Golden Triangle Speedway
April 25, 2014, 05:19:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just bought a car. How do i race it?  (Read 2407 times)
29Racing

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 04:04:28 am »

i just got the car started!!! replaced the starter put some gas in the carb and it started right up and ran!!! ive been in the seen for only 2 days and ive already had alot of help! everyones willing to help! just a couple to name is kyle daniel for coming out to the shop and helping us out, scot cruitlin for letting us use his trailor, wayne berwick for helping me period, mark and kyler belk (lil bro and lil cousin) for cleaning up the car and changing the spark plugs and some liquids, brent guillory from kountz enterprises for helping put the starter on and getting the old gas out the tank and for breaking my screw driver... haha, chris beniot with riverside machine shop for letting us use his trailor, clint with bens alternator and starter in beaumont, my gf for being so supportive, and my dad for letting me use his truck to haul this car and trailor. and everyone on this site that has gave me ideas and how to on everything so far! thanks everyone!

Dang!!!  You're off to a great start.  You've haven't even hit the track yet and you already have more sponsors than most.  I've been racing for 2 years now and have only been able to get sponsors from my own right pocket.  I'm not hatin though, just jokin with ya.  You seem really eager to get out to the track and we need alot more guys and gals like you.  Congratulations on your first ride.  Warning though!!!  Once you make that first lap, you're hooked.

Mike
Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 04:14:25 am »

haha itll be fun man i app the post. i cant wait to get out there haha. i hope i can do it this fri... the owner of the track glen johnson??? called and hes coming to lumberton tommorrow to tech my car. i hope everything passes for pure stock if not i might have to get in hobby... ill get murdered there haha. but yea man i hope to see everyone this friday. ill be out there for sure. not sure if the car will be. just depends on what happens with the trans and with glenn coming out tommorrow. if anyone lives near lumberton im always willing to come help out or always wiling to let someone come help i enjoy learning. -jarrett

-Jarrett 4098935407
flyin fatboy

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 06:54:34 pm »

if the car has been sitting out in the weather for a year you might want to get some new seat belts.  remember they are whats holding your butt in the seat.
Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 07:45:18 pm »

yea haha thats true... so i got some bad news today. im not legal to drive at all. the car i bought it for pure stock... well its to gutted right off the bat... but then hobbie came around and i wanted to run it... well today gleen johnson came and looked at the car and i might have to run street stock. im still going to try for hobbie. i gotta get rid of the beedlocks that are on it i gotta get a 2 barrell carb it has a 4 barrell on it i gotta get a new seat belt mine just went out of date last month but they are like new... i got to get stock manifolds because mine is the corvette ones... and a couple of other things. im going to talk to gleen tonight and see what all has got to be changed. if you can help a fellow racer out in any way or if you have extra parts laying around that you can give or sell me really cheap or if you have the 8in wheels and want to trade for beedlocks... let me know. jarrett 4098935407 i live in lumberton tx

-Jarrett 4098935407
mlp911

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 07:53:55 pm »

you can run a q jet 4 barrel in hobbys and headers and one beadlock. just has to be 8".
haulsas

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 08:00:19 pm »

He's right, the only thing you will need is seat belts and manifolds in hobbie Stocks the gutt'ing on the car won't matter as long as it makes the weight. The seat belts were going to be replaced regaurdless of the class you run. Manifolds can be found but the headers would be better, and easier to deal with. I have several sets at my house, I will get them to you and you can see which ones will work....dont worry you will get it out there, just gonna take a little work...the beadlocks are ok too,, just 1 on the right rear.. the rest need to be rims...
Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 11:07:31 pm »

man if you would give me a call i wanna see bout the headers 8935407

-Jarrett 4098935407
Rowdy51

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 11:20:47 pm »

hey iced out if you need any help out at the track let me know...i used to race streetstocks a few years ago, just lookin to get back around the track again

StreetStock 51
JBTuner
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 11:23:55 pm »

Hey Iced Out....good luck in which ever class you end up running. My boy runs the royal blue pure stock 22x. Come by & shake hands.
haulsas

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 11:58:49 pm »

Call you at 715,,,,gotta get home first...on my way now...
Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 02:27:34 am »

im going to be out there this friday. no matter what haha. im either going to run my car in hobby stock or im going to hot lap the car after the races... so anyone that is out there id like to meet everyone in this sport!!!  Smiley and anyone that wants to help out any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

-Jarrett 4098935407
byproduct

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2009, 06:26:52 am »

have only been able to get sponsors from my own right pocket.

Share the load...
put money in each pocket.

Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2009, 10:40:51 pm »

haha i got the car lined out thanks to alot of people. just getting the carb rebuilt because its running rich because of alot of trash in it. should be at the track this fri!

-Jarrett 4098935407
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: