Golden Triangle Speedway
November 27, 2014, 12:52:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just bought a car. How do i race it?  (Read 2705 times)
Iced Out Kustomz

« on: July 13, 2009, 02:47:23 am »

i just bought a pretty clean race ready monte carlo. its yellow with a purple 75 on it. i just got it home bout an hour ago. he said only thing wrong with the car is the starter has to be replaced or rebuilt. well i know someone who rebuilds them so hes doin it for me and ill have it back in my hands working tommorrow. so my ? is if that is really the only thing wrong with this car and it starts up and drives and all... whats the rules on racing... ill be in pure stock. the car came with a helmet, jacket, and pants. but do i have to wait till next season or can i just jump in the car and show up ready to race friday or do i need to have it teched before i show up or what? please let me know any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks jarrett the cell is 4098935407   Huh

-Jarrett 4098935407
Fergie2589

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 02:49:26 am »

Show up with the car with all your safety equipment Helmet, Gloves, and suit, bring the car and all the above to the tech pad when you arrive the officials will inspect it and give you a sticker if you are in compliance. 

Special thanks to: God, Carlton & Dayne Wright, Showtime Signs, Racing Engines by CB, Speedway Contruction, Rashall Racing, Silsbee Family Medicine, PDQ Plumbing, LC Electric, Pat Foreman Racing Heads, Kountze Enterprizes, A-1 Rentals, Family and Friends.
Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 03:03:10 am »

ok man thanks. the car will pass. its been in beaumont before. i was just wondering because its my first time to ever get on the track haha. i hope i dont get in anyones way...

-Jarrett 4098935407
29Racing

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 03:04:22 am »

I don't know how old your car is, but you might want to make sure your seat belts and window nets are in good shape and less than 3 years old.  Good luck with your new ride.

Mike
racer25tx

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 03:05:40 am »

And you'll need to have gloves, and neck brace too
haulsas

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 03:10:15 am »

Mike is giving you good ideas...make sure the belts are in date and you have a metal fuel cell. There was a post about the cells needed to be metal after a certain date last year but never heard more about it. I have been racing the Pure Stock class for 4 years and know some about it, if you need someone to ask a question or need something while you are out at the track come see me, my car is the red Pure stock 66. My cell is 409 651-2865, glad to hear you got a car and are ready to race....Hope to see you friday..If you need something give me a call ....Kyle....
haulsas

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 03:13:12 am »

Just so you will know before you go any further with the car...try to find someone with a compression tester and test the compression on the motor before you race it,I have one if you want to borrow it. That way you will know what your starting with,,,check every fluid in it,,rearend to the radiator...make sure you dont waste your time draging it out there and dont get to race....,,,as far as racing it,,well,,,all I can say is 'When in Rome, do as the Romans" and you'll do just fine...Bring a camera, cause your gonna have a blast running that car...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 03:18:49 am by haulsas » Logged
Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 03:42:07 am »

yea ill have to get gloves... the guy did also give me a neck brace. i believe my window net and seat belt is up to date... im not sure (the car has been sitting a little over a year in someones back yard). its a little dirty but its not ripped or anything. so im not sure... i think the top of my fuel cell is metal but the rest is plastic... i think... thanks to everyone on this site im feeling confident that its going to be a fun sport to become part of. and kyle ill tell you the truth man im not sure how to check comprssion... so i dont want to borrow your tester and mess something up. thats my luck haha but if you would like to show me im always willing to learn... i have to work everyday this week but i think im going to try and change my oil ( i dont have a dip stick so not sure if its dirty or not...) the trans fluid was clean so ill prolly leave it until i get more money. the gas and the radiator fluid are both stagnate so ill drain and put new in both. the rear end... not sure how to check it so ill prolly just run it and if something acts up ill change it... im very happy to see that everyone in this sport is so willing to help a fellow racer out. thanks to everyone jarrett. i live in lumberton and like i said im new to the sport so if any one lives close and needs any help with there car id like to help just so i can learn more and meet new people. the cell number is 4098935407

-Jarrett 4098935407
Brian88

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 04:22:37 am »

Some other things you might want to think about getting are a tire pressure guage, (preferrably one that will read lower pressure), lug wrench, a jack, a couple of jack stands, fuel jug, and a small tool kit. These items will not be mandatory but if you have a mishap and need to make some repairs it helps to have a few tools. Oh one last thing I almost forgot and this is the most important tool in all dirt trackers tool box, a BIG HAMMER!!!  Grin Grin Look forward to seeing you at the track. I seen the car you purchased on SoutheastTexas.com looks like a good starter car. Good luck to you and remember Just have fun!! If you need anything at all please feel to ask.

Brian Boram
Modified #88
Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 09:43:37 am »

yea man i seen it on southeast texas... i think it looked better in the picture... haha. he said it was race ready and that it was clean and it ran and all kinds of stuff... i got to the place where it was and it looked as if it was sitting for about a year and a half. had the black mildew or what ever that black stuff is. all the tires were flat the car didnt even have a starter he said it had to be rebuilt. but i got the complete car motor, roll cage, extra seat, extra rims, extra steering wheel, the black rear plastic i just got to put it on, the front plastic is already on, and all the safety stuff besides the gloves and i picked it up for cheap. if anyone wants to see the car its still on south east texas under hobbies. youll see the name dirt track car...  yea you know ill prolly have the luck to get out there the first lap of the first race and blow a tire or worse. ill see if i can bring extra things with me. but this being my first time i dont think ill be able to bring it all considering im going to be broke after changing all these liquids and making this car go  Smiley

-Jarrett 4098935407
29Racing

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 02:28:51 pm »

ill see if i can bring extra things with me. but this being my first time i dont think ill be able to bring it all considering im going to be broke after changing all these liquids and making this car go

Welcome to racing.  It's only the beginning my friend.  See ya at the races.

Mike
haulsas

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 05:11:01 pm »

I will give you a call this evening and if you would like I will come by and see if I can help you with figuring some of it out...ttyl...  kyle
3DHOBBY

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 06:04:59 pm »

JUST A LITTLE MORE ADVICE.....MAKE SURE ALL YOUR WELDS ARE GOOD AND STRONG....ALL YOUR NUTS AND BOLTS ARE TIGHT.....THEN AFTER YOU TAKE ALL THIS ADVICE AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS GOOD......"GO FAST, AND TURN LEFT".....HAVE FUN TRY TO KEEP YOUR COOL AND BE SAFE...
Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 03:04:07 am »

i just got the car started!!! replaced the starter put some gas in the carb and it started right up and ran!!! ive been in the seen for only 2 days and ive already had alot of help! everyones willing to help! just a couple to name is kyle daniel for coming out to the shop and helping us out, scot cruitlin for letting us use his trailor, wayne berwick for helping me period, mark and kyler belk (lil bro and lil cousin) for cleaning up the car and changing the spark plugs and some liquids, brent guillory from kountz enterprises for helping put the starter on and getting the old gas out the tank and for breaking my screw driver... haha, chris beniot with riverside machine shop for letting us use his trailor, clint with bens alternator and starter in beaumont, my gf for being so supportive, and my dad for letting me use his truck to haul this car and trailor. and everyone on this site that has gave me ideas and how to on everything so far! thanks everyone!

-Jarrett 4098935407
Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 03:07:12 am »

the goal for tommorrow is to get it to go. we got it started today but when we put it in gear it wouldnt do anything. we are hoping its just low on trans fluid. so we will add some tommorrow and hope for the best. and on my last post if i misspelled any names im sorry.

-Jarrett 4098935407
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: