Golden Triangle Speedway
April 17, 2014, 05:27:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Good Night to "Pull Vacuum" in PS  (Read 6515 times)
dirtworks52

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 07:29:59 pm »

i build engines. all you have to do is set up a dial indicator with an extension and run it down the pushrod hole to the edge of the lifter, then its just like a solid.
true  but wouldn't you want too make sure that there is not a solid lifter in that winning engine when you r 2nd or so
and i believe the rules say valve lift  checked at the rocker arm on the valve side.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 07:37:40 pm by dirtworks52 » Logged
st.stock38

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 08:18:09 pm »

if you are gonna cry and whine put the money up and find out you know so much, bench racers
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 10:17:34 pm by st.stock38 » Logged
dirtworks52

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 10:14:24 pm »

if you are gonna bitch and whine put the money up and find out you know so much, bench racers
alright potty mouth   first the tech mans gota be there too do that
st.stock38

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 10:19:10 pm »

ever week seems like the sos either put up or move on!
haulsas

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 02:49:31 am »

There are alot of reasons that an engine may not have 15# of vac other than an illegal cam...test the lift...pull a valve cover losen the rocker arm, pull the push rod and test it....use the inspection plugs THEY wanted, jack one up and look at the suspension...you dont have to cheat to win,,,I thought for a long time everyone who won,,,or was way out front was illegal.....some are.....some maybe,,,and some just kicked your ass.....lol....its called racing.....some know how,,some dont....I currently dont....but who gives a shiat....I am still have'n fun,,,,,and you should too....please protest me..i need some money to freshen my motor...
gfi17ps

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 06:42:36 am »

st. stock 38 your not even registered at gtrp, stick to your own track and let people who actually race at gtrp worry about the cars at gtrp, until you do show up at gtrp butt out. And to those who do run at gtrp people are going to cheat, i know it happends, i dont know who is and who isnt but it goes on, all i want to do is get my car fixed and get back out again. i would give almost anything to get my ass handed to me by an illegal car just as long as i can get it back out there. It doesnt matter what kinda ways they find to tech cars people are going to find ways to bend or break the rules. next topic please
CAGE RATTLER

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 06:50:35 am »

well said gfi17 just shut the hell up and run your street stock.
maddog

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 11:13:24 am »

do you even race anymore ss38, the only time i see or here from you is on the forum asking do you have any pics.talk about bench racer.lol Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Madison racing#3
CAGE RATTLER

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 01:49:10 pm »

hey maddog good to see that 3 car friday good luck see at the track.
00wallcrawler

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 05:54:06 pm »

The reason for the solid is you need to check how much the valve opens not how much the lifter rises.  This ensures the lift at the valve in case they run 1.6 rockers.
bigdog50

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 06:17:36 pm »

Our tech man(buster)has a problem with his knee and i think will be at the track friday but i think if anybody wants to look a motor they should have to pay to see inside of the motor,i know last year cleveland racers seen the inside of my motor atleast three times or more for nothing so put your money where your mouth is lol or do like i did in cleveland and give the drivers or on lookers who was concerned a baby pacifier at the tech barn lol Grin Grin Grin Grin and for the ss38 when was the last time you raced and why are you coccerned with pure stock in bmt let them handle there problems maybe you need a pacifier lol  Grin Grin Grin or did you get on of mine in clevland last year lol just bring your ss38 out to beaumont and race it then you can write on the fourm lol Grin Grin Grin Grin
Moulton123

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2009, 07:54:16 pm »

just b/c a car look's faster than the rest of the feild.don't mean it's all motor mite be do to some one
working on the setup /so the car will turn with out a push up or ass end hanging out comeing of the turn
both of thes scurb off momentem and speed
bigdog50

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2009, 08:06:34 pm »

You said a mouth full Mr.Moulton123 but people don't see it that way,it's not the horse power it's all about making that left turn as smooth as possible and able to stay in the gas.Once a car screws up in a corner it takes another lap to catch back up and if the car in front don't screw your not going to catch that car you just hope for a caution.
dirtbag

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2009, 08:14:33 pm »

bid dog thats not always true.... my car was hooked up last time well the only time we run it this yr and we were in the way. sorry about being in the way with my junk .  Grin Grin Grin
bigdog50

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2009, 08:35:17 pm »

Well ok most of the time lol but the last time i heard your car it sound like a sprint motor because i remember i was in the tech barn and heard it hot laping after the races and said who is THAT MAN THAT CAR SOUNDS GOOD and they said ernest was hot laping it and running the guts out of it.lol get that car going
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: