53 pm »

at least it wasn't for ever!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: