Golden Triangle Speedway
November 01, 2014, 08:13:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Track Drying Out During The Races  (Read 6368 times)
dirtbag

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 02:21:22 am »

should we do a poll on tubes or no tubes ?    1`st vote is mine      no tubes
bigdog50

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 02:45:51 am »

2nd vote no to tubes i don't care who ran tubes back in the day we have better tires and rims now the rims was the problem back in the day thats why they ran tubes.If you run low air pressure with tubes you better use baby powder to keep the tire from taring up the tube.Run good rims and you want have a problem with your tires plus have you priced tubes lately,almost the price of a new tire or atleast half.
dirtbag

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 03:02:07 am »

Keith we tried everything back in the day and never could make the tubes stay.noT sure about pure but I can tell you I don't think any hobbies or street stock have tubes 
pbrown

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 03:24:50 am »

theres only 2 uses for tubes 1 is to sit on it if your roids are flairing up & the other is to ride it while its being pulled by a boat'
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
jhhuff2003
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 03:26:10 am »

Well it shouldn't be so dry this week,we got a whole .15" of rain today(wed) in China.lol. Grin Grin
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 03:34:08 am by jhhuff2003 » Logged
Fergie2589

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 11:26:05 am »

leave it dry tell the guys not used to running on it that slower is faster just my 2 cents

Special thanks to: God, Carlton & Dayne Wright, Showtime Signs, Racing Engines by CB, Speedway Contruction, Rashall Racing, Silsbee Family Medicine, PDQ Plumbing, LC Electric, Pat Foreman Racing Heads, Kountze Enterprizes, A-1 Rentals, Family and Friends.
aubrey cain

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 12:21:29 pm »

Yes we ran tubes back in the day, but we ran racing tires with very thin sidewalls. The tubes were very thick too. We also put screws into the wheels so that the wheel wouldn't spin inside the tire and cut the valve stem of the tube off. I don't remember the last time I ran with tubes. Just remember on dry slick to try to get into the corner straight. not with the rear end hung out. Also get back on the throttle really easy and be sure you have lots of travel on the accelerator pedal so its easier to feather the throttle. Sure wish I was able to race, I sure miss the driving part.

Aubrey
JBTuner
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 01:01:23 pm »

I was trying anything to try to hook up. Have been running tubeless, switched to tubes and that didn't help any either. Gonna have to cut half of the boys size 14 foot off and put a govenor on the car I guess. Yank 2 wires off to keep him from busting loose.
Thanks for all the input. Good to hear from you Aubrey.
Fergie2589

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 01:05:03 pm »

tie a string from his foot to his nose lol

Special thanks to: God, Carlton & Dayne Wright, Showtime Signs, Racing Engines by CB, Speedway Contruction, Rashall Racing, Silsbee Family Medicine, PDQ Plumbing, LC Electric, Pat Foreman Racing Heads, Kountze Enterprizes, A-1 Rentals, Family and Friends.
JBTuner
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 01:10:23 pm »

If it would help I would !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GreyBeard
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 02:44:07 pm »

Yaw go ahead and complain about the track...but my plurasy was bad after last fridays races. still suffering from that might have to stay home this week and watch the dirtnetwork. not to mention how hard it was to get that stuff out of my figure 8 beard...hahahaha
bigdog50

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 02:51:41 pm »

Hey Josh you need to get you a ump modified talk to carlton lol Grin Grin your doing good in the limited tell carlton it's time to make the next step lol he's got the money lol Grin Grin Grin Grin
Fergie2589

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2009, 03:13:17 pm »

thanks keith what's sad is it cost close to the same to run limiteds or full modified s  I think I need couple more years in limited before im ready for all the big boys 

bigdog50

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 05:31:42 pm »

That limited class is tuff and it cost almost as much as a modified thats crazy,i would like to drive a limited to see how it fills on the track just to see i would like to have one.My hobby is for sale if you know somebody interested it's old but still gets around the track ok lol less motor and trans but everybody i talk to they want the motor also it's just an old truck motor nothing special lol Grin Grin Grin Grin
dirtbag

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 05:52:07 pm »

ooooooooook big dog old truck motor huh? Grin Grin Grin  well mine is a v6 thats why it sounds funny.   ask brown brothers if it dont sound funny
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:17:18 pm by dirtbag » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: