Golden Triangle Speedway
December 22, 2014, 12:32:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling all Street Stock  (Read 2407 times)
U Suck

« on: August 08, 2009, 07:14:40 am »

Just wanted to let everyone know that we spoke to Glen for a long time tonight after the races. If this class is going to continue on next year, the car counts have to get to 14 cars consistently. Lets make this happen people! No more excuses, get the cars out there... Otherwise, most of these cars will be sold for scrapmetal. If Glen quits running then Cleveland said they were going to quit running as well. You got 2 weeks to get them running and to the track... If you need someone to drive your car, I'm sure someone will be happy to run it for yall! By the way, Glen said that he would let the drivers vote on a tire only if the season ends with good car counts. Just think, everyone that wants the radials can get their wish if you just keep the count up!!!
redroosterracing

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 11:39:59 am »

u suck,  I wonder if we had 2 sets of payouts   like 5 to 10 cars   and 10 to 20 cars   that way Glen doesnt have to pay full purse on the nights when just 8 r 9 show    just a thought    as for as the tire thing   if they let 35 or 45 dollar tires stand in the way of racing   how can they afford 100 dirt tires    performance    well yeah   but the ones that complained about the asphalt pull-offs at the beginning of the year, are still winning  races    I dont care if they put us on Donuts, the ones in the front will always get back up there   my two cents!!!!!!!!!!!!!   what happened in the teching for ss?Huh

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
redroosterracing

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 11:40:58 am »

yeah Bro, I know im supposed to be at work    SSSHHH!!!

dirtbag

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 12:47:26 pm »

the heads were pulled in tech to ck bore and stroke . everyone was legal . i think there is 2 pay outs . 1 up to 14 cars and the other is 15 cars and up .i will have my new motor wed and was going to put it in thur
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 01:15:32 pm by dirtbag » Logged
strocker ace

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 02:57:24 pm »

Glen said we are off next week run the week after and off the next week hopefully he will post a schedule.
PeteDuoto12m

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 03:54:55 pm »

Sorry that I could not make it last night, my mom had a stent put in her heart yesterday and my son was admitted for pneumonia. (Long week) I am hoping to be there next time ya'll run.
CAGE RATTLER

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 04:15:44 pm »

hope everything works out for you, my mother inlaw had some heart troubles last week ,very stressful good luck with everything see yall in a couple of weeks.    Jud
PeteDuoto12m

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 04:50:34 pm »

Thank"s,Jud
JUSTME00

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 05:17:25 pm »

HEY GUYS NICE RACE LASTNIGHT.. I WATCHED IT ON TDN.. NOT MANY CARS HUH?Huh IT SEEMED LIKE EVERYBODY BEHAVED...  I HEARD THEY EVEN TECHED A COUPLE OF CARS.... DAMM THATS A CHANGE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION...
bigdog50

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 03:33:51 pm »

So gerald if you can't make it on fridays now  Huh Huh Huh!!!! after your car is fixed are you going to let somebody drive you car on fridays to help the car count in street stock Huh Huh Huh lol remember you said!!!!! that GLEN said to get the cars out there in this class lol Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin Wink Wink Wink
dirtbag

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 03:40:33 pm »

I will be able to come fri but that's the last week for me and since they are not running ss if we can get the motor in we will bring it to hot lap to see if its FAST enough.  Best of luck to ss I spent a pile of money and had to waste it
JUSTME00

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 03:50:20 pm »

GOOD JOB LASTNIGHT BIGDOG.. I WATCHED IT ON TDN.. 3RD PLACE RIGHT?Huh?
crewchief1

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 06:59:32 pm »

Here we go again about doing away with the street stock class and changing the tire rule.  Lets address doing away with the street stock class.  GTRP says they need to have 14 cars to keep the class going.  Several years ago there were Bombers, Pure Stock, and Street Stock classes.  Then someone came up with the idea of Outlaw Bombers.  With that idea we had 4 classes of stock cars.  The Pure Stock class was dropped due to the advent of the Outlaw Bombers.  Now we have Pure Stock, Hobby Stock formerly Outlaw Bombers, and Street Stock.  A solution to this would be to combine Hobby Stock and Street Stock as both classes are fairly close in rules.  Adressing the problem of car count.  GTRP and other racing facilities, due to the state of the economy and family affairs it is not always feasible to have 14 cars every Friday or Saturday night.  I feel that maybe having just two classes in the stock class might be more feasible in these difficult times.  As for the tire rule issues for the Street Stock class, I like the asphalt take-offs.  I have raced both tires and the asphalt take-offs have better control and traction.  The only way to upgrade from this would be to go to the 285 and 305 Hoosier tire. 
redroosterracing

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 07:42:49 pm »

just wondering if battleground closed ss and (word is) cleveland mite do the same, that would make gtrp the ultimate ss place!!!

redroosterracing

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 07:50:43 pm »

strokerace, I hope we are not off next week, I see that 105 has the ss off too.   was thinking of going to 105 but....

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: