Golden Triangle Speedway
October 26, 2014, 06:48:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: babbit/kitchenhoff  (Read 3188 times)
JSanford

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 08:50:44 pm »

First of all, I hope this thread dies a very quick death  Roll Eyes

I like Corey and Frank and both drivers share something very basic in common - they're HUMAN. Even as a minister I make mistakes everyday, some days I say things I shouldn't say, some days I don't say what I should have said, same with action, etc. I think what we need to realize is that with racing there is always going to be emotion that can either be your greatest asset in a moment of decision or your greatest weakness.

Hearing from those at GTRP who saw Corey that night at the office, they saw in Corey's eyes what I knew all along they would see, which was regret and desire to go back and do things differently. I can't wait to see Corey back out on the speedway, both at GTRP and Battleground.

To my camera man (Terry), I am sorry if I was rude in my approach toward you concerning the camera work surrounding the Corey/Frank incident, you did what you thought was correct at the time and I respect that in hindsight. All my mind could consider was one of the most famous fights witnessed by the racing world during the first television broadcast of the Daytona 500 in Feburary 1979. The France family owes CBS and that specific camera man a lot of $$$ for the revenue/attention that one broadcast caused. Again if I offended, I apologize.
T.Boram

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 09:52:12 pm »

Jon...you didn't offend me at all. I just didn't know at the moment which way we wanted to handle it. But anyways, I believe this is gonna die down pretty quick. You said it all pretty clear when you that they have something in common, there human! I know everyone makes mistakes because I have made my share too and they come with a price to pay. Let's just be thankful that no one was hurt and soon we will see them back on the track. You live and you learn right?!?

When the green light drops....the bullshit stops!
Everything I own is turbocharged!
racer88

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 10:50:58 pm »

well i agree with you jsanford 100% they are both human   but the question remains why is there only one punishment being issued  maybe the officials dont see the danger involved when you try to get even using a bumper all i keep reading is everyone saying at one time or another they were both in the wrong   but still one punishment?HuhHuh
dirtbag

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 10:55:56 pm »

Its over let it go.
RACER FAN 1

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 02:51:44 am »

This is my question. Is it ok if you assualt someone with your car and not try to get to them with your fist?  That crap started the previous weekend when Frank stepped on it at Battleground.  Noone ever likes to get passed but he (Frank) is notorious for that. 
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 03:56:33 pm »

well i agree with you jsanford 100% they are both human   but the question remains why is there only one punishment being issued  maybe the officials dont see the danger involved when you try to get even using a bumper all i keep reading is everyone saying at one time or another they were both in the wrong   but still one punishment?HuhHuh

There was not just one punishment.  There was one worse than the other.  This thread will turn into "I like Corey over Frank" or visa-versa issue if everyone is not careful.   The one thing to keep in mind from all of this is that this behavior is not acceptable.  It costs too much money for any of these cars for someone to lose their brain and start beating on the other cars, regardless of what happens.  This is magnified when two people are both doing it not to mention endangering the other 22 cars that already have enough going on.  It is unfortunate but tracks have warned and warned and Glen got tired of warning.  Donna posted about this on another thread if anything is not clear.

JJ
1racefanforU

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 04:08:14 am »

all i have been trying to say is frank did as much of a criminal offense as corey did...he rammed corey with his car...that is assault with a motor vehicle...it is filed by the da/police all of the time...out in the world that is what would have happened but on the track this is ok but fighting is not?  no, i am not saying getting out of your car and fighting is acceptable but it seems everyone else is trying to explain away and minimize the fact that frank could have seriously injured corey and anyone else who got in his way.  that is a felony...what corey did was a misdemeanor...get real now...frank was not punished to the extent he should have been when he was at battleground racing saturday and will be able to race this coming weekend as well.  u r punishing corey for a criminal offense as it is put in the rules...well what about frank's criminal offense?  rubbing is racing...they get in to eachother...that is not what i am talking about so don't go griping about that...i am saying that frank blatantly and intentionally turned his car and rammed corey and corey could have been seriously injured...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: