Golden Triangle Speedway
July 22, 2014, 02:46:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wow!!! that was fun haha!!!  (Read 11387 times)
Iced Out Kustomz

« on: July 25, 2009, 07:25:36 am »

so the night started crappy... (keep in mind this was the first nigth for me to race) i drove in from lumberton about 5ish and it rained on me the whole way. ok well i get to the track and i start unloading things from the truck and relize i forgot to take my seat cover off and its now soaked.  Undecided well i get in the car start it up back it off the trailor and the first race was a hot lap race i made litterally about 10 yards and my car shut down? the wrecker pulled me in the back and as soon as i took the hood off i realized the ignition wire came off the distributer. so i put it on and the car started right up. so then the heat came up and i actually did good i didnt hit anyone or the wall and i finished and i wasnt that far behind at all haha i got 5th out of 5. well i pull the car in the back then its time for the feature! within the first 5 laps i hit a car that came down on me (she had a flat and was trying to get into the middle) well that bent up my fender and  bumper pretty good and ripped off the front ss plastic bumper cover. well when the caution light went off we went a couple more laps and next thing i know i got clipped in a corner and i made prolly 3 circles when i stopped spinning i was backwards on the track looking at the fast approaching brown brother cars so instead of getting back on the track in there way i just pulled into the middle of the track and let them finish the race. so all in all i had a good night i got some seat time and enjoyed every second of it! i will def be back next friday!!!  Smiley

-Jarrett 4098935407
JSanford

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 07:31:29 am »

I was proud of you and for you - glad to speak with you and your girlfriend (?) tonight afterwards as well.
larkin19

Gonna get a little SIDEWAYS!!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 07:36:30 am »

Ice, You have the greatest attitude a person can have.  I just want to thank you for making me realize how much fun this sport of ours can be.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Some times our VERY COMPETITIVE NATURE won't let us enjoy what really makes us happy RACING!!!! Keep up the good work, its going to be fun watching you progress.

Special thanks to: Jamie Bryant, Fine Signs and Graphics, Rashall Racing, Ferguson & Wright Racing and the crew Chryslynn, Larkin, Trenton.
Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 07:56:48 am »

yes sir thats my gf! shes very supportive! i just enjoy coming out and having a great time. i work all week so its just nice to i guess you could say let loose for a little bit. i enjoy it and im hooked haha. ill be there next friday also and cant wait to see everyone ive met again and to also meet more people along the way!

-Jarrett 4098935407
cherokeeracer

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 03:59:47 am »

Hey Ice,

Sorry Shelby got into you coming off the track!!  She didn't see you.  You can thank number 21 for running into her and cutting the left rear. 

#29 DAD
CAGE RATTLER

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 04:39:58 am »

yea that 21 car is wild im waiting for the 60 car to put him in the fence!
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 03:11:41 pm »

i can say the same about other cars out there on the track but in their own eyes they do no wrong

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
bigdog50

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 03:24:17 pm »

Amen lol Grin Grin
cherokeeracer

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 03:46:17 pm »

Well said BrownBrothers!!!  I don't think you will have to worry about the 29 getting in your way this week cause Shelby is sick and tired of GTRP this year.  She's like LM911, when we have a good night going something breaks and the other nights we get torn up.  And the cycle keeps going on and on.
dirtbag

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 03:56:49 pm »

will lufkin open next year?Huh??
haulsas

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 04:16:21 pm »

I looked at their site the other day and it didnt say nothing about it....hope they do.....
cherokeeracer

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 05:47:12 pm »

Dirtbag,

I have talked to the owner several times as well as the man that leased the track and ran it last year.  Both keep telling me that the track will open next year.  I still believe it will be a wait and see situation.  As of now, most of the Lufkin cars that are still racing are going to Many or 105.  As soon as I hear anything definite I will post it on this forum.  We would welcome all of ya'll if we ever get it opened again!! 

Later,
#29 & #55 Dad
U Suck

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 06:03:40 pm »

i can say the same about other cars out there on the track but in their own eyes they do no wrong
Isn't that the nature of the beast? Nobody I mean nobody wants to think they are doing wrong. Right or not, adrenaline does take over in certain situations and you should know that sometimes it is pure instinct. If you are real good, most of the time it is instinct. It sure is fun watching this class!!! You Hobby Stocks put on one hell of a show!

Jay Utterback
Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 06:52:37 pm »

cherokeeracer. i dont blame Shelby. things happen. it wasnt to bad, nothing a rubber mallet and a couple of rivets couldnt fix haha. and as far as what BrownBrothersRacing said that is true and i hope that if i am doing something wrong someone will let me know dont let me go on not realizing what im doing is wrong. my car when the last owner had it he raced it in lufkin. so if they do open i think it would be cool to go run there see if anyone recognizes it. idk if im going to be able to race at the track this friday i gotta replace a couple of things. i gotta rivet the front back on but more importantly i gotta replace the header gasket. i got a paper one on it and sometime during the race i blew about half of it off. idk if im going to spend the $150 for copper or just $20 for another paper one that will prolly blow apart again... ill be at the track with or without the car hope to see everyone there! -jarrett 4098935407

-Jarrett 4098935407
CAGE RATTLER

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 07:39:21 pm »

Jay, when do yall want to look at geralds camaro?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: