Golden Triangle Speedway
April 20, 2014, 03:36:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Track Drying Out During The Races  (Read 5710 times)
JBTuner
« on: July 08, 2009, 08:47:41 pm »

Last week the track was really bad after it had been ran on for awhile. Is there anyway ya'll can start watering it begining on Thursday nights, several times and a lot on Fridays ? Wetting it on Friday evenings is sure not getting it soaked in very deep. Just a hopeful thought, I know water is a jewel these days. But,last Friday night was horrible.
dirtbag

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:02:16 pm »

OMG
GreyBeard
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 09:10:44 pm »

dirtbag...u play dominos?
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 09:26:55 pm »

lol...they start watering thursday night and all day friday

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
JSanford

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 09:36:47 pm »

Last week the track was really bad after it had been ran on for awhile. Is there anyway ya'll can start watering it begining on Thursday nights, several times and a lot on Fridays ? Wetting it on Friday evenings is sure not getting it soaked in very deep. Just a hopeful thought, I know water is a jewel these days. But,last Friday night was horrible.

ROFL -- There have been some amazing posts on this board since last Friday night -- this one takes the cake! In the same way, I would like to suggest that Glenn start paying for my Dodge Charger to be washed every week since the dust makes it dirty while parked at GTRP ---  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy
bigdog50

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 09:41:40 pm »

Well lol Grin Grin this is dirt track racing at it's best the johno and cory and howard race was great and yes it was dry and dusty, it's hotter than hell out there this time of year and i think they already go out there and water the track around wed or thur.or both.If the infield would get soaked would cut down on the dust and maybe at intermission make a fast lap around the top and on the bottom inside the tires would cut down on the dust also, but it's just hot and if you water the track to much it's hard to roll a track in with just the race cars with out wide tires and what if it rains early friday morning after you soak the track all week then it's a mess lol  Grin Grin Grin they are trying and they can't please everybody some drivers like it dry and i love it tacky but we all drive on the same track what ever the track conditions are lol Grin Grin Grin too wet takes too long to roll in and the races start to late and fans get mad and too dry races start on time but to much dust and alot of cautions and races end to late and fans get mad so they are trying to meet in the middle if they can lol Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked so wear some clear safety glasses with side shields and smile and get dirt in your teeth like all the rest of us and watch some damn good racing lol Grin Grin Grin
JBTuner
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 09:49:44 pm »

That was the reason for the post was to find out how much they were watering. I was thinking that, that may be the reason everyone was sliding into each other so much here lately. I know I'm having a time keeping traction on my car. Our class had been running w/o yellows there for awhile. But since it's been so dry their all over the track.
bigdog50

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 10:00:46 pm »

Dry slick Grin Grin Grin i remember when John Bankston told me one time on dry slick you have to slow down to go fast but friday night i forgot that statement lol and i added weight in the wrong place lol it pushed lake a dozer lol then i throwed the damn car in there and that was the wrong thing to do lol i spun out lol Grin Grin Grin Grin see yall friday
JBTuner
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 10:29:43 pm »

Yea, Bigdog50, thats what I'm talking about. They complaining about this one & that one running into them, when it can't be helped if their not use to running on a dry slick. A lot of new drivers, my boys one of them. We added tubes to the tires last week so we could drop the pressure lower, helped a little but, not near enough. Some people laughed at my post. But, if you don't ask others how do you find out.
I've been building motors for 20 yrs and I can make them go fast and hold togather but, the rest of the car has always been the drivers responsability. Now that I have a car, I'm learning something new every day .
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 10:32:00 pm by JBTuner » Logged
jhhuff2003
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 10:36:23 pm »

My wife talked to John Kolander ,he maintains the track,and he said he has been going to the track almost everyday of the week watering it.It is just so damn hot and dry right now. Grin
dirtbag

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 10:52:44 pm »

Take out the tubes not a good idea
mlp911

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 12:24:09 am »

if you walk around in the pits there is huge cracks in the ground from being so dry. gonna take some good rain before that track doesnt dry out...
JBTuner
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 01:27:08 am »

dirtbag....the 28 car is running tubes and kicking everybodys butts. Charles Kettl ran tubes for 30 yrs, so did Aubrey Cain & Jerry Ayler. Must be something right about it.
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 01:41:50 am »

what it doesnt do any good running low air pressure with a radial. it starts eating into the side wall. that is what i have learned in my rookie season. My dad ran tubes back in tha day and had problems with the tubes getting to hot.

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
pull bar

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 02:02:47 am »

there has been better side by side and coming from the back racing in the last 3 weeks than ive seen in a long time the last time they flooded the track was when the sprints where here and every race was won by the car starting on the pole dryslick takes away the motor and puts it in the drivers hands
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: